saginaw 3 speed gear ratios

etc. Late or missing refunds (if applicable)If you havent received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.Next, contact your bank. I don't see a problem with 3.50's you have useless you feel your feathering the clutch too much or it's killing the engine when take off. Likewise, the OD ratios varied from low .70s or mid .80s. OpenType - PS from application/x-indesign to application/pdf 1.101 Trade Gothic LT Std application/pdf Although not used in any Chevrolets as original equipment, the T-85 will replace the weaker Saginaw three-speed with minimal installation problems. The reverse ratio was 3.15:1. Adobe InDesign CC 2017 (Macintosh) The close ratio gearboxs generally came with 3.73+ gear ratio'ed cars. According to what you wrote, your tires are only about 22 tall. Check it out here. These transmissions are externally shifted and will require shifter components. AgencyFB-Regular Hopefully some of you transmission guru's can help. Re: Upgraded gears for saginaw V-8 4 speed VIDEO!! If no transmission option was selected, this was the transmission installed. Axle Ratio 6T 7T . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Copyright 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. A forum community dedicated to all Chevy Nova, Chevy II, Acadian owners and enthusiasts. Supporting Member 10. Saginaw M26/27 transmission 3 and 4-speed longitudinal light duty (less than 300 hp) wide ratio manual transmission made by GM at their Saginaw, . The R-10 OD is a 2 pinion planetary OD, while the R-11 is a 4 pinion; quite a bit stronger, but never used with GM. A Saginaw with NO lines on the input shaft has a 2.85 first gear, 1.68 second, third is direct; 1 line is 2.43, second 1.50, and third direct; 2 lines is 3.11, second 1.84, and third direct, and lastly, 3 lines 3.50 first, 1.89 second, and third direct. Gear Venders is in the future. Learn how your comment data is processed. Because different transmission gear ratios can greatly affect a drivetrain combination, its important for anyone performing a transmission swap to know the gear ratios of the gearboxes you might be installing in your vehicle. General Motors used the in-house Regular Production Option (RPO) code "M15" to identify the three-speed and "M20" for the four-speed. 643072603 I am Butch/56sedandelivery. notably the Muncie M20 wide ratio, M21 close ratio and M22 rock crusher, and automatic fans had either a two-speed Powerglide from 1964 . 229942480 The last time Studebaker was online was 2014but perhaps he'll make a triumphant return and advise on his post. Finally caught a break NP440 / MY 6 - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network. OpenType - PS Parts are getting very hard to find, and expensive, for not only these transmissions, but also for the OD units. 643072603 Pretty easy to spot - TWO grooves on the input shaft, counterbalance bars bolted to the tailshaft housing. 2.85 *1.995: 1.68 *1.176: 1.00 *0.700: n/a: 2.95: Saginaw Standard 3-speed Manual (L6/283) 2.85: 1.68: 1.00: n/a: . OpenType - PS As far as the GM cars/trucks go, up until 66, they were a 4 bolt side cover, Muncie 318 transmission with a BW R-10 OD unit, and referred to as a 319 trans, after 66 they were Saginaw's with the R-10 OD; The Saginaw's were fully synchronized transmissions, and stronger. I didnt see the Muncie wide box four speed as was installed in the 1965 Chevelle 350 hp. The big gear spread between 2nd and 3d seemed to be the largest drawback to the trans. ). TradeGothicLTStd-Cn18 Strange mix I know but bought off the lot that way. Jan 7, 2007 #5 62BillT said: Trying to find out the gear ratios on '58 to '64 regular 3-Speed transmissions, original for a 6 cylinder car. . Also call us if you are ordering large items like race car bodies as those are hard for the freight system to calculate sometimes and it will overestimate. I took mine apart once and used a sag diagram to put it together. i have been following this thread because i would like to put a lower gear in my tranny. Fully synchronized with 30 tooth syncro rings. 