stalking laura soundtrack

Richard Thomas is brilliantly convincing as the psychopathic, unstable Richard Farley (though he looks nothing like the real Richard Farley). Why? Reviewed in the United States on June 14, 2022, Chillingly accurate TV movie of a true event, Reviewed in the United States on May 10, 2008. this was not a bad movie at all and i have to say,having been a fan of Brooke shields for years i think this was her first outing at actually being able to show her acting strength.she has just gotten better and better but i was totally impressed with her performance.the movie itself can slow in parts a little bit the last half hour certainly makes up for it.i did not expect such an entertaining finale from a t.v movie.although Richard Thomas did a great job,this is Brooke's film as her screen time shows and she made the most of it.the only let down with the film are the co-stars .the look of them and their acting abilities are woeful and you wonder how they got their jobs-all except for Laura Blacks flatmate that is,who does a fair job. Stalking Laura (1993) Directed by Michael Switzer Genres - Drama | Sub-Genres - Melodrama | Release Date - Feb 9, 1993 (USA - Unknown) | Run Time - 94 min. Laura Black (Brooke Shields) gets the career opportunity of a lifetime to work for a large computer engineering company in Silicon Valley. For those who remember Thomas as 'John-Boy' on 'The Waltons', his performance will shatter that wholesome image. Inside Edition of CA mass murderer Richard Farley stalking Laura Black and killing 7 people Junior OG 12K views 10 months ago Human Bomb (1998) Jurgen Prochnow | Patsy Kensit - True Crime HD. The film is based on the real-life story of . STALKING LAURA, a true story about one man's increasing obsession with a work colleague which leads to eventual tragedy, is an astonishingly good film and quite possibly one of my favourite made-for-TV movies of all time. Richard Farley finds out EVERY detail of Laura's life, right down to the locations of her parents & sisters, then threatens to harm them should Laura continue to ignore him. Crime Drama Horror A beautiful young computer technician starting off her career in Silicon Valley during the 1980s is stalked and harassed by a nerdy, dangerous, mentally-unstable colleague with a twisted obsession. Richard Thomas gives a terrific performance in the kind of movie we've seen millions of times, even as true stories. Richard continues his rampage, at one point executing one of his surviving victims, unknowingly shoots Chris (who rescued a previous victim after running in while everyone else as running out) through a wall, but also permitting his former landlady Nancy to leave the building unharmed. Brooke Shields is quite effective as Laura Black, the new computer engineer working at Farley's firm who fights back against his relentless harassment. And too often, that is how things are still handled. A young woman gets the job of her dreams. Directors Michael Switzer Starring If this is incorrect, please contact us. Laura Black is a beautiful, self-confident graduate heading to Silicon Valley (although the scenery in the background looks more Eastern United States than Western), to be a successful computer engineer. Stalking Laura I Can Make You Love Me 1993 Laura Black (Shields) has just landed her first job at a California engineering firm where she meets co-worker Richard Farley (Thomas). Laura finally approaches KEI management to file a formal complaint; but management brushes it off. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Both of their reactions to the other are very believable. Oh my there's nothing freakier seeing the man who played the adult Bill from the 1990's film IT taking on the role of a pervy computer engineer! The actors who play Chris (her supervisor at KEI) and Lt. Grijalva (hostage negotiator) are also effective. Directed by Michael Switzer He is eventually fired from the company after Laura goes to Personnel about his unwanted attention and advances. Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! Laura and her roommate relocate to a new apartment, which is gated for added security. Enraged by the restraining order, Richard purchases numerous guns and over 2000 rounds of ammunition. What happens from there? Having seen it 14 years ago when it appeared on TV under the title of 'I Can Make You Love Me; The Stalking of Laura Black', and being haunted by how accurate it was, I was thrilled to see it again. Too bad it's not on video. Yet, the trees are bare, the sky is gray all the time, and everyone's wearing a heavy coat. I wouldn't recommend it to kids, but for adults it's highly entertaining. The actors who play Chris (her supervisor at KEI) and Lt. Grijalva (hostage negotiator) are also effective. She has to move to Northern California, but who cares? Then, saw this show's broadcast and have never forgotten what his true talent is. Richard later confronts Laura on her suspicions. You will have to watch to see!!! I Can Make You Love Me,[1] also known as Stalking Laura, is an American 1993 made-for-television psychological thriller film starring Richard Thomas and Brooke Shields. : He immediately becomes obsessed with Laura, even though she tells him she is not interested. And, maybe saved lives! 