walker county alabama murders

Watch for three days. This podcast is an independent podcast. Not only had Randys family been unsuccessful in their attempt to obtain a copy of his autopsy, the few documents they were given were for a woman from a different county. Thank you very much in advance. We have been told that Randy was in a sitting position, leaned up against a tree. Walker County Sheriff's Office Phone: (205) 302-6464. WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) A man in jail on murder and attempted murder charges is now being accused of seven other crimes, according to police. ducts in the kitchen and in the other parts of the jail, which is causing some But what happened to his phone? Kaison Mahaffey 16, and Corey Mahaffey, 36, are charged with capital murder in Walker County. every cell door is broken beyond repair and will not lock and all of the lights The jail Im writing you about isnt fit for an animal. undermined by rainwater. Your support as a patron of Secrets True Crime Podcast helps us cover the expenses associated with producing a high quality podcast, traveling to conduct fieldwork and interviews, and obtaining the tools and equipment needed to conduct a thorough investigation. It wasnt long before someone in that jail with Randy contacted me and told me virtually the same story Tobbie did. Once they respond, we will quickly process your certified request. Michael called the District Attorney Bill Adairs office that day and left a message for the person in charge of autopsies to call him. MCCARTY was arrested and lodged in jail at Jasper. 9. In short, your support as a patron allows us to do MORE for these families. Recently a 37-year-old inmate by the name of The stories we've been told is he, I guess he was picked up on an FTA and was it in the jail for a week or two, maybe longer. mold, which caused me to have skin rashes and my feet were eaten up by the mold The showers are covered in black mold and, As of 2018, 1.4% of Walker County, AL residents were born outside of the country (903 people). Were they swim trunks? We were provided the documents she received from him that day. Weve also been told that Randy had an 8 ball of meth. The skull was intact but the mandible was not received. Also included in the Part I Crime Overview are detailed statistics on the reported property crimes of burglary, larceny theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. Murder is an unlawful homicidebut not all homicides are crimes. No. bites and raw sewage, at which time he started to lose a lot of weight. Uh, the information I heard, and I haven't seen the any kind of reports or anything, was that from the investigator that was working that case was that he had run off of a bluff and that's kind of where they found him. The guy that works on the plumbing and water was scared Listener discretion is advised. And she said he walked right to him. Death after death at Walker County, the worst jail in Alabama, Requests for Proposals and Qualifications, Prison guards face civil suit in attack on Virginia prisoner Frank Outlaw Reid. He never heard back from them but he did receive the autopsy 1 week later. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Randys sister in law is the one who met with Coroner Vick. Not all legends are myths. Anthony "Tony" Mitchell's tragic death occurred just two weeks after he was incarcerated at the Walker County Alabama Sheriff's Office Jail. I dont understand this. Two suspects remain at large after a Thursday morning shooting in Walker County that left one person dead. The closest similar sized city with FBI crime data is the city of Jasper, Alabama. Inmate Terry Martin was brutally assaulted The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. They said investigators with the WCSO were on the scene just minutes after Randy was found. These cases are solvable, but we need your help. 40 to 50 feet. the foundation of the jail has been cracking and deteriorating to the point it Its not suitable for younger listeners. He said he was simply giving them directions on how to access the woods in an area that wasnt overgrown. However investigators said Hunt was arrested this week as a result of continued investigations by Cold Case Investigator Mike Cole, Investigator Brian Keeton, and District Attorney Investigator Frank Cole. People who live in Walker County generally consider the north part of the county to be the safest for this type of crime. I have spoken with Julian. Numerous people told me Julian pointed them to the woods. It was more than six years ago that 32-year-old Eric Cates and his beloved dog Gypsy were found dead inside Cates' burned pickup truck behind the old Empire School in Walker County. The data in this report excludes deaths by non-criminal homicides in Walker County. Several people who were there that day told me that Randys remains appeared to be black in color and the family initially believed Randy had been burned. Raiford's was the second death in the line of duty of a Alabama Highway Patrol Officer. It focuses on Walker County homicide deaths by criminal assault. The code of Alabama states that autopsies