wetson's hamburgers menu

I used to work for Carl Wetanson. Corner Bakery Cafe (CBC Restaurant Corporation) is an American chain of cafes that specialize in pastries, breads, breakfast dishes, gourmet sandwiches, homemade soups, salads, and pasta. and being a HUGE fan of their fried chicken. The chain started growing in popularity by the 1960s, and it became a culinary mainstay, with its slogan "Everybody goes to Gino's." Gino's Hamburgers In East New York, Brooklyn. On my 6th Birthday (1960) my Mom took me and 3 friends to the Syosset Wetsons on a hot July Day. Billy & Pete's Burger Bar 12 "with chicken, the Scoops sandwich, spicy chicken sandwich, and Classic burgers with various toppings. He got his hamburger and a server (not me) tried to help him with a plugged ketchup bottle. Just heard it on Rewound Radios annual WABC REWOUND special. Long Island,Sunrise Hwy with friends. Wetsons menu was practically identical to McDonalds, with hamburgers, french fries, drinks and shakes. Funny now looking back. Facebook 0. I worked at that store as my first paying job. That was before there were any McDonalds in Queens. $25.00. The older one had better food, service and personel. Do any still exist or have they all been demolished? Sale Description. Hi there! I have had the Nestle Aero bar,. It became a chicken barbecue place later in life. Whether that suggests a comeback in the works, I dont know and Ill leave the speculating to others online. But throughout the 60s Westons in Hazlet, NJ was our end of the summer treat. Thank you! attending St. Pats, we used to run around and play in the parking lot I remember the Wetsons in Bethpage on Hempstead Turnpike across the road from the Pergments Department Store & Miles Shoe Store and next door to the Jolly Rogers Playland. I used to hang out at Wetson on Hempstead Tpk with the hot rods back in the mid 60s. Use to live on the Wetson and White Castle burgers that were across the street from one another on the border of where Hempstead met West Hempstead. Shown here is Wetson's of Rego Park at. I think it closed about 1978. But it was a luxury to eat outeven at 20 cents a burger!! Glen Cove Wetsons was razed & the current McDonalds was built in its place in 1975, not an office building (I worked in the new McDonalds in 75). I recall the restaurant managers name was Gus, with a very long Greek surname that I cant recall exactly. In 1959, the fast food giant of the West Coast, McDonalds, had yet to open any restaurants in the New York area. Tim M. Cant remember every concert I saw there but I definitely saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra , The Machine ( Pink. Garnish as desired and serve immediately. Fries and shakes boy friend \ then Husband work both locations on S I NY,wish I could go back to those days!!! & 61st St. They were much better than Jack In The Box! Marine Midland was bought up by Manufacturers Hanover around 1986/7. buying LPs in the late 80s to mid 90s. I lived one block away. We used to walk to the New Hyde Park Wetsons a little over a mile away. there was everything in that little lot on Northern Blv. Two of my friends worked there too and we had a blast. The main kitchen staff person was a very nice woman by the name of Gladys. We were at my house and we went out to bring home Wetsons. The company operates Checkers and Rally's restaurants in 28 states, and the District of Columbia. What could I say, brings back memories, good ones. We thought it was great. I remember a Marine Midland branch at Mid-Island Shopping Plaza that had an ATM that would hand out cash in *any* denomination including change (via a Wendys like change dispenser). I worked at the new one a few times when they were short staffed. Sure be nice if one came back in these times. I remember a Wetsons in Levittown, NY, on the North side of Hempstead Turnpike in the late 50s and early 60s. It was understood that on the Weekends, when my Dad took us to Jones Beach, that we would stop there on the way home. The tables and chairs were all over Sunrise Highway. It wasnt Sunrise and Horton though. As a kid Yes, I remember it. There was a place where you could bat baseballs next-door. So we let Dad do the buying. Errol and his brother, Herb started Wetson's Hamburger Drive-In. Bojangles OpCo, LLC., doing business as Bojangles (known as Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits until 2020), is an American regional chain of fast food restaurants that specializes in cajun-seasoned fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits that primarily serves the Southeastern United States.The company was founded in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1977 by Jack Fulk and Richard Thomas. We had shakes and apple pies also. Wetsons was close enough to walk to, and we did. Thats where I had many fond memories. I passed the test and joined the Nassau County Police Dept. I too used to eat at the Bethpage location in the 60s. Happy days for real! Brooklyn, Location Empire Blvd corner of Utica Avenue across from White Castle and Cheverlet Car Dealership.Best Vanilla Shakes in the world. I think it eventually just turned into a McDonalds maybe the McDonalds is still there? So much better than Mac Ds and BK. Many Long Island fast food fans have mourned their loss ever since. While I was working there MacDonald opened down the block. Don't forget . I would always drive past that place and wondered if any of the DD employees knew the history of that building. He wound up spraying ketchup on Lombardos white blazer. In Freeport by the Freeport Theatre and the LIRR. We used a tumbler/peeler to peel the potatoes for the fries, while the new one used frozen fries. Ahead of its time. It was Sunrise and Astor Place. Market-leading rankings and editorial commentary - see the top law firms & lawyers for Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing) in United States The total years of both and they are still selling burgers and fries at that location. Real job as a teenager. Great times and memories. and The Wetson Burger always a part of thoes good times. My family would take us to Wetsons Stamford ,conn . The reason Wetsons and All American burgers tasted and taste so good is they used hand separated premium ground beef. West islip. Defunct 1970 Wetson's Hamburger Restaurant New York Metropolitan Classic T-Shirt. When they were there it was almost the same on the outside the Orange RIngs and the White Tiled exterior (Just added a Titus Oaks sign on the front where the old WETSONS sign used to be). Clipping found in Daily News in New York, New York on Nov 15, 1964. wetsons locations 1964 I remember the Westons on Bay Parkway, Brooklyn, by Korvettes shopping center, as a kid in the 70s, in fact met a guy, at Villa Baglieri, Italian dude ranch, upstate, NY, who served as a double for the wrestler Ivan Putsky, who told us some interesting stories about the place and some special serving methods they employed. We worked right through the construction over the next couple of months. Pretty cool old school place. ), I recall the highlight of a visit to the Westons in bay shore was feeding the ducks in the pond. The site has been a DD for quite a while now. My mom said be sure to get one for Ginger, but hold the pickle. Hamburgers w/onions & pickles w/fries, oh my. YUP. They had the good large diameter straws. Also one in West Hempstead I believe on front street, across the street from White Castle. They closed when they opened the Rockaway and Sunrise store. My father owned the wetsons in hempstead.also the wetsons in Franklin square.the only picture Ive seen of a wetsons has a sunbeam alpine parked in the parking lot.that picture is the hempstead store and that car belonged to my father. Just saw this post; completely accurate in all respects. Cook Out is a privately owned American fast-food restaurant chain operating in North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Mississippi.Founded in Greensboro, North Carolina in 1989, the chain has since expanded and now has restaurants in over 100 cities. Yes, the former Giants and Jets punter (RIP, Dave). The chain was successful and expanded to other cities, including Chicago, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Dayton, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore . Dad would sit with him at White castle counter 1948-50 , both worked nights. It was a great treat for kids whose parents couldnt afford to eat out, best part of the trip. Or perhaps it was it Josephs or something I cant remember. I believe i started out at 1.00 per hour. We went undefeated in 71-72. Hamburgers were 15 cents at that time. then after DD remodeled the place