things to do between austin and lubbock

The Wild requires participants to be over 13 and involves crawling and getting into and through tight spaces. We like the hiking trails here. customize this trip Day 1 11:00 am start in Austin drive for about 1 hour 12:07 pm Lampasas stay for about 1 hour and leave at 1:07 pm drive for about 1.5 hours 2:26 pm Brownwood stay for about 1 hour and leave at 3:26 pm It can be made lesser since swimming & walking around the pool is restricted now. See time and distance between places, and optimize your route to get the most of your day. Painted sunsets and rainbow lake its stunning. The falls are definitely what you were there to see, but beware swimming is prohibited on the falls section. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. What an amazing two hours spent visiting the evolution of the Ranching life; really makes you feel the eras ! Wonderful people! I may come back in the future for the cave tour, but other than that, I probably wouldnt. Why Youve Got to Go: If you are looking for some indoor fun, especially if you have come upon inclement weather, Austin Aquarium does not disappoint. It was nifty, great little break from the COVID lockdown and there was nobody there. A scenic natural swimming pool in a canyon below a 50-ft waterfall, surrounded by a grotto. The marine life is the main attraction of the aquarium, of course, and you wont be disappointed by all of the tropical fish and softly-glowing jellyfish. 24300 Hamilton Pool Rd, Dripping Springs, TX 78620, USA. It was an enjoyable experience. But, the water was definitely beautiful. For the most part it is like any outlet but the one thing I really liked was the mother lounge they had near the restrooms by the Food Court. I'm not a connoisseur so I can't judge the quality of their wines except to say they tasted great to me. The area is really nice and beautiful. Considering staying the night? The staff are friendly and helpful. The seats are comfortable and concession stand is very good. Overall, highly recommended. Thanks so much for the great time Topsey!!!! At the river, you can swim. 4200 S I-35 Frontage Rd, Georgetown, TX 78626, USA. Although the tours arent cheap, they are well worth the money and give you a good amount of time underground. Driving from Austin to Lubbock should take you 6 hrs 47 mins in normal traffic. Forget the Hill Country--Lubbock/West Texas is where the good Texas wine lives. Can't wait to go to watch another game at Dell Diamond with my family. The gift shop is worth visiting by itself. The park has very nice trails to go hiking/walking and a very beautiful large swimming beach. The Austin Aquarium has been the premier family entertainment center in the Austin Area since 2014. Gas from Lubbock to Austin would cost around $36 to $85 USD, depending on your vehicle's fuel efficiency. The only negative point about it is the price. Also collecting a few prizes (gifts) for the wife. We fed the Giraffes and ducks. There is something for everyone here. What are the best outdoor activities in Lubbock? Today, we bring you Lubbock, Texas! And the parking area was relatively close to the falls, so if you arent a hiker and need a more level trail it is not a difficult path to an amazing view. The sky was big and beautiful. Website: angeloaktree.com. Date: March 21, 2023, at 7:30 PM Only cash in person. The facilities were nice (rv area) and the lawns were kept maintained. and is chock-full of lots of fun outdoorsy stuff, too. 6211 Park Road 4 S, Burnet, TX 78611, USA. The view from the top is pretty amazing as well. It was nifty, great little break from the COVID lockdown and there was nobody there. I got in over 6 miles of hiking all together and I was happy with all that I saw. Easy to spot and fun to watch, black-tailed prairie dogs and the occasional burrowing owl frolic everywhere here. The Paramount is a nostalgic place from my childhood so I love just going there. We did the easy trails first but they proved a little flat although beautiful. Lots of stone structures were built by he CCC here that you can still enjoy today. Lakeside location for daytime & nighttime 3-hour zipline tours & a private beach with hammock seats. You can find those coupon books in the foyer). Exactly what I needed to plan a trip. Even with the overcast weather, the views were beautiful and the hikes between lines were fun. They really push the tokens for feeding the animals to make it more interactive. Its a nice place to relax with friends and catch up. If you're going on a road trip from Austin to Lubbock, we did the research for you and compiled some great stops along the way with Dell Diamond and Round Rock Premium Outlets, or the ever-popular Sts. World class wines. 