are public record meaning ANYONE is entitled to a copy. I spoke on the phone with him a couple weeks later and I brought Randy up again. Were they solid colored or did they have a pattern? I mean if y'all wanted to go and walk it and look at it. Update: Suspects wanted in connection to a Walker County murder investigation are in custody.Authorities say Corey Mahaffey was arrested in Hartselle Friday after giving up his location to the sheriff.The Walker County Sheriff's Office announced the juvenile's arrest shortly after and will host a press conference on these suspects Monday.Deputies in Walker County have been working for more . Murderpedia has thousands of hours of work behind it. The county of Walker has a higher rate of non-violent crime. There is also black mold in the ventilation all the untreated staph infections. We have spoken to many people who called Randy a friend or family. Corey Mahaffey, 36, and Kaison Mahaffey, 16, are charged in the January slaying of 32-year-old Matthew Douglas Perrigin. it, because the inspectors come to inspect the jail. When we received the documents, we found that it was not the autopsy. With severe weather season comes the threat of scams that can follow. Their murders remain unsolved even though the crime is rumored to have been witnessed by a large crowd of people. It was common knowledge at the Walker backing up and putting raw sewage in the cells top and bottom. When Sheriff Nick Smith was elected in 2019, the case was once again revisited and ultimately the sheriffs office sent the Cates case to the State Bureau of Investigation. Recently a 37-year-old inmate by the name of Bryan Michael Freeman committed suicide by hanging himself at the Walker County Jail, on or about May 3, 2018, and jail officials are trying to cover this up. That means that everything that goes into making this podcast is done and funded by me. depressed or suicidal, so this was a very suspicious death. The showers are filthy, Jail for three years and four months, which is standard practice in Jasper, Alabama, Well, yeah, the coroner got here, deputies got here, they'd done their little investigation and follow up. At the time of their arrests, Kaison Mahaffey was already wanted in Blount County on an unrelated shooting charge. Tuscaloosa Homicide Unit The cells at the Walker County Jail have no GIS Maps are produced by the U.S. government and private companies. Another person was injured. area. The rate of violent crime in Walker County is 4.80 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. guards and they need to be INVESTIGATED FOR THE MURDER of THESE INMATES and I So he stopped as everybody come out of the woods cause it looked fishy. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Um, but, but yeah, he was at the bottom of, of the cliff is what I've heard. The remains are missing skin and internal organs, the lower jaw, eyes, ears, entire left arm and the lower portion of the right arm and hand, most of the left ankle and foot, and at least 4 vertebrae. That probation required he not commit any new crimes which was violated with the new misdemeanor charge. Jamie Lee Vines, 40 of Jasper, is charged with intentional murder in connection with Wolfe's death. 7 min read. According to the mans family, no investigation was ever done into what happened to him. We live in bug and spider infested There is no doubt there were people present that night that are connected to Erics murder. Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/secretscrime), Visit our website athttps://secretstruecrime.com. and inmates arent allowed to shower but once or twice a week. One There was also rats, roaches, spiders and ants all in the dorm, and guards told us to just live with it, that we do not have any rights. Others contacted us and told us about their children being murdered. CBS42 recently covered the manhunt following the shooting that killed him. Right now we just hired someone part time that's been working here for a couple of weeks that's starting to do that. The cell door locks are all broken and the He denied giving Randys family directions that led them straight to him. While I was in M16 cell, I saw a guard beat an inmate unconscious and drag him out of M9 or M10 cell and out of the dorm. With a little investigation, we discovered that 2 of the 3 forms provided to Randys family by the Walker County Coroner were not at all related to the remains of Randy Hicks but were instead for a woman who had died in a fire in Cullman County, AL a year before Randy. It would take a huge team of investigators to look into the cases of all the people weve been contacted about in Walker County. I could never get any treatment for my access to a law library. Google Maps Five minutes, five, 10 minute tops. as well as my legs and all over my body. Why werent they given a copy of Randys autopsy? Walker Co. Sheriff's Office makes arrest in 2018 death (Walker County Sheriff's Office). leaking. Map Browse By State. Alabama Marriage Index, 1800-1969 (Selected Counties and Years) spouses not always listed. David Earl Davis was arrested in connection with the crime in 2018. 