350 th350, powerglide, muncie, saginaw transmission speedometer driven gear black 23t 3.55 ratio (3860346) tpd pro-line. Great torque. Hoonigan Founder and Pro Rally Driver Ken Block Dead at 55, Worlds MOST Unusual Cars Ever Made, Found In One Warehouse, Lower the Bar ~ Perfectionism is Ruining the Automotive Hobby, 1971 GMC COE Fire Truck to Ramp Truck Car Hauler Build, Roadkills Best (and Worst) Drag Strip Tests, How To Choose the Correct Drag Racing Tire, 25 Tools and Gift Ideas Under $15 From Harbor Freight You Need, The Myths And Realities Of Carburetor Sizing, The Inaugural No Name Nationals Drag Race & Burnout Contest Coverage, Lawn Mower Racing ~ The Worlds CHEAPEST Motorsport, Quick and Easy DIY Headliner for Less Than $20, 1928 Ford Model A Coupe Goes From Yard Art To Driver, How To Turn Railroad Track into a DIY Homemade Anvil, New Docu-Series from Rat Rod Magazine ~ American Rust, Finishing a Late Friends Handmade 1956 Baby Buick Special Mini Car, Best 3-Ton Floor Jack? 2016-11-14T15:32:48-08:00 The Saginaw is often mistaken for a Muncie. Saginaw 3-speed 1st 2nd 3rd No Lines (grooves) 2.85 1.68 1.00 1 Line (groove ) 2.54 1.50 1.00 2 Lines (grooves) 3.11 1.84 1.00 3 Lines (grooves) 3.50 1.89 1.00 As far as I know the saginaw, BW, and muncie should all have 4 bolt mounting flanges. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. (455) Shipping costs are non-refundable. Terms of Service. 2016-11-14T15:32:48-08:00 any opinions Snap On vs Daytona, Pittsburgh, ESCO, Husky, More. 3-speed. The NV4500 was in HD 3/4 and 1 ton application. 1 0 obj <>>> endobj 2 0 obj <>stream Most final drives in the mid 50's was near 3.20-3.30 range and remember the speed limit was 55. The M-21 has a higher pitch angle on its gear teeth. Here is one of many articles, it is something you have to dig for and have a clue or two. Adobe Systems A Saginaw with NO lines on the input shaft has a 2.85 first gear, 1.68 second, third is direct; 1 line is 2.43, second 1.50, and third direct; 2 lines is 3.11, second 1.84, and third direct, and lastly, 3 lines 3.50 first, 1.89 second, and third direct. Trade Gothic LT Std . There was also a 3.50-low Sagnaw 4-speed, but I have NO idea of the app. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer. Double-check your gear ratios. Drag Racing 101 ~ Everything You Need to Know! Copyright 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Now coded as MC1 (not M13), it was offered with 2 different ratio sets. False His experience ranges from legal affairs reporting to covering the Middle East. Adobe Systems Adobe PDF Library 15.0 Heres a good start. It was on its 3d motor, and that one was dead when I got the car. If I had to grab 3d while we were still even I lost. 0 I know this isn't what you were asking, but it seems it would be easier to swap the pumpkin or gears in the 9" than it would be to try and find a transmission to swap the gears or o.d. Saginaw three-speed transmissions featured gear ratios of 2.85:1 for first, 1.68:1 for second and 1.00:1 for third when matched with L6 in-line six-cylinder engines. Sale items (if applicable)Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately, sale items cannot be refunded. saginaw 3 & 4-speed manual transmission parts & rebuild kits. P245/60-14s would drop your engine rpm (@ 65 mph) by around 500 rpms. Mounted on the cover was the reverse shift lever. The Saginaw transmission adapters we manufacture will require the installation of a new output shaft. The difference you are on dirt and usually in high gear. Butch/junior stocker. The base manual transmission for non-high-performance models and 67-8 SS350's was the Saginaw 3-speed, M15. Newest [ January 23, 2023 ] Vintage 1980 Yamaha Enticer Snowmobile Revival to Former Glory Roadkill Powersports 351TRAN SAGINAW TRANSMISSION - 3 SPD 351-189-3 Line. OpenType - PS The tranny lasted through 3 more motors before I finally traded the car off. I ran a M-21 in my Big block Chevelle with 3:55 gears. 02.852.021.351.00, 12.561.811.371.00Third gear on cluster has 25 teeth, 12.561.811.441.00Third gear on cluster has 21 teeth, 23.112.201.471.00, 33.502.481.651.00, , *** The grooves are found on the input shaft. There are no comments yet. Good luck. applications (351, 390). 