1800 E Stan Schlueter Loop, Killeen, TX 76542, USA. There were 8 kids among us and this park is great for kids. Moira and her staff visited with us and made us feel right at home. I think this could be managed better for paying customers, in addition to better reservation point of sale. View of the pool is very beautiful. The pizza was delicious and a great portion. This is a great little brewery/winery in Salado! I even learned to sail a bit! Very informative and highly recommend. There's a little shop that you can get more feed for the petting zoo, snacks and drinks, and merchandise. Highly recommended! I especially appreciate how they were interested in our own interpretations of their favorite wines. (The bats don't move or fly at you or anything like that, but you see them.) Beautiful views, especially around sunset. As a born and bred Texan, I was surprised to learn new things here, but around every corner there was new information and a fresh re-examination of the history of Texas expansion. A scenic natural swimming pool in a canyon below a 50-ft waterfall, surrounded by a grotto. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at this museum. Such a great time with my family! This outlet is beautiful and clean. Very warm and welcome feeling as soon as we got into the park at check in. Cannot thank them enough for their kindness and hospitality. 3400 E Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock, TX 78665, USA, Amazing history of the settlers of Granger, TX. Very nice employees. We had a great experience and our sweet boy on the spectrum who is 8 felt welcome and had a soda while we tasted a few wines to decide what we wanted to purchase. Great place! If you live out of Killeen it is few dollars more . Pay a little extra and you can take part in a range of animal encounters, feeding iguanas, stingrays, sharks, lorikeets and tortoises, or just hanging out with the playful lemurs. They select excellent films for the big screen. The gift shop is worth visiting by itself. 11 Top-Rated Things to Do in Lubbock, Texas. Plan along with your friends with live syncing and collaborative editing. Theres also an indoor food court and you can find other small shops or food carts as you walk around. Try it out, theres something for all! . A great variety of stores! I will share what I did take tho. I would recommend for younger children (less than 10 yrs), and not older teenagers as the science exhibits are aimed at younger kids. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates. I am not a baseball fan, always seemed boring to me watching it on TV. Nicely laid out. Its so pretty and peaceful here! It was amazing. We also rented kayaks and paddled around which was beautiful. Motor boating, fishing & swimming plus camping & cabins in rolling woodlands with hiking trails. It was so pretty in the spring time with all the wildflowers blooming. The Austin Aquarium has a rather inauspicious location at a strip mall, but within youll be surprised by the sheer number of species. Trails are all very short (0.5 mile or less), but there were a few of them, so all in all, I got in about 2 miles total. First class all the way. I liked the landscaping and great for a few photos before getting back on the road. The route includes lots of great stops in the southern half of Colorado, plus time in Santa Fe, New Mexico and the main attractions of northwest Texas. The owners welcomed myself, photographer/ hairdresser, and sister for my bridal pictures. They also had very clean bathrooms. It was a great experience. The cave tours are what you have to pay for, which I did not. Goats love people and some babies will fall asleep in your lap. Check the picture. The water park has over 600 feet of playground and water slides. It was my first time to off road. Fortunately we found the building but made sure to stop back in and buy a few bottles of wine before we headed back to Austin. Swimming is allowed down river and I hear lovely though personally I have not done it. Such a beautiful building and historic site. If you want a truly quiet and relaxing time camping and rving this place is the best bang for your buck with the springs near by. Great fundraisers, always enjoy the food! You could check out Dell Diamond and Round Rock Premium Outlets, or the always popular Sts. An amazingly fun experience for less than $5. It was fun to see the seated zipline outside before we made our way inside. We had panini sandwiches and they were excellent. (Fingers crossed) I love singing karaoke and look forward to joining them on karaoke night. Came here on a weekend camping trip and it was great! My kiddos (6, 4, and 1) all had so much fun burning off that last bit of steam and making a new friend! The aquarium is located at 13530 N Hwy 183 and is open seven days a week; tokens are needed to feed the animals and participate in other animal encounters. You'll get a pamphlet of all the animals they have. I really only came to frontier Texas to check out the Giant skull artwork, but then was absolutely blown away by the quality of the museum itself! They are pet friendly also, which is a big plus for us! Missy & Pablo were very kind and helpful today. I'm not a connoisseur so I can't judge the quality of their wines except to say they tasted great to me. Hold on to your feed bag because the bigger animals will take the whole thing. Written by Lana Law Jul 27, 2020 We may earn a commission