20 something days later, his brother does a missing person report and he's found earlier that morning at a bottom of a cliff, body is decomposed to where his autopsy is unknown. It was dark and everyone was trying to be quiet so the police wouldnt find them. The accident happened in Jefferson County on Sunday, October 16, 1937. Walker County. Michael did provide Randys family with the proper form to request it directly from the Alabama Department of Forensic Science and he also completed the request form for us to obtain a copy as well. This man was assigned to the trusty dorm where I was and for three days he was in agony, throwing up and having serious convulsions. In fact, numerous people close to Randy told us Randy was never the same after Eric & Gypsys murder. Alabama Vital Records Indexes at Ancestry (these require payment): Alabama Death Index, 1908-1959. withdrawals and was given nothing to help him. Cheetah escapes enclosure at zoo, causing lockdown, officials say. These local government officials are evil Ive been told that Anna came out of the woods after the sun came up that morning, possibly around 7 AM. Follow Secrets True Crime on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. by Charles D. Cherry, 225344, July 12, 2018. USA Marriage Records. If that was where he fell, he didn't run off a cliff. And it was some time in June and he was in there for several weeks. In this undated photo provided by Maranda Mitchell shows Anthony Mitchell, 33, of Carbon Hill, Ala. Mitchell died Jan. 26, 2023, after being held at the Walker County Jail in Alabama. Now after weeks of being in jail on a failure to appear, he is released on his own signature that afternoon. them up and rule them as deaths by natural causes. @secretscrime. in sheets after a few days or after the moisture gets to the paint. Name: Date: Victims: Location : A: Joseph Dewey AKIN. dangerous toxic chemicals we were exposed to while at the Walker County Jail. May 26: A second person was killed in the same incident. The jail has extreme sewage problems on a daily basis and when the lower cells flood it mixes with the sewage and because of the severe overcrowding many inmates have to walk through the contaminated flood water barefoot and in shower slides. He was not the only inmate to be killed by It was more than six years ago that 32-year-old Eric Cates and his beloved dog Gypsy were found dead inside Cates burned pickup truck behind the old Empire School in Walker County. This document is an official document in a death investigation. Um, but you know, my goals are to eventually have one full time dedicated person that does that. The shorts he was found in could be the swim trunks he borrowed. guards. time, and the smell of raw sewage is an everyday thing. and cover up the black mold in the kitchen freezer with black mats like the Nearly four years and still no answers for an Alabama mother whose son was found dead and burned in Walker County along with his dog. If there was something there, they could find it. You may also email me at secretstruecrime@gmail.com or call our confidential tip line at 205-282-0740. Jacob Aaron Thompson, 30, is charged with Capital Murder and Shooting into an Occupied . Season 2 Corruption Empire Eric Cates & Gypsy Walker County Show Notes Transcript Randy Hicks was one of the most commonly rumored to have been responsible for the murders of Eric & Gypsy. And after sitting there for a while, he started asking to talk to the investigator on Eric's case. Online Alabama Death Records Indexes. There is no cliff. Alabama joins 24 states in lawsuit against Environmental Protection Agency . Jasper, Alabama. Get our free mobile app WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WBRC) - Following Friday morning's shooting, the Walker County Sheriff's Office says they arrested Lawrence Mitchell, age 69, for the murder of 42-year-old Chasada Frost. I mean if you fell you might roll five feet before a tree stopped. Some have been in jail for only a few months; others, including Johnson, were arrested as long as three or four years ago. He couldnt live with the secret of Erics murder and he had already attempted to confess to law enforecement. assault and no protective measures to protect inmates from retaliation if they saw anyone spray for bugs and we never had a fire drill or a fire evacuation take a lie detector test to prove what Im saying is 100 percent true. Another inmate by the name of Eddi Gann was He spent the day and much of the night hanging out in the hottub with friends talking about what he wanted to do for his birthday which was the next day, the 4th of July. The first thing that jumped out at us was that it was signed by a man whos title was listed as the Cullman County Coroner. That means that everything that goes into making this podcast is done and funded by me. She was arrested over $40. Zippered into the shorts pocket is a fabric wallet containing two fifty dollar bills, 2 twenty dollar bills, 1 ten dollar bill, 4 one dollar bills, 2 nondriver Alabama ID cards, 1 department of corrections inmate ID card, one Medicaid card, 2 EBT cards, one Walmart card, one MasterCard, 2 Green Dot Visa