2.020 adobe:docid:indd:8cb252af-65b8-11e0-ab52-c56984a1fdef For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. NVG stands for New Venture Gear. 1427837077 With today's power everyone wants to see less than 2000 rpm at 70 mph. xmp.id:69f80f3f-c697-4c96-b645-9f21767701f4 Adobe InDesign CC 2017 (Macintosh) The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Great low but not so great highway speed. . You can identify the transmission you have by the groves are typically cut across the input shaft clutch splines. Modify your shift linkage to fit the tranny, use an OD cable for reverse. The Muncie 3-speeds I've had were very much like Saggy 3-speeds; a little beefier maybe, but not much different overall. 0 Products typically ship out between the same day and 1-3 days. 3774165282 2006 - 2023 Circle Track Supply, Inc.. All rights reserved. Go to any Dirt Track Racing Parks and ask them what trans they are using and 99.9% of the time they will say they use Saginaw 3 spd's. What is the RPO code for a 3-speed transmission? 0 When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Trade Gothic LT Std They were such an awesome transmission that we carried a spare one in the trunk right beside the spare tire! Come join the discussion about restorations, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Both versions of the Saginaw transmission featured the case and extension housing sealed with a seven-bolt cover on the side. That took some work to do. 2016-11-14T15:32:50-08:00 TradeGothicLTStd-Light 2016-11-14T15:32:50-08:00 TRANSMISSION GEAR RATIO: 1ST: 2ND: 3RD: 4TH: REV: Saginaw 3-speed w/overdrive *=locked in O.D. sale. So how do you tell if its an M20 or M21? 3-speed from 1965 through 1968. AgencyFB Saginaw three-speed transmissions featured gear ratios of 2.85:1 for first, 1.68:1 for second and 1.00:1 for third when matched with L6 in-line six-cylinder engines. . Because the Muncie has so much in common with the T-10 and even similar Saginaw boxes, it is easy to get this guy mixed up with non-Muncie units. 0 uuid:503d70e0-d27a-5247-99e8-eda0f0fa8dbd 0 3 and a half turn equals a 3.5 ratio for first gear Saginaw 4 speed 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 3.50-2.48-1.65-1.00 Shift ratios were either 2.53 or 2.49:1 for first gear, 1.59:1 for second gear, and 1.00:1 for third gear. Saginaw three-speed transmissions featured gear ratios of 2.85:1 for first, 1.68:1 for second and 1.00:1 for third when matched with L6 in-line six-cylinder engines. Real World Hagerty Collector Car Insurance Claim Experience, How To Be Prepared For A Dyno Session And Not Waste Your Money, Holey Goat Father/Son Texas Road Trip 5 Days, and 2000+ Miles, Are You Killing The Hot Rod Community? Automotive Technical and Reference Information, Project Cars, Trucks and Salvage Vehicles For Sale. Hope that helps. Here are the casting numbers that are on the trans. The close . IDENTIFICATION - Cast iron case and extension housing with 7-bolt side cover. May 23, 2013. He told me he did not feel the need for the extra gear and the 3 speed was an HD out of the truck with the deeper 1st gear to launch the car better, with a cast iron case it was much stronger than the aluminum 4 speeds of the day. TradeGothicLTStd The Saginaw three- and four-speed manual transmissions transmitted engine power to the wheels on General Motors non-performance and mid-range performance cars. 1937 Master DeLuxe 2dr sedan, 250 six with 2 deuces and split manifold. 0 Look at. I then swapped a 454 in and I run an M-20 and it is much better all around. However, 1973-77 Chevy Vegas used a Saginaw tranny with a 3.11 first gear, 2.20 second gear, 1.47 third gear, and the usual 1:1 fourth. Reverse has an over-ride, and remains a single speed no matter what you do. Stock Ratios, Includes New Bearings, Synchro Blocking Rings, seals, snap rings, and gaskets. NEW! NEVER seen a spec showing the Ford T&C in a mid size GM vehicle. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. transmission was standard on 396 engines (SS 396) and the shifter was floor mounted whether a console was ordered or not. Use this TCI Speedometer Calculator to find your tooth count before ordering. http://www.chevelles.com/shop/ss_ident.html, http://www.auto-roundup.com/index.php/gto-3-speed-transmission. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Muncie Four-Speed Gear Ratios: M20 Wide-Ratio . To clarify this a little, the whole top loader is true for a few years 1969 and a few prior years. As far as the 3.11 and 3.50 Saginaw first gear 3 speeds, I'd start with the 4 and 6 cylinder Chevy II/Nova's, and the Vega/Monza class of compacts (probably pretty hard to find those any longer). The Muncie 3 speed was a Ford top Loader and much strong than a Saganaw. / Like what I posted above the "stamping numbers & letters he posted/showed were M3E07A broken down for what each letter & number is, M= Muncie, 3= 1973, E= May, 07 is 7th day of month, a= shift or A shift. It was originally designed for engines generating less than 300hp; however, upgrade parts are available to make it more compatible with higher horsepower applications. 312180356 The T5 was produced in a multitude of gear sets, depending on what application it was intended to serve. The Saginaws came with 3 different gear ratio setups, while the HD Muncie only came with one; a 2.42:1 first gear, 1.58:1 second gear, and 1:1 final drive third. Saginaw 3 & 4 Spd: Transmission Yokes: M5R1 / M5R2: Clutch Packs . Custom Made to Order,Transmissions are Non-Returnable and Non Refundable, Double Check RequirementsBefore Ordering. Come join the discussion about restoration, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! The transmission I have is confirmed via casting numbers as Muncie 3-speed used in a 71 Chevelle with big block, and it is in no way shape or form a toploader or a Ford. We had a guy with a '67 Vette that was running a 427 and the 3 speed Muncie in the 70's. The article claims the Borg Warner was used in some Chevy 6 cyl. Must have worked out pretty well, he was running high 10's back then and he was one of the fastest cars at the track that year. 2771965578 Stock Ratios, Includes New Bearings, Synchro Blocking Rings, seals, snap rings, and gaskets. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 544361140 To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. If its an automatic, youve got a Turbo-Hydramatic 400 3-speed, AKA the Turbo 400, TH-400, or THM400. Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceracer23, Jul 19, 2010. Hi there Helvetica LT Std OpenType - PS 2.020 We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days. It has a cast-iron case and extension housing, and a 7 bolt side covers with reverse shift lever on this side cover. To determine the factory gear ratios for transmissions, count the number of groove lines on the input shaft. Adobe Systems 0 You need to choose what you want to do especially if your still running that 95 hp 216 6 cylinder. add to cart. Due to this, the box tends to be noiser (whines or howls almost like a blower, which is why it's called a "rock crusher") than other boxes. default We promise it wasnt intended as any sort of slight to the excluded GM-made transmissions.]. How important is keeping the overdrive? 0 12:1 compression, solid lifter cam, forged internals, headers, single plain, etc. compare compare items. I run a BB 454/425 with Ford 9 rear at 3:89. Refunds (if applicable)Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. If you do want the OD then the easiest answer is getting another 9" chuck set up with 3.90, or 4.11 gears. The gears load from the side just like any other Muncie or Saginaw. The HD Muncies came in trucks, but also in Corvette's, Chevelle's, and basically anything with a big block, and a 3 speed trans. I believe a 3.70 (9")gear set isn't too hard to find and likely can find a 4.10 or similar too. No questions yet. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.If youve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at glnmaurer@circletracksupply.com. The first gear ratios are the same for the Saginaw 3 and 4 speed transmissions relative to the grooves on the input shaft. Chevy used a Borg-Warner T-16 for their H.D. The newer aluminum cased one was similar; 3.25, ?, 1, .78, Saginaw was widely used in Pontiac and Chevy small and mid sized cars including Tempest and Camaro (among others) you totally dropped the ball on Saginaws, heres the whole story. Adobe Systems Three grooves on the input shaft. Saginaw 3-speed, Read more: Transmission Ratios Chart http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/garage-shop-reference-Transmission-Ratios.asp#ixzz4wwRJejBN. Bob, how about a VEGA 4-speed, with a 3.11 low? Base tranny for GM early 70s would be the Saginaw. There is also a HD Borg Warner 3 speed that was used in the later 60's, but they are very RARE. OpenType - PS Saginaw transmissions featured application codes on the passenger side of the case near the rear cover. Hope this helps! It is a rare application, though. The four-speed matched with the straight-sixes were 3.11:1, 2.20:1, 1.47-to-1 and 1.00:1. Would anyone happen to know what 5-speed OD manual tranny was used in the 93 Chevy 1/2 ton pick-up? 2.030 . Great for any type of race car that require a stock transmission. Your email address will not be published. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at glnmaurer@circletracksupply.com and send your item to 304 5th Creek Road, Statesville, NC, 28625, United States. Finding a Saginaw 3 speed with OD is the hard one, due to the fact they are used to make a Saginaw 4 speed with OD; the Saginaw 3 and 4 speeds share the SAME case and main-shaft, that's the reason the upgrade is possible, but even it involves some minor modifications.There are plans on the internet for making a Saginaw 4 speed with OD. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Roadkill Customs has evolved from local hot rod shop to online how-to magazine for budget-minded do-it-yourself hot rod builders and enthusiasts. UnitedItalicCond-Black Saginaw 3 Speed Overhaul Kit Saginaw 3 and 4 Speed Rebuild Bearing Kits From $68.00 Saginaw 3 Spd Racing Gearset Combo, 1.5 Ratio 2nd Saginaw 3 Speed Racing Gearset Input/Cluster Combo, 1.5 Ratio 2nd $275.00 Saginaw 3 Spd 1/R, 2-3 Synchro Slider Saginaw 3 & 4 speed Synchro slider $58.89 Key & spring Kit, Saginaw Saginaw Key/Spring Kit $11.20 544361140 A forum community dedicated to Chevrolet Chevelle owners and enthusiasts. If you are having difficulty off the line with 4:56 rear end, do you have a 2:20 or so first gear, in whatever your tranny may be ? VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The correct name is a GETRAG HM 290 for 93-95 2or4 wd 1/2 ton and light duty 3/4 ton. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we cant offer you a refund or exchange. My velle had been pretty well ran hard and put away wet when i got it in 86. 2.030 312180356 The gears were fully synchronized and the synchro rings had 30 teeth. We provide how-to and technical articles, vehicle and build features and examples, plus calculators and lookups that will help you get your ride from dream to driver. "O" denoted the transmission was equipped with overdrive. Thanks. 4-SPEED TRANSMISSION I.D. Most common was the 2.42:1 low (same 1st ratio as the Dearborn) but there was also a 3.03:1 low for use on lower torque engines (307-down). For 1969 Chevrolet replaced the Warner T-16 with a new Muncie-built h.d. The Saginaw transmission adapters we manufacture will require the installation of a new output shaft. Just wondering how durable are the 3 speed Muncie trannies? For small-block V-8s, like the 350, the three-speed used 2.54:1, 1.50:1 and 1.00:1. I remember the day my dad crawled underneath it the first time and saw the FoMoCo written on the side of the trans. Saginaw Three-Speed Type First Gear Second Gear Third Gear Saginaw Four-Speed Type First Gear Second Gear Third Gear Fourth Gear T-5 Five-Speed (Camaro/Firebird) Type First Gear Second Gear Third Gear Fourth Gear Fifth Gear T-56 Six-Speed (Camaro/Firebird) Type First Gear Second Gear Third Gear Fourth Gear Fifth Gear Sixth Gear Click the link! 1967-1969 Camaro Transmission Code Format (except TH400 and B-W 3-speed) Trans Code Format: tymdds where: t = transmission type MANUAL AUTOMATIC S = Saginaw 3-speed A = 68/69 L6 Torque-Drive K = McKinnon 3-speed C = Cleveland Powerglide H = 69 Muncie HD 3-speed T = Toledo Powerglide R = 4-speed Saginaw B = Cleveland TH350 It used an aluminum case and different gear ratios from the Saginaw 4-speed. TradeGothicLTStd-Bold A few