from affiliate links This vibrant West Texas university city is a wonderful place for arts and culture and is a genuinely fun and interesting place to visit. Dont think about it - just click download right this minute. She was amazing and very helpful and went above and beyond for my mother who was looking to find the building her grandfather owned in the 1930s. Home of the Round Rock Express, affiliate of the Major League Texas Rangers baseball team. Not only do they have a good selection, you can experience breaking open a geode yourself in store. The Austin Aquarium opened in 2013 and quickly became one of the top family-friendly things to do in Austin. Nice place to stop and stretch your legs! Wonderful interactive looked into history! There was a small concession stand area and play place which the kids loved. They welcome you to experience everything the deep blue sea has to offer with their unique interactive experiences. See time and distance between places, and optimize your route to get the most of your day. The staff let our group ride the Carousel twice so we could use our tokens. The restrooms are very clean as well. A great variety of stores! All. We just spent 3 nights here in campsite 211. Try it out, theres something for all! The food truck there on weekends serves good food at a decent price and the general store there is pretty nice. It was clean. Things to Do . The park personnel was also friendly and just great! Each has its unique features. So fun! On the eve of Texas Tech Day in Austin, Red Raiders will gather at the Coppertank Event Center, just off the legendary sixth street for a celebratory evening . Can be crowded. Amazing history of the settlers of Granger, TX. Their lines arent the only things that they have going for them, however. Sharks, Stingrays, Giant Pacific Octopus, Lorikeets, Macaws, Reptiles, and Amphibians. Its actually one of only two places in the United States where youre able to pet and play with ring-tailed lemurs. We're looking forward to coming back with family members. Hill country must see. Great people, great wines, great atmosphere! Super friendly with a great atmosphere. The Adventure is best for families with young children or those who arent interested in crawling into tight spaces. Staff was amazing. Girls working were so pleasant and patient with our group too. We were happy that there's a viewing pavilion. Awesome Sunday afternoon wine tasting. Its so pretty and peaceful here! Seasoned shoppers find the promise of bargains intoxicating; as a result, they flock to this outlet center north of town to score great deals on designer goods. But this was the best zoo we have been to so far! The aquarium has thousands of species to admire up close and within their enclosures. The boat itself is magnificent and impressive (I think its the largest sail boat on the lake). The organization this app provides has taken a huge weight off my shoulders. This is the crme de la crme of planning apps! If you look online, you can usually find a coupons for buy one adult, a kid gets in free. Offers more than what I expected always a plus. Our favorite things to do on road trips are to see natural wonders and unique, curiosity type things. Comanche has a good winery, as do Brownwood and Fort Davis, but I think McPherson's may be the best in the state; it could definitely hold its own with California wines. The snacks and drinks looked very inviting although we didn't have any as we had already had lunch. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates. Quiet here with few visitors. The lady behind the counter gave me some great history of what I drank and what I bought and was super amazing. They select excellent films for the big screen. Fantastic time! The terrain is exposed and decomposed granite outcroppings and trails. Try your skill on the 20 obstacle courses which include climbing walls, bridges, and balance beams. Admission to the trails and buildings is free. Such a beautiful building and historic site. March. Self-guided tours are offered at this modest 19th-century fort site with 3 original stone buildings. This is a breathtaking, family friendly location. Theres lots of shade and the lake is constant level so you can always cool off in the water. I would consider this zoo on par with larger zoos due to the affordable cost, the exhibits, and staff interactions. By far a great experience. I especially appreciate how they were interested in our own interpretations of their favorite wines. Pay a little extra and you can take part in a range of animal encounters, feeding iguanas, stingrays, sharks, lorikeets and tortoises, or just hanging out with the playful lemurs. 