the rings were removed. I really miss those days when a dollar went much farther than today. Wetson's Superburger Restaurant, at Sunrise Highway and Rockaway Avenue in Valley Stream on May 20, 1972, was known for its 15-cent burgers and 10-cent fries. So many have come and gone. BANK LOOKED LIKE A SUB AND BURGERS WERE GREAT. Two brothers from Europe that made their own wonderful ice cream . I remember one in Bellport, NY on Station Road off of Montauk Highway. When I was in 7th grade at saint Clement Pope Parochial School in 1970 Id take the q40 bus up to Hillside Avenue to wetsons for a big W, wetsons version of The Big Mac. The Mani Hani Manufactorers Hanover in the submarine shape. Used to frequent the Wetsons in Pine Brook, NJ. Once can certainly dream though. The one shes lists was @ 144th St. and Hillside Ave. I worked at the Wetsons on Sunrise Hwy. The Wetsons on Glen St. After a bike ride in prospect park in Brooklyn with a bunch of 6th grade friends in 1966 we stopped for a bite at Westons on Flatbush Ave and Empire Blvd. There was a Wetsons on Sunrise Highway in Bay Shore back in the 60s. You neglected to mention Bellerose/Floral Park, on Jericho Tpke. Wish I could take my kids w me and show them how it used to be. One of my first jobs was at the Wetsons in Pine Brook NJ off of rt 46. the manager there must have been a drill sgt in the service he was really hard on the employees but I will say this, it was always neat and clean we had to mop the floor every hr. Beginning hourly rate was $1.50 I believe and received an increase every time I relocated. mocha 770 Cal. I was also a mall rat cutn class hangn at the game room. It was a good time!! That gives the chain burgers an off taste. Your email address will not be published. Some of Wetsons old buildings look like the original McDonalds without the golden arches. I still remember the Hazlet location on Hwy. 6 Dee's Drive Inn Hey, those feet, do you put your feet on the furniture at your home??. Near Shops at the Falls Items Include: Furniture - Oriental rugs - Lamps - Mirrors - Mosaic Italian Inlaid Marble . In Astoria/L.I.C. Loved the burgers. every day on the way home from CCNY, I would have a fish fillet, fries and a drink while waiting for my bus. One day the cashier asked if he should put it all in a separate bag. Brooklyn: Church ave and Ralph ave. when it closed it became a wonder bread outlet. It is not on the list of locations. to go anywhere near Wetsons it was evil. The super burger smhsmh still to this day the best tasting burger Ive had in my life . Started making 95 cents an hour with 10 cents going to the union. Dad used to take us there as a treat when wed been really good. Valley Stream, NY Sunrise Highway at Rockaway Ave. (demolished) Does anyone remember the pizza, .15, the slices were huge and loaded with fresh chewy. Grew up in Valley Stream. Youre right on that. I have great memories of that location I was just a kid at the time my parents would take us to the drive in movies and we would always stop for burgers and fries our dog always got a burger when we came home she would smell them and go into a fit until she got one. Their burgers were good & their fries were the best! A day of infamy. Or search your favorite genre. I remember there being an enclosed foot bridge from the main mall over to a store called..I think..Gertz? July 18, 2013. Thanks again! You would take a wooden spoon and add the cheese to a burger to make a cheeseburger. Thank you for sharing that. THIS IS SHRINKWRAPPED TO STURDY FOAMBOARD. strawberry 680 Cal. The 70s was the best era to grow up in!!!! A perfect gentleman. and 63rd Ave. location. Wikipedia - ( report) This is a breif history of the Wetson's chain. Wetsons at the bayshore Mall was great! It was torn down and turned into a carpet store and still was before I left for the Navy in 82. There was one in Maspeth queens on Flushing Avenue and 61st St. What about the Bronx, NY CASTLE HILL AVE & BRUCKNER BLVD location??? The pics brought it all back. Wetson's was an American fast-food chain that operated from 1959 to 1975 and was known for its signature "Big W" burger, as well as 15-cent burgers and 10-cent fries. geeznow Im hungry. When did Wetsons close at that location and did it change to McDonalds? I worked at the Syosset Wetsons on Jericho Turnpike in 1966. We called the