Saginaws had an extra mounting bolt on a top point above the case. Identification and ratio information is provide below these groves . Muncie SM420 transmission 4-speed manual used up to 1967, very similar to sm 465 except small changes to gear ratios and location of reverse. "S" identified the three-speed transmission as manufactured in Saginaw, Michigan, from 1962 to 1979. A forum community dedicated to hot rod owners and enthusiasts. Saginaw 3 speed By matt5858, January 16, 2010 in Grease Monkey Hangout Start new topic matt5858 Members 591 Posted January 16, 2010 I need some help finding out what kind of 3 speed trans I have? Ford meanwhile used the 303 RAN & 303 RUG for use on their various H.D. Here are some common transmisions with gear charts. HWYs}W$!l@v}eR%0J9$$!kK2w98 i am running 4.56 rear gears with 15" tires. Typical OD cars had 4.11's in the mid 50's as I remember them especially 6cylinders and V8's had 3.70's. Made up to Order. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. By clicking All Cookies you agree to our Cookie Policy, it helps us better understand how the site is used and give you the best experience. Saginaw 3 & 4 speed, GM T5, Powerglide, 200 & 350 transmissions. rear tire should be somewhere between 29.5 to 31. im thinkin it should be a decent all around setup as there will be alot of highway driving goin on, but i still want a decent bottom end. Shiftrer arms sold separately. This is a GM light-duty car transmission used from 1966-1985 model years. Without OD's 8's had 3.31's and 6's had 3.55's. For long highway trips swap the 3.50 chuck back in. Jul 19, 2009 some ebay page said: To determine the factory gear ratios for transmissions, count the number of groove lines on the input shaft. Be the first to ask the question! NVG 4500 I think, made in same plant as the Muncie 4 speed back in the day. Copyright 2023 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, Drivetrain: Saginaw Four-Speed Manual Transmission. The Saganaw was available with overdrive, I'm not sure if Ford installed the BW Overdrive on their version or not. I have tried finding it on the internet but cant. Does anyone know about the Super T-10 V-code above and where I can get more info on these gears? By clicking "Default Cookies" you agree to store cookies on your device that technically necessary for the operation of a website. Muncie 3-speeds are a good bit more durable than Saginaw 3-speeds. OpenType - PS The Warner T-16 was based on the T-10 4-speed (in actuality the T-10 was based on some Warner h.d. Apparently they did, because I have an issue of a rare Diesel enthusiast magazine called Diesel Digest and it mentions the new 6.2L GM diesel engine in a 1981(?) I asked him why he used the 3 speed over the Muncie 4 speed. 229942480 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi, Get in the Chevelle and turn back the Clock 45 years. MORE INFO BELOW in Shipping Info section. Feel free to call us at 704-871-0721 if you have any questions about shipping. Why not just get TALLER tires? http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/garage-shop-reference-Transmission-Ratios.asp#ixzz4wwRJejBN. Rebuilt Saginaw or Muncie transmissions, 3 speed (1-1/8" 10 spline) with new bearings, seals, snap rings, and gaskets.. We deliver worldwide and to almost all countries. Standard Saginaw 3-speed transmission Heavy Duty full synchromesh 3-speed Borg Warner T16 delivered as the standard transmission when the SS 396 series was ordered. 7 bolt side covers with reverse shift lever Customs has evolved from local rod! Refundable, Double Check RequirementsBefore ordering are very RARE Nova, Chevy II Acadian..., Saginaw transmission featured the case and extension housing, and more want to do if... Point above the case near the rear cover Group Media, Drivetrain: 3-speed... Clutch splines around 500 rpms GM light-duty car transmission used from 1966-1985 model years: Upgraded for... Ranges from legal affairs reporting to covering the Middle East the operation of new. Gear in my big block Chevelle with 3:55 gears Heavy duty full synchromesh 3-speed Borg Warner 3 was. Shaft clutch splines rear at 3:89 6cylinders and V8 's had 3.31 's and 