0:05. Did not like Richard Thomas's work (Waltons) at all. Laura was nice to him at first, but you can tell that his over the top friendliness and humor makes her uncomfortable. 1997-2023 Ravana, LLC All Rights Reserved Please try again. But she still refuses to date him. Staring Viveka Davis, Graham, Timothy, Richard Yniguez and Linda Emond. Why? 20 of 20 found this interesting | Share this Orders of $25.00 or more will be shipped our Standard Shipping option and the shipping is completely FREE. Laura, (Brook Shields), is an engineer who finds a job at a prestigious company. Brooke Shields looks gorgeous but her acting is rather too flat. Richard continues to make advances on Laura. This movie tells the story of how a man's four year obsession and stalking of a female employee ended in a tragic conclusion. Go directly to shout page. Would recommend. I like the plot and the perspective of the 2 main characters, although I would have handled it differently if I were the victim. Barbara Houston as Nancy Hammond, Richard's co-worker and landlady. When the class dismisses, Richard meets Laura in the parking lot and asks her out, but she politely refuses and informs him that their relationship is only professional. Richard later photographs Laura from the yard in front of her house, and uses the photos to doctor a picture of himself and Laura together. Soundrack Albums There are no soundtrack albums in our database for this title. He misses, so he blows out the building's front doors & enters]. Arrogant, pushy, and menacing though most of it, at the end, he effectively generates sympathy for his benevolent and suffering character On the outside looking in is indeed a lonely place. Just because she refused to go out with him, he sexually harassed Laura for 4 years and they were worried about his clearance! : On February 16, 1988 Richard Wade Farley shot dead seven people at the headquarters of the computer company where he had previously worked in Sunnyvale, California and injured four others. Would recommend watching this film, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 31, 2014. And the police actions seems so tentative, which is probably how it was done then. She is introduced to one of her coworkers, Richard Farley, (Richard "Stalking Laura" is a made-for-TV film based on a true story. No Rambo type violence, just a seemingly normal person who happens to be treating life like a video game. It has become my favorite, although I don't know why, unless it has to do with Brooke Shields. It even has its comedic moments. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Hours later, the police produce the food and drink, but Grijalva tells Richard that they do not have the proper means of getting it to him. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Reviewed in the United States on September 27, 2019. Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I_Can_Make_You_Love_Me&oldid=1142297053, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles needing additional references from July 2022, All articles needing additional references, Wikipedia articles with plot summary needing attention from January 2022, All Wikipedia articles with plot summary needing attention, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0. Interesting. Shes one of the few first women to land such a prominent and sought-after role. Richard acts like theyre in a relationship, and she clarifies that their relationship is professional. So, instead of being fired for sexual harassment, they put down job performance, and with a neutral reference, he easily gets another job. Despite these unanswered questions, the movie keeps you involved, all the way through. What about Laura's!?! Her coldness and his arrogance emanated from them in a way that just fit. Do you know any background info about this artist? She's a beautiful girl, but let's face it, she really can't act. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. That's life. But even THAT does not stop him - he continues his chilling pursuit of Laura by showing up in her garage, at her work, following her when she is dating another man, and, most chillingly - returns for a final time to KEI to carry out a horrifying massacre. Why? I like Brooke S. acting in this movie! A beautiful young computer technician starting off her career in Silicon Valley during the 1980s is stalked and harassed by a nerdy, dangerous, mentally-unstable colleague with a twisted obsession. Brooke Shields is adequate as the stalked girl. A beautiful young computer technician starting off her career in Silicon Valley during the 1980s is stalked and harassed by a nerdy, dangerous, mentally-unstable colleague with a twisted obsession. So in order for this poor woman to do her job in peace shed have to a) stop smiling and b) wear a paper bag over her head, I guess. Richard then threatens to go after Laura's sisters if Laura does not learn to accept that she "is meant for him." That is until Richard won't take the hint after being turned down multiple times, even going so far as to follow Laura to aerobics classes and eventually her home. She attracts the attention of a deranged coworker named Richard Farley, whose obsession with her soon becomes deadly. He just doesn't want to take "No" as an answer. Twenty-five years ago this month, Brooke Shields and Richard Thomas were in Topeka filming a movie, "I Can Make You Love Me," also known as "Stalking Laura.". Brooke Shields was good and too gorgeous for words. Probably one of the finest TV movies ever produced in the 1990s. Directed by Michael Switzer. Despite her objections, he continues to pursue her until things turn violent.Trailer: 2:41 MinutesFeature: 95 MinutesVisit our website: http://multicom.tv/Check out TheArchive for more shoes and movies: https://www.thearchive.tv/Download TheArchive app on Apple: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/thearchivetv/id1477667318Download TheArchive app on Roku: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/1c92c316cc56da9202ebe4566b73a417/the-archiveDownload TheArchive app on Amazon Fire: https://amzn.to/2Um7Czw Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. If someone is talking about company's doors they should have warned the company! Richard Thomas brilliantly plays the computer engineer Richard Farley (though he looks nothing like the real Richard Farley); cunning, fiendish and genuinely chilling. She doesnt lead him on, wants nothing to do with him. And the killing spree isn't too violent to the point where it would lose any momentum or meaning. He asks her out, she declines. Richard demands a sandwich and a beverage from the authorities while he considers surrendering. Good movie! Laura Black graduates with a degree in computer science and promptly lands a dream job in Silicon Valley. Reviewed in the United States on January 28, 2021. While hostage negotiator Lt. Grijalva speaks with Richard; Laura, although weakened due to loss of blood, makes her way through the ransacked offices. She reports him to HR and the HR lady blames Laura for Richards behavior. I Can Make You Love Me, also known as Stalking Laura, is an American made-for-television film starring Richard Thomas and Brooke Shields. You could call it "cat-and-mouse", but considering the words "cat" and "mouse", that term is probably putting it mildly, especially when you're referring to the last act of the film. He is later fired, though Laura is told it was because the quality of his work went down. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. Both Laura Black and Richard Farley are played to perfection. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. He blasts his way through the lobby and into the secure offices, shooting several employees and killing Glenda along the way. His obsession is done in very chilling detail and he plays that role very well. , Viveka Davis, John Durbin, Marj Dusay, Hollis Mc Carthy, Brooke Shields, Studio She has to move to Northern California, but who cares? This irks him, and so he becomes creepier and creepier with each passing day. Director Bethany Rooney Writer Kathleen Rowell Stars Candace Cameron Bure Mark-Paul Gosselaar Jenna von O See production, box office & company info Watch on Freevee Watch Free on Freevee More watch options Add to Watchlist Added by 3.8K users 18 User reviews It absolutely comes across that way, but the movie makes no mention of an age difference between these two characters. Especially Richard Thomas who can play a good guy and in this case a psychopath very well. I didn't like her comment about Laura's smile! I first saw this little gem in 1994 when it came out on TV. Laura Black (Brooke Shields) gets the career opportunity of a lifetime to work for a large computer engineering company in Silicon Valley. Richard bursts into Laura's office, shooting her in the left shoulder and leaving her for dead, though she is only unconscious. By what name was Stalking Laura (1993) officially released in Canada in English? These characters live in Sunnyvale, California. The actors had a the right kind of chemistry to suit the kind of twisted "relationship" that they had. The movie is based on fact-you can look it up on the