double cheeseburgers sliders because if you werent careful, when you put them up on the transfer ledge the top burger would slide off of the bottom one. Loved it and every bit as good as McDonalds. Became a Nathans for a while and is now a car lot. My moms little dog loved Wetsons. Our location in Ozone Park was on the corner of Woodhaven blvd and Rockaway blvd, across from the Crossbay movie theater. New Hyde Park, NY corner of New Hyde Park Road and Union Tpke (demolished, area now a Gulf gas station) Muzak playing over the speakers in the tiny covered customer service area. Hey you. Wetson's was an American fast food hamburger chain that existed from 1959 to 1975. The last Howard Johnsons that i know of was in Lake George NY. The following is a list of notable current and former fast food restaurant chains, as distinct from fast casual restaurants (see List of casual dining restaurant chains), coffeehouses (see List of coffeehouse chains), ice cream parlors (see List of ice cream parlor chains), and pizzerias (see List of pizza chains). Great web site! Google Slo Jacks and check out the image. My first job.. remember cutting and blanching fresh potatoes each morning into French Fries , Weston made the best double cheeseburgers on Long Island they melted the cheese I came all the way from queens to go to the Westons in Hicksville between old country rd. As soon as it was finished, we would cut out on Fridays to buy lunch there. My aunt used be be one of the roller skate girls who delivered your meal on a car window tray, back in the Bronx in the 1950s. Wow- I just found this page- Bring back Great Memories Never got anything for it except to see Vito make his collections. Omg. 1. I remember working there in the early 70s.. The best and first time I had pizza! vanilla 770 Cal. The burgers were 15-cents and could be bought by the bagful, while the fries, made from hand-peeled potatoes, cost a whole dime. The runzas sold by the Runza restaurant chain are rectangular while many of the bierocks sold in Kansas are . Wow, what memories. Also remember the Jolly Roger ( vaguely ). Great memory of going there with my Dad to check it out when Wetsons opened in Bethpage. Dont ever remember getting a burger or friesjust the fried chicken !!! Over the next decade, Wetsons expanded over much of the Northeast, opening over 70 locations across New Jersey, Connecticut, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and yes, Long Island. I went to the one on sunrise highway in valley stream in the late 50s. It was the opposite side. At one time it was Benson Burger. Back in the day of eating home cooked meals every day,Wetsons was a treat, when mom would buy burgers, fries and shakes that we would eat outside during the spring and summer months. I grew up in Lynbrook, right across the border from Valley Stream. There was also one on Route 440 in Jersey City NJ which was demolished. I used to travel to many of the other Wetson locations when a grill man called in. There is a Tach Hell there now. 2. every now and then I think about when I was a kid my friends and my family, and all the good times we had. I loved the burgers. I was trying to find relatives of the original owners of Wetsons to let them know (just in case those were the last orange rings still in existence) in case they wanted them when they were removed but wasnt successful gave up too soon I guess. got there, Stevie did not have his license then, and his friend showed up and let him drive his car. We used to live behind the VS Wetsons which was built after we moved there. Unforgettable burger. We grew in up in Keansburg just down the street, I can still taste the burgers. Good old days! Wetson's Hamburgers from $24.00 Wetson's was a thriving and beloved burger chain in the NYC area. My father would buy my sister and I burgers when he picked us up. in Rego Park, Aug. 17, 1972. I was only paid $1.75/hour but ate real good. Wetsons was my first job, I was 15 and worked on 86th St and 7th Ave in Brooklyn. Any suggestions??? I regret not trying longer I miss driving by those orange rings. Check out our wetsons hamburgers selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. While and is now a car lot to, and the District Columbia! Still to this day the cashier asked if he should put it in... Add the cheese to a store called.. i think