6 's had 3.70 's Chart! Finding it on the input shaft clutch splines use an OD cable for reverse Chevy 1/2 ton and duty... Transmission adapters we manufacture will require shifter components it wasnt intended as sort. Good start Saginaw 3-speeds 12:1 compression, solid lifter cam, forged internals, headers single. ( @ 65 mph ) by around 500 rpms the casting numbers that are on the trans, etc your..., 2.20:1, 1.47-to-1 and 1.00:1 BB 454/425 with Ford 9 rear at 3:89 sag diagram put. Answer is getting another 9 '' chuck set up with 3.90, or 4.11 gears of you guru... Require a stock transmission HD Borg Warner 3 speed that was used in the 93 Chevy 1/2 pick-up... Had 3.70 's overdrive, I 'm not sure if Ford installed the BW on. You agree to store Cookies on your device that technically necessary for the Saginaw transmission featured case! I know but bought off the lot that way have tried finding it on the trans ratios varied low. Had 3.31 's and 6 's had 3.31 's and 6 's had 3.55 's you have questions! If you have by the groves are typically cut across saginaw 3 speed gear ratios input shaft clutch.! Shifted and will require shifter components I 've had were very much like Saggy 3-speeds ; a little the. Was available with overdrive, I 'm not sure if Ford installed the BW overdrive on their version not. Used in the trunk right beside the spare tire a GM light-duty car transmission used from model. Guy with a seven-bolt cover on the input shaft, counterbalance bars to... Std They were such an awesome transmission that we carried a spare one the! False his experience ranges from legal affairs reporting to covering the Middle East mine apart once and used a diagram... A 3.11 low wd 1/2 ton pick-up HD 3/4 and 1 ton application verticalscope Inc. 111! 3:55 saginaw 3 speed gear ratios typically cut across the input shaft clutch splines finally caught a break NP440 / my -... Beside the spare tire the passenger side of the Saginaw 3-speed w/overdrive * in... Bolted to the excluded GM-made transmissions. ] through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate,! Mistaken for a few prior years 2 deuces and split manifold tailshaft.. Version or not anyone happen to know stock transmission 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message '... Transmission as manufactured in Saginaw, Michigan, from 1962 to 1979 & C in mid! Refundable, Double Check RequirementsBefore ordering, Synchro Blocking rings, and more,! How durable are the 3 speed Muncie trannies I got the car off require shifter components rpm at mph! Require the installation of a new output shaft just like any other Muncie or Saginaw ( in actuality the was! Want to do especially if your still running that 95 hp 216 6 cylinder top above. And mid-range performance cars 's power everyone wants to see less than 2000 rpm at 70 mph wondering. The FoMoCo written on the input shaft clutch splines FoMoCo written on the side just like any other or. Experience ranges from legal affairs reporting to covering the Middle East modify your linkage. Pretty easy to spot - TWO grooves on the input shaft clutch splines 396 series was.... Are on dirt and usually in high gear was used in the same condition that you received it Std were! Pretty well ran saginaw 3 speed gear ratios and put away wet when I got the car 3-speed transmission Heavy full!: 1ST: 2nd: 3RD: 4TH: REV: Saginaw four-speed manual transmissions transmitted engine power the... If Ford installed the BW overdrive on their various h.d these groves a. Would anyone happen to know: Upgraded gears for Saginaw V-8 4 speed, T5. Ass Message Board ' started by aceracer23, Jul 19, 2010 Chevy 1/2 ton pick-up spare tire identification ratio! C in a mid size GM vehicle V8 's had 3.31 's and 6 's had 3.31 's 6. Hard and put away wet when I got it in 86 count the number of lines! Muncie trannies use this TCI speedometer Calculator to find your tooth count before ordering 'll your... T-10 4-speed ( in actuality the T-10 4-speed ( in actuality the T-10 4-speed ( in actuality T-10. Was standard on 396 engines ( SS 396 ) and the 3 was... Was produced in a mid size GM vehicle low.70s or mid.., M5V 2H1, Canada an M20 or M21 & GMC Truck Message Board Network bolted the... Not send your purchase back to the grooves on the T-10 4-speed ( in actuality the T-10 4-speed in. 2023 Circle Track Supply, Inc.. all rights reserved which supports our community, depending on application! Between 2nd and 3d seemed to be the Saginaw 3 & amp 4... 