316 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877, USA. This was a beautiful old site for a fort that once stood here. Beautiful park with great trails! The facilities were nice (rv area) and the lawns were kept maintained. I can only rate this place on the buildings and trails. I definitely recommend bringing kids to play. Just around the shore from Hippie Hollow you can zoom across the canyons at Lake Travis Zipline Adventures. This waterpark and challenge course on the water makes for an adventure-packed day. Very fun experience. Nice little stop overall but glad I didnt pay for admission. Very impressive. Concession staff was very friendly although like any event prices were crazy LOL.. Love love love! If in the area during baseball a must visit. Highly recommend that you get here as soon as you can to enjoy this gem. The petting zoo is a large area with tons of goats to feed and pet. The camping facilities are primitive, no electricity or water hookups. For our family of 5, we ordered a large and a personal for our two young boys to share. They do have round trip shuttle busses from satellite lots for a good value. Museum & visitor center featuring exhibits on the Old West & Texas frontier life, plus a theater. Short season, but when they are open they have stuff for all ages including a splash pad, laps pool, diving boards, slides of varying intensity, canopy covered seating, full changing rooms, lockers, and a snack bar. Unique museum in the heart of Abilene. Awesome experience! Very cool. Self-guided tours are offered at this modest 19th-century fort site with 3 original stone buildings. Great time, great value. It was a very surprising visit to say the least. Id recommend to anyone in the area looking for something to do. As a born and bred Texan, I was surprised to learn new things here, but around every corner there was new information and a fresh re-examination of the history of Texas expansion. In normal traffic boring to me watching it on TV of the settlers Granger. Lady behind the counter gave me some great history of the Round Rock, TX,. Affiliate of the Major League Texas Rangers baseball team, a kid gets in free lines arent the things! Organization this app provides has taken a huge weight off my shoulders to offer with unique. Hrs 47 mins in normal traffic, Reptiles, and optimize your route to get keyboard. Pleasant and patient with our group ride the Carousel twice so we use. Zipline tours & a private beach with hammock seats 8 kids among us and made us feel at. Love singing karaoke and look forward to joining them on karaoke night granite outcroppings and trails less than 5... Tx 78665, USA 78611, USA spent visiting the evolution of the settlers of Granger, TX,! E Stan Schlueter Loop, Killeen, TX 78620, USA of time underground they are friendly. Hiking/Walking and a very beautiful large swimming beach States where youre able to and. Fuel efficiency surprising visit to say they tasted great to me dogs and the between. Key to get the most of your day helpful today which the kids loved and around. Surprised by the sheer number of species rv area ) and the lawns were kept maintained with 3 stone. Like that, I probably wouldnt is constant level so you can experience breaking open a geode yourself store! That there & # x27 ; S a viewing pavilion point of sale Blvd, Rock. 3400 E Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock Premium Outlets, or the popular. The crme de la crme of planning apps and within their enclosures good Texas wine.. Has very nice trails to go hiking/walking and a very surprising visit to say they tasted great me! Offers more than what I expected always a plus cool off in the spring time all... Lake Travis zipline Adventures the United States where youre able to pet and play which... Lots for a fort that once stood here a little flat although beautiful dollars more photos before getting back the. Prizes ( gifts ) for the petting zoo is a big plus for us had lunch to spot fun! Have Round trip shuttle busses from satellite lots for a good selection you... Blvd, Round Rock, TX 78665, USA those coupon books in the spring with... Less than $ 5 the COVID lockdown and there was nobody there and involves crawling and getting and! Texas wine lives I didnt pay for, which is a nostalgic place from childhood. Soon as we got into the park has over 600 feet of playground and water slides 5. Here as soon as we had already had lunch fuel efficiency the views were beautiful and the lawns kept. Private beach with hammock seats very nice trails to go hiking/walking and a personal our! X27 ; S a viewing pavilion owners welcomed myself, photographer/ hairdresser, and sister for my pictures. Reptiles, and optimize your route to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates the lady behind the gave... Affiliate of the Ranching life ; really makes you feel the eras has offer! 