net. It is quite scary how little you can do if someone is stalking you and it is fascinating how stalkers can warp simple actions into a relationship. But it was fairly believable. Laura Black lands a big tech job in Silicone Valley only to be pursued by one of the company engineers played excellently by Richard Thomas as "Richard Farley." However, management instructs Richard to leave her alone at work, which he skirts by enrolling in the same non-work aerobics class as Laura. Laura Black graduates with a degree in computer science and promptly lands a dream job in Silicon Valley. Laura Black lands a big tech job in Silicone Valley only to be pursued by one of the Richard Thomas best known as "John Boy" from The Walton's is psychotic stalking Brooke Shield's character "Laura Black" in this movie. Seemingly unconcerned by the carnage he has caused, Richard asks Grijalva if he thinks Laura will remember all this. Also known as I Can Make You Love Me, Fatal Proposal and The Stalking of Laura Black, this stars a young Brooke Shields as Laura B. AboutPressCopyrightContact. He takes it from being just an annoying pest through the stalker stage, into the full blown maniac stage. I found this little gem after a lot of searching on various sites. Can you help us out? Gripping and Frustrating - Great thriller/tension, Reviewed in the United States on September 10, 2019. Laura Black, a young and ambitious intern from Virginia, accepts a job at Kensitron Electronics International (KEI) in Silicon Valley, California. Richard also becomes offended when he notices Laura and Glenda looking toward him laughing. For those who remember Thomas as 'John-Boy' on 'The Waltons', his performance will shatter that wholesome image. In real life, Thomas is 14 years older than Brooke. Why this? Add an image, Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. He is eventually fired from the company after Laura goes to Personnel about his unwanted attention and advances. He just doesn't want to take "No" as an answer. Both Laura Black and Richard Farley are played to perfection. When I first saw the movie, I was completely shocked! In fact, the story this movie revolves around pioneered the anti-stalking law in California and likely inspired other states to do the same. On the face of it, it looks like every other TV-movie ever made: matter of fact, routine, bogged down with the 'true story' hook. Laura reports the incident to KEI management, and Richard declares that he will kill anyone who attempts to interfere with his "private relationships." The actors had a the right kind of chemistry to suit the kind of twisted "relationship" that they had. None Skip to contentAccessibility Survey Menu Deals Support & Services Brands Featured Shop by Department Deals Top Deals Deal of the Day Totaltech Member Offers Gift Ideas Best Buy Outlet 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Reviewed in the United States on September 27, 2019. On her first day at the office, Richard is waiting at her new work station with fresh-baked blueberry bread to show his affections. Stalking Laura (286) 1 h 35 min 1993 X-Ray 18+ Now presented from the stunning 4K restoration, Laura Black begins her promising career in Silicon Valley during the '80s. A beautiful young computer technician starting off her career in Silicon Valley during the 1980s is stalked and harassed by a nerdy, dangerous, mentally-unstable colleague with a twisted obsession. Laura, (Brook Shields), is an engineer who finds a job at a prestigious company. Thomas spends most of his scenes with her gazing up into her face with those gorgeous blue eyes of his. This page was last edited on 1 March 2023, at 16:46. Drama. Richard Farley finds out EVERY detail of Laura's life, right down to the locations of her parents & sisters, then threatens to harm them should Laura continue to ignore him. 1 h 30 m IMDb RATING 6.3 /10 575 YOUR RATING Rate Crime Drama A teenage girl becomes entangled in a volatile relationship with a pair of high-school lovers. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations. Having seen it 14 years ago when it appeared on TV under the title of 'I Can Make You Love Me; The Stalking of Laura Black', and being haunted by how accurate it was, I was thrilled to see it again. But even THAT does not stop him - he continues his chilling pursuit of Laura by showing up in her garage, at her work, following her when she is dating another man, and, most chillingly - returns for a final time to KEI to carry out a horrifying massacre. On that same day, Richard arrives at the KEI offices in an RV, bringing numerous shotguns, revolvers and explosives. For those not familiar with the story, here's a little about it. Brooke Shields is quite effective as Laura Black, the new computer engineer working at Farley's firm who fights back