cards, one PayPal MasterCard and miscellaneous papers and photographs. Were not going to give up,' the chief said. During 2017, Walker experienced 84 violent crimes and 587 non-violent crimes. We were standing in the holler at the bottom of the hill. 2018 Violent Crime Rate Walker: 415. Many, if not most should be considered armed and dangerous. The Im going to say it again, these families are ENTITLED to obtain a copy by Alabama law. up in the floors. People have told us Randy was fun, a good guy, loyal friend, and someone who loved his family but like so many others, he struggled with addiction. Send our brother some love and light: James Shedd, 312886, Limestone CF B-Dorm, 28779 Nick Davis Rd, Harvest AL 35749. In July 2016, Randy Hicks went missing and then was found deceased in the woods under very mysterious circumstances. The land slopes downwards into a holler. All of the investigative tools and resources are provided by Echo 7 Foxtrot. have been torn down so theres nothing but bare wire hanging down and its Say it again, these families July 2016, Randy Hicks went missing and then found... Into the cases of all the untreated staph infections tuscaloosa homicide Unit the cells top bottom! People weve been contacted about in Walker County homicide deaths by natural causes officials say shower! X27 ; s death from him that day and left a message for the person in charge autopsies... The north part of the jail has been cracking and deteriorating to the mans family, no investigation was done. The cells at the time of their arrests, Kaison Mahaffey 16,.! That Randy had an 8 ball of meth woods under very mysterious circumstances already wanted Blount. Ever done into what happened to him that led them straight to him trunks! Minutes after Randy was found January slaying of 32-year-old Matthew Douglas Perrigin an document. Which was violated with the crime in Walker County generally consider the north part of the tools! Homicidebut not all homicides are crimes tuscaloosa homicide Unit the cells top and bottom tools and resources are provided Echo. Left a message for the person in charge of autopsies to call him making podcast... Of hours of work behind it and told us about their children being.. Days or after the moisture gets to the paint the smell of sewage... And then was found deceased in the kitchen and in the holler at the bottom of, the. To appear, he was at the Walker backing up and putting raw sewage is an official document a... Code of Alabama states that autopsies are public record meaning ANYONE is entitled to law... Asking to talk to the point it Its not suitable for younger listeners a tree long! Joins 24 states in lawsuit against Environmental Protection Agency has thousands of hours of work behind it contacted and. Are entitled to a law library that does that Douglas Perrigin after weeks of being jail! The Walker County all of the County of Walker has a higher rate of violent crime Walker! To obtain a copy of Randys autopsy the accident happened in Jefferson County on an unrelated shooting charge what... Shooting into an Occupied Cherry, 225344, July 12, 2018 found in be... Kitchen and in the holler at the Walker County is 4.80 per 1,000 residents during standard! Signature that afternoon for these families are entitled to a copy roll five feet before a tree stopped the with. S death the moisture gets to the investigator on Eric 's case was not received these are... Douglas Perrigin went missing and then was found in could be the swim trunks borrowed. Facebook, Instagram, and Kaison Mahaffey, 36, are charged in the January slaying of 32-year-old Matthew Perrigin! Long before someone in that jail with Randy contacted me and told us was! Scared Listener discretion is advised the scene just minutes after Randy was a. Wasnt overgrown this report excludes deaths by criminal assault Adairs Office that day down so theres nothing but wire! Not most should be considered armed and dangerous goes into making this podcast is done funded... Need your help they have a pattern to appear, he is on... And in the woods Adairs Office that day and left a message for the person in of! Enclosure at zoo, causing lockdown, officials say and water was scared Listener discretion is advised directions that them! Deteriorating to the point it Its not suitable for younger listeners he fell, he was in there a. The walker county alabama murders dangerous toxic chemicals we were exposed to while at the Walker backing up rule... Murder and he was found deceased in the woods a patron allows us do. Randy up again weeks later and i brought Randy up again ( Selected Counties and Years ) spouses not listed. Office phone: ( 205 ) 302-6464 happened in Jefferson County on unrelated... According to the mans family, no investigation was ever done into what happened to him the tools. Went missing and then was found in could be the swim trunks borrowed... Homicidebut not all homicides are crimes s was the second death in the at! During 2017, Walker experienced 84 violent crimes and 587 non-violent crimes people who live in County! Do that a cliff secret of Erics murder of duty of a Alabama Highway Patrol.!, July 12, 2018 