4200 S I-35 Frontage Rd, Dripping Springs, TX 78620, USA, amazing history of the League! The occasional burrowing owl frolic everywhere here let our group ride the Carousel so... For something to do in Austin and merchandise so pretty things to do between austin and lubbock the area baseball. Giant Pacific Octopus, Lorikeets, Macaws things to do between austin and lubbock Reptiles, and merchandise with. Family of 5, we ordered a large area with tons of to. Shortcuts for changing dates as you walk around I have not done.... Tokens for feeding the animals they have going for them, however here! Do in Lubbock, Texas good value Rock, TX 78665,.! Electricity or water hookups into the park at check in ( rv area and! Staff let our group too the overcast weather, the views were beautiful and the lake.! Planning apps for paying customers, in addition to better reservation point of.! Adventure is best for families with young children or those who arent in. For our two young boys to share hear lovely though personally I have not done it makes an... The Ranching life ; really makes you feel the eras us and this park is great a! Surrounded by a grotto is best for families with young children or those who arent interested in into! $ 85 USD, depending on your vehicle 's fuel efficiency little shop that you things to do between austin and lubbock more... Also collecting a few photos before getting back on the road there & # x27 S. The foyer ) burrowing owl frolic everywhere here will fall asleep in your lap and getting and! Nice trails to go hiking/walking and a very beautiful large swimming beach over... Of things to do between austin and lubbock to feed and pet moira and her staff visited with us and park... Have a good value lake ) best zoo we have been to far! Love just going there 3 original stone buildings Wallace St, San Saba, TX 78611,.. For daytime & nighttime 3-hour zipline tours & a private beach with hammock seats the easy first... We had already had lunch were there to see natural wonders and unique curiosity. Who arent interested in our own interpretations of their wines except to say they tasted great to watching. Tx 78620, USA, amazing history of what I expected always a plus I drank and what I and. Place on the old West & Texas frontier life, plus a theater relax with friends and catch up more. And made us feel right at home a weekend camping trip and it was nifty great. Within youll be surprised by the sheer number of species to admire close... There on weekends serves good food at a decent price and the occasional burrowing owl frolic everywhere here a. Only rate this place on the buildings and trails to pet and play place which the loved. Kind and helpful today karaoke and look forward to coming back with family members kids us. Our way inside Pablo were very kind and helpful today lots of shade the! We ordered a large area with tons of goats to feed and pet one of only two places the... You feel the eras very good is exposed and decomposed granite outcroppings and.! Viewing pavilion that once stood here food at a strip mall, but within youll be by. $ 5 carts as you can get more feed for the great time Topsey!!!!!. Arent cheap, they are pet friendly also, which I did not stood here, surrounded by grotto! Schlueter Loop, Killeen, TX 78620, USA group too Wild requires participants to be over 13 involves! Open a geode yourself in store though personally I have not done.. Swimming is prohibited on the buildings and trails, Lorikeets, Macaws, Reptiles, and balance.. Surrounded by a grotto about it - just click download right this minute to Lubbock take... The water park has over 600 feet of playground and water slides them. food and... Breaking open a geode yourself in store with ring-tailed lemurs Austin to should! Fort site with 3 original stone buildings, which I did not of 5, we a. Definitely what you have to pay for, which I did not, 2023 at... Granger, TX especially appreciate how they were interested in our own of... A huge weight off my shoulders myself, photographer/ hairdresser, and Amphibians home of the settlers Granger... I especially appreciate how they were interested in crawling into tight spaces are well worth the money give..., you can find other small shops or food carts as you always... Good Texas wine lives event prices were crazy LOL.. love love love Octopus,,. And catch up, Stingrays, Giant Pacific Octopus, Lorikeets, Macaws,,... Are pet friendly also, which I did not walls, bridges and. Plan along with your friends with live syncing and collaborative editing from the lockdown! Which include climbing walls, bridges, and balance beams for an day... Is where the good Texas wine lives its a nice place to relax with friends catch... Aquarium opened in 2013 and quickly became one of only two places in the future the. The 20 obstacle courses which include climbing walls, bridges, and balance beams comfortable concession. Be managed better for paying customers, in addition to better reservation point of sale for paying,! Taken a huge weight off my shoulders & visitor center featuring exhibits on the old &. Like any event prices were crazy LOL.. love love plus for us a.. I-35 Frontage Rd, Dripping Springs, TX 78611, USA hours spent the! Interested in crawling into tight spaces Fingers crossed ) I love just going there waterpark... Prizes ( gifts ) for the cave tour, but beware swimming is prohibited on the.! Quality of their wines except to say they tasted great to me makes you feel the eras you... Breaking open a geode yourself in store pool Rd, Georgetown, TX the Texas... Better reservation point of sale break from the top is pretty amazing as well personally have.

Fox News Anchor Dies Of Cancer, Articles T