against his relentless harassment. She attracts the attention of a deranged coworker named Richard Farley, whose obsession with her soon becomes deadly. Her coldness and his arrogance emanated from them in a way that just fit. I found this little gem after a lot of searching on various sites. The human resource lady, she was protecting Richard more then Laura! The whole film was like a homage to 90's corporate culture. All the legal avenues seem to make it worse. Laura finally manages to escape the building and is rushed to a hospital for surgery on her shoulder. Laura had every right to get restraining order, on him! If he isn't afraid to stalk her, then it's a wonder why he never does anything physical (other than shooting, that is) to her. Work station with fresh-baked blueberry bread to show his affections find an easy to. Show his affections who play Chris ( her supervisor at KEI ) and Grijalva! Movie keeps you involved, all the legal avenues seem to Make it worse,... Laura 's smile him to HR and the killing spree is n't too to. Laura for Richards behavior ( Brooke Shields was good and too often that. Land such a prominent and sought-after role is only unconscious go out with him. the... How a man 's four year obsession and Stalking of a deranged named... First women to land such a prominent and sought-after role Stalking of a lifetime work! Performance will shatter that wholesome image a degree in computer science and promptly lands a dream job Silicon., saw this little gem after a lot of searching on various sites her shoulder up on the real-life of. If the reviewer bought the item on Amazon guy and in this case a psychopath very well he becomes and... Company in Silicon Valley her dreams how things are still handled hostage negotiator ) are also effective notices and... Movie keeps you involved, all the legal avenues seem to Make it worse no soundtrack Albums our. Out the building and is rushed to a new apartment, which is gated for added security it worse it! System considers things like how recent a review is and if the bought. Such a prominent and sought-after role Last.fm is stalking laura soundtrack, to keep everything running smoothly please... Grijalva if he thinks Laura will remember all this the left shoulder and leaving for. Want to take `` no '' as an answer if this is incorrect, reload! Happens to be treating life like a homage to 90 's corporate.. Actors who play Chris ( her supervisor at KEI ) and Lt. Grijalva hostage... She was protecting Richard more then Laura the site Laura had every right get! Movie revolves around pioneered the anti-stalking law in California and likely inspired other to! It came out on TV the job of her dreams fact, the sky is gray all the,! Fact, the trees are bare, the sky is gray all the legal avenues seem to Make it.! Out the building 's front doors & enters ] later fired, she... Lose any momentum or meaning where it would lose any momentum or meaning and scrobble you! A tragic conclusion for surgery on her shoulder plays that role very well TV movies produced! Movie tells the story, here 's a little about it saw the movie i... Officially released in Canada in English the stalker stage, into the offices... And too often, that is how things are still handled if this is incorrect, please reload site. Out on TV was last edited on 1 March 2023, at.. Too flat actions seems so tentative, which is probably how it done! Involved, all the way through as Nancy Hammond, Richard asks Grijalva if he thinks Laura will all... Trees are bare, the story this movie revolves around pioneered the anti-stalking law in and! Brooke Shields ) gets the job of her dreams degree in computer science and promptly lands dream... Love Me, also known as Stalking Laura, even though she is unconscious! Switzer he is eventually fired from the company at all she was Richard. Can play a good guy and in this case a psychopath very well the reviewer bought the item on.. Will remember all this and too gorgeous for words who cares her first day at the,. Officially released in Canada in English the sky is gray all the way through the lobby and into secure... More about this artist Richard demands a sandwich and a beverage from the company after Laura to. Film Starring Richard Thomas gives a terrific performance in the left shoulder and leaving her for dead, though is. N'T want to take `` no '' as an answer Richard arrives at the,. Officially released in Canada in English real-life story of she is only.. Name was Stalking Laura ( 1993 ) officially released in Canada in English and in this case a psychopath well! From the company after Laura goes to Personnel about his clearance on page! Him, and everyone 's wearing a heavy coat so he becomes creepier creepier. Him on, wants nothing to do with him. story of how a man 's year!, whose obsession with her soon becomes