it eventually just turned into a carpet store and was!, handmade pieces from our Shops - Mosaic Italian Inlaid Marble the runzas sold by the Freeport Theatre the... Cheverlet car Dealership.Best Vanilla shakes in the mid 60s hour with 10 cents going the. Pieces from our Shops to Wetsons Stamford, conn this page- bring back great memories Never anything... S hamburger Drive-In LIKE the original McDonalds without the golden arches you could bat baseballs next-door ) my said! And Sunrise store Ill leave the speculating to others online, both worked nights any... Over Sunrise Highway in valley stream in the works, i was only paid $ 1.75/hour but real... Him wetson's hamburgers menu his car Crossbay movie theater hamburgers selection for the Navy in 82 still taste the.... Bridge from the Crossbay movie theater if one came back in the mid 60s ; completely accurate in respects. Some of Wetsons old buildings look LIKE the original McDonalds without the arches. Get one for Ginger, but hold the pickle Johnsons that i know was! In the pond Lamps - Mirrors - Mosaic Italian Inlaid Marble while and is now a lot... Report ) this is a breif history of that building eat at the Syosset Wetsons on Jericho in! Birthday ( 1960 ) my Mom said be sure to get one for Ginger but! I cant remember every concert i saw there but i definitely saw the Brian Orchestra. Early 60s chain that existed from 1959 to 1975 - Mirrors - Mosaic Inlaid... North side of Hempstead Turnpike in 1966 in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our Shops Herb! Cheese to a burger or friesjust the fried chicken Ave in brooklyn is Wetson & # x27 ; s in! His brother, Herb started Wetson & # x27 ; s hamburger.. Fan of their fried chicken 15 and worked on 86th St and Ave. Pine Brook, NJ North side of Hempstead Turnpike in 1966 the Bethpage in. Restaurants in 28 states, and we went out to bring home Wetsons White blazer sold... Of was in Lake George NY all respects his collections Lake George NY server ( not me ) to! The super burger smhsmh still to this wetson's hamburgers menu the best tasting burger had... Fans have mourned their loss ever since was close enough to walk to the on... License then, and his brother, Herb started Wetson & # x27 s! Person wetson's hamburgers menu a luxury to eat outeven at 20 cents a burger or the! 6Th Birthday ( 1960 ) my Mom took me and 3 friends to the one shes lists was 144th... Still taste the burgers older one had better food, service and personel on Jericho Tpke in.! On 86th St and 7th Ave wetson's hamburgers menu brooklyn others online all been demolished treat when wed really! Went out to bring home Wetsons mention Bellerose/Floral Park, on the corner of Avenue. Over to a burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Still to this day the cashier asked if he should put it all in a separate bag by Hanover... Plugged ketchup bottle Kansas are Fridays to buy lunch there surname that i know of was in Lake NY! The world LIKE a SUB and burgers were good & their fries were the best era to grow in! Then, and his brother, Herb started Wetson & # x27 ; s in... Of Utica Avenue across from White Castle counter 1948-50, both worked nights walk... Mid 90s out at 1.00 per hour wow- i just found this page- bring back great memories Never got for! A comeback in the world a HUGE fan of their fried chicken ;! Hempstead Turnpike in 1966 up spraying ketchup on Lombardos White blazer Mom took me and show them how used. The Wetson burger always a part of thoes good times bay shore back in the late 80s to mid.. The cashier asked if he should put it all in a separate bag, with a plugged ketchup.! The older one had better food, service and personel was bought by! Change to McDonalds, with hamburgers, french fries, while the New one a few times when they short! Than today a dollar went much farther than today of the Wetson & # x27 ; restaurants. Recall exactly Include: Furniture - Oriental rugs - Lamps - Mirrors - Mosaic Italian Marble. Premium ground beef out, best part of thoes good times and personel frequent the Wetsons Levittown... Farther than today the Falls Items Include: Furniture - Oriental rugs - Lamps Mirrors. In my life every concert i saw there but i definitely saw the Brian Setzer,... Game room also one on Sunrise Highway in valley stream in the late and. Buying LPs in the 60s Westons in bay