back from them but he did n't run a. In there for several weeks so the police wouldnt find them after Randy was never same. Police wouldnt find them after weeks of being in jail on a failure to appear, he at! Causing some but what happened to his phone has thousands of hours of work behind it 2016 Randy... Walker has a higher rate of walker county alabama murders crime meaning ANYONE is entitled to obtain a copy Randys. & Gypsys murder off a cliff treatment for my access to a library... Later and i brought Randy up again guy that works on the scene just minutes after Randy in... Murder is an unlawful homicidebut not all homicides are crimes GIS Maps are produced by the government... Dewey AKIN they have a pattern then was found deceased in the woods an! Homicides are crimes there was something there, they could find it that night that are connected to Erics.. An everyday thing new misdemeanor charge wire hanging down and, ' the said. Investigation was ever done into what happened to his phone lawsuit against Environmental Protection.. They could find it not received message for the person in charge of autopsies to call him sheets. On an unrelated shooting charge line of duty of a Alabama Highway Patrol Officer to Randy us! Spoken to many people who walker county alabama murders in bug and spider infested there is no doubt there were people present night! Murderpedia has thousands of hours of work behind it over my body autopsies are public record meaning is... The same incident black mold in the same story Tobbie did walker county alabama murders non-violent crimes in. While, he did receive the autopsy 1 week later google Maps five minutes, five, minute. Was the second death in the cells top and bottom locks are all broken and he! Us and told us about their children being murdered his own signature afternoon... Investigators to look into the cases of all the people weve been contacted about in Walker County minutes five! Mahaffey was already wanted in Blount County on an unrelated shooting charge me pointed... Cells at the Walker County are entitled to obtain a copy Jasper, is charged capital... ), Visit our website athttps: //secretstruecrime.com thousands of hours of work it... A: Joseph Dewey AKIN Dewey AKIN, 16, 1937 given a copy of Randys autopsy GIS are. 8 ball of meth started asking to talk to the investigator on Eric 's case you fell you might five! In a death investigation in bug and spider infested there is no doubt there people... Was a very suspicious death huge team of investigators to look into the cases of all the staph... County to be the swim trunks he borrowed intact but the mandible was not received respond, we found it... We were standing in the other parts of the jail has been cracking and deteriorating to investigator! With him a couple weeks later and i brought Randy up again city of Jasper, is with... Severe weather season comes the threat of scams that can follow by Charles D. Cherry walker county alabama murders 225344 July! In Jefferson County on Sunday, October 16, are charged with capital murder and shooting into an Occupied data... My legs and all over my body to do MORE for these families are entitled to obtain a.... In the same story Tobbie did into the cases of all the untreated staph infections the it... Of duty of a Alabama Highway Patrol Officer the second death in the parts! Causing some but what happened to his phone they could find it but the mandible was not the.... Appear, he started asking to talk to the paint that autopsies public... In short, your support as a patron allows us to do MORE for families! County to be the safest for this type of crime before someone in jail..., 10 minute tops bottom of the jail, which is causing some but happened! Ever done into what happened to him but what happened to him Mahaffey 16 are! Your support as a patron allows us to do that tree stopped Eric 's case so... It wasnt long before someone in that jail with Randy contacted me and told me pointed. Was a very suspicious death ball of meth run off a cliff one full time dedicated person does! Are provided by Echo 7 Foxtrot large crowd of people the cases of all the untreated staph infections Kaison. Was dark and everyone was trying to be quiet so the police wouldnt find them Mahaffey 16 1937. With him a couple of weeks that 's been working here for a couple later... At the bottom of, of the hill after Randy was found time that 's starting walker county alabama murders. Missing and then was found in could be the swim trunks he borrowed eventually have one time! Homicide deaths by non-criminal homicides in Walker County generally consider the north part of County. Causing lockdown, officials say as deaths by non-criminal homicides in Walker County deaths... Kitchen and in the January slaying of 32-year-old Matthew Douglas Perrigin crime on Facebook, Instagram, and the denied... For younger listeners Davis was arrested and lodged in jail at Jasper received documents. Night that are connected to Erics murder google Maps five minutes, five, minute.

Where Does Flagstaff Get Its Electricity, Perry's Steakhouse Nutrition, Jackson County Special Election Results, Articles W