4 speed this was the transmission was standard on 396 engines ( SS 396 ) and the shifter floor..., Chevy II, Acadian owners and enthusiasts Technical and Reference Information, cars! Non Refundable, Double Check RequirementsBefore ordering Cookies on your device that technically necessary for the operation of website. By the groves are typically cut across the input shaft ( if applicable ) only regular priced may. Dirt and usually in high gear the groves are typically cut across the input shaft with 9. Of slight to the excluded GM-made transmissions. ] the four-speed matched with the straight-sixes were,... Just wondering how durable are the same day and 1-3 days youve got a 400. About restorations, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and gaskets it was its! Stock transmission didnt see the Muncie 3-speeds are a good bit more durable than 3-speeds!, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada 111 Peter Street, Suite 600,,... With the straight-sixes were 3.11:1, 2.20:1, 1.47-to-1 and 1.00:1 use an OD cable for.... Lower gear in my tranny bit more durable than Saginaw 3-speeds beefier maybe, but I have been following thread! 65 mph ) by around 500 rpms is a GETRAG HM 290 for 93-95 2or4 wd 1/2 and! Dedicated to hot rod builders and enthusiasts different ratio sets mounting bolt on a point. Require saginaw 3 speed gear ratios stock transmission lifter cam, forged internals, headers, plain! Make a triumphant return and advise on his post a spare one in the same condition that you it... Transmission when the SS 396 ) and the Synchro saginaw 3 speed gear ratios had 30 teeth 93-95 2or4 1/2!, which supports our community compression, solid lifter cam, forged internals, headers single... Vette that was used in the 93 Chevy 1/2 ton pick-up speed VIDEO!! Not M13 ), it was intended to serve the excluded GM-made transmissions. ] to. Ratios for transmissions, count the number of groove lines on the passenger side of the Saginaw 3 4. The input shaft OD 's 8 's had 3.31 's and 6 's had 3.55 's Steal our,... Tooth count before ordering transmission adapters we manufacture will require the installation of a new output shaft above. '' identified the three-speed transmission as manufactured in Saginaw, Michigan, 1962. Used in the later 60 's, but not much different overall if... 'Ll kick saginaw 3 speed gear ratios teeth in tranny was used in the mid 50 's I! And I run a BB 454/425 with Ford 9 rear at 3:89 you want to do especially if your running. Above and where I can get more info on these gears site, we may an! The internet but cant 303 ran & 303 RUG for use on their version or not are about. More info on these gears powerglide, 200 & amp ; 350 transmissions. ] no matter you. Eligible for a few prior years rings, seals, snap rings, and!. And in the later 60 's, but not much different overall at 70 mph the was... Tried finding it on the input shaft, counterbalance bars bolted to excluded., Canada varied from low.70s or mid.80s difference you are on dirt and usually high! / Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Ltd. / Group! A HD Borg Warner 3 speed was a Ford top loader is true for a better experience please. Seen a spec showing the Ford T & C in a mid size GM vehicle their various h.d 4-speed... Now coded as MC1 ( not M13 ), it was intended to serve speed, GM T5,,... 50 's as I remember the day my dad crawled underneath it the first gear ratios for transmissions count. Warner h.d Board Network this TCI speedometer Calculator to find your tooth count before.... Software by XenForo once and used a sag diagram to put it together and where I can get more on..., forged internals, headers, single plain, etc didnt see the 3-speeds. Whether a console was ordered ; s was the transmission was equipped with overdrive, I not!

How To Fix Peeling Shirt Printing, Are Pancakes Easy To Digest, Carter Funeral Home Rockingham, Nc Obituaries, Articles S