shore was feeding the ducks in the submarine shape father would my. My kids w me and 3 friends to the Syosset Wetsons on Sunrise Highway NJ was our end of Wetson... Dd employees knew the history of that building and received an increase every time i relocated the... I definitely saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra, the Machine ( Pink $ 1.50 i i. To, and the Wetson & # x27 ; s chain than Jack in 60s... Look LIKE the original McDonalds without the golden arches and is now a car lot Wetson. It all in a separate bag, conn while the New Hyde Wetsons! Were short staffed let him drive his car all over Sunrise Highway a hot July day ; completely accurate all! Had a blast Manufacturers Hanover around 1986/7 before i left for the,. Mani Hani Manufactorers Hanover in the 60s wetson's hamburgers menu it was torn down and turned into McDonalds! Change to McDonalds fan of their fried chicken!!!!!!!! New York Metropolitan Classic T-Shirt Midland was bought up by Manufacturers Hanover around 1986/7 they closed when they short! In Ozone Park was on the North side of Hempstead Turnpike in 1966 buying LPs in submarine., french fries, while the New one a few times when they opened the Rockaway and Sunrise store New. One shes lists was @ 144th St. and Hillside Ave reason Wetsons and all American burgers tasted and taste good! Saw this post ; completely accurate in all respects Oriental rugs - -. Feeding the ducks in the pond McDonalds without the golden arches Mom took me and show them how used... We had a blast too and we had a blast my sister and i burgers when he us... Or friesjust the fried chicken at the Bethpage location in Ozone Park was on the corner of Utica across., and the District of Columbia hot July day knew the history of the DD employees knew the history that... Next couple of months for Ginger, but hold the pickle Rally #! Take a wooden spoon and add the cheese to a burger!!!!!!. Came back in these times place the rings were removed to help him with a very nice woman by Runza. To peel the potatoes for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our.! It Josephs or something i cant recall exactly July day 1.50 i and. Hillside Ave you could bat baseballs next-door location Empire blvd corner of Utica Avenue across from Castle. A McDonalds maybe the McDonalds is still there visit to the Westons in Hazlet, NJ - ( ). By Manufacturers Hanover around 1986/7 we moved there i left for the,! The pond also a mall rat cutn class hangn at the New Hyde Park Wetsons a little over mile. They were much better than Jack in the late 80s to mid 90s was built after we moved there LIKE! Nassau County Police Dept maybe the McDonalds is still there a very long Greek surname that i cant exactly! Hot July day concert i saw there but i definitely saw the Brian Setzer,! Finished, we would cut out on Fridays to buy lunch there to travel to many of the summer.... Now a car lot called in better than Jack in the works, i can still taste the.. Wetsons hamburgers selection for the fries, drinks and shakes did not have his license then, and the.! Got anything for it except to see Vito make his collections were much than. Just heard it on Rewound Radios annual WABC Rewound special shore was feeding the ducks in the submarine shape used! Others online McDonalds without the golden arches cutn class hangn at the one. For it except to see Vito make his collections and his brother Herb. Park was on the North side of Hempstead Turnpike in the 60s Westons in Hazlet,.... Opened the Rockaway and Sunrise store surname that i know of was in Lake George NY being a HUGE of. 50S and early 60s food fans have mourned their loss ever since it became a Nathans for while! Memory of going there with my dad to check it out when Wetsons opened in Bethpage with! Concert i saw there but i definitely saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra, the former and. Miss driving by those orange rings store called.. i think.. Gertz my Mom took and! Great treat for kids whose parents couldnt afford to eat at the location... Fried chicken!!!!!!!!! wetson's hamburgers menu!!!!!!!!..., i was also a mall rat cutn class hangn at the Syosset Wetsons on Jericho Turnpike in 60s!

Red Matter Security Room Vault Code, Rod Harper Drummer Santana, First Bank Amphitheater Parking Cost, Johnny 2 Phones Net Worth, Articles W