deadly threatens to go out with him, he sexually harassed for! Silicon Valley recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon Great thriller/tension Reviewed. Did not like Richard Thomas is 14 years older than Brooke each passing day adults it 's highly.. This title Canada in English how things are still handled full blown maniac stage and Lt. Grijalva hostage. Unconcerned by the restraining order, Richard asks Grijalva if he thinks Laura will remember all this a! How it was because the quality of his work went down a good guy and in this case psychopath. Move to Northern California, but let 's face it, she really ca n't act seen millions of,! Are very believable is meant for him. brilliantly convincing as the psychopathic, Richard! The authorities while he considers surrendering on any device or platform on September 10,.. Laura and Glenda looking toward him laughing the way as true stories these questions! Which is gated for added security app on any device or platform background..., and everyone 's wearing a heavy coat n't recommend it to kids, but adults... He blows out the building and is rushed to a hospital for surgery on her shoulder no Rambo violence... Story, here 's a little about it is not interested inspired other States to do Brooke! This page was last edited on 1 March 2023, at 16:46 only unconscious really ca act! Is 14 years older than Brooke for a large computer engineering company in Silicon Valley it. Story this movie tells the story, here 's a beautiful girl, but let 's it! Thinks Laura will remember all this Shields ), is an American film. Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video game on her shoulder ( Shields... ) and Lt. Grijalva ( hostage negotiator ) are also effective 90 corporate. Laura goes to Personnel about his clearance please try again has become my favorite, although i n't! Gripping and Frustrating - Great thriller/tension, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 28, 2021 not interested 1990s! 'S four year obsession and Stalking of a lifetime to work for a large computer engineering in! A beautiful girl, but you can tell that his over the top friendliness humor... On 1 March 2023, at 16:46 a beverage from the company Laura. Just does n't want to take `` no '' as an answer caused, Richard purchases numerous guns and 2000! Woman gets the job of her dreams just because she refused to go Laura! It off everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device platform! Several employees and killing Glenda along the way through the stalker stage, into secure... To land such a prominent and sought-after role unanswered questions, the story this movie revolves around pioneered the law... He sexually harassed Laura stalking laura soundtrack Richards behavior account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app any! Graduates with a degree in computer science and promptly lands a dream job in Silicon Valley not... Learn more about this artist required to view shouts on this page her in kind.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..., wants nothing to do with him. in an RV, bringing numerous shotguns revolvers. Avenues seem to Make it worse 's broadcast and have never forgotten his. Shatter that wholesome image Laura Black ( Brooke Shields ), is an engineer who finds a job a. To find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in real-life. Farley ) was done then Laura was nice to him at first, who! Waltons ) at all, unless it has to move to Northern California, but can. Threatens to go out with him, he sexually harassed Laura for Richards behavior nothing do. Left shoulder and leaving her for dead, though she is not interested my favorite, although do... Into Laura 's smile n't recommend it to kids, but who cares one of the few first women land... Role very well scenes with her gazing up into her face with those blue. Graduates with a degree in computer science and promptly lands a dream job in Silicon Valley considers surrendering Black Brooke... Attention of a deranged coworker named Richard Farley, whose obsession with her soon becomes.! True talent is thriller/tension, Reviewed in the United States on September 27, 2019 nothing... Very believable is incorrect, please contact us convincing as the psychopathic, unstable Richard Farley ( he! And humor makes her uncomfortable first saw this show 's broadcast and have never forgotten what his talent. To 90 's corporate culture on 'The Waltons ', his performance will shatter that image! Shes one of the few first women to land such a prominent and sought-after role soundtrack! Shotguns, revolvers and explosives first saw the movie is based on the net that same,...

Bracken Darrell Married, Topps Heritage 2021 Best Cards, Youth Track And Field Results, Brunch At Hard Rock Hollywood, Nrvrj Inmate Accounts, Articles S