lake berryessa zodiac coordinates

US Topo Map Quadrants . September 2014 The phone was found, still off the hook, minutes later at the Napa Car Wash on Main Street in Napa by KVON radio reporter Pat Stanley, only a few blocks from the sheriff's office, yet 27 miles (43 km) from the crime scene. Mike Morford (Morf13) Cotton windbreaker with a zipper, dark blue. After a valiant battle for her life, Cecelia died several days later. February 2021 Would you answer a question for me? Hi Richard, ), (SEE: https://www.zodiackiller.com/LBReport26.html), After they were tied up the assailant said "I'm going to have to stab you." Time to eliminate anything that cannot be confirmed as an actual sighting of the killer himself. BRYAN: Your hands are shaking? Ill bet theres good money in it. He has the names of all subjects who purchased this item and will keep the names available to the officers on request. Indeed, this implies that the perpetrator's car was likely parked within a reasonable distance from the crime scene, along a route he was familiar with and confident in taking. The girls left the area around 4:30 PM. TLDR: The Lake Berryessa Zodiac killer likely had previous knowledge of the area and was specifically targeting a couple at that location. September 2021 People love the Presidio Heights sketch when it looks like their suspect. Occasionally it would find a near match, which was not even the same person. The characters do not behave like movie characters. The Lake Berryessa time zone is Pacific Daylight Time which is 8 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The man-made lake attracted visitors who enjoyed boating, fishing, picnicking and other activities, and the recreation area was also home to the famous "Berryessa Bowl," a music venue which featured many of the most popular bands and performers of the time. On September 27th, 1969, the two university students were relaxing on the island and reminiscing about old times when they heard a rustling sound coming from a nearby tree. - Robert Graysmith, https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/03/09/DI2007030900522.html SOURCE? My car is hot. Napa's Main Street is exactly 27 miles south of the island where he stabbed the two students. If he spends a week doing intense physical work he loses a lot of weight and his face actually appears to be longer. A: Now take it easy all I wants your money. Channel 9 Letter December 2019 The latitude and longitude coordinates for the site are: 38.563619, -122.231938 Map. March 2014 US $57.98 Color: Carbon Fiber 3 pieces/set Dashboard Strip Trim Compatible For Ford F150 2015+ Peel off the cover and tape the item on the surface of the vehicle Prevent nail scratches and cover existing scratches August 2022 It would not surprise me if he in fact thought of himself as a Zodiac-esque figure during his earlier life when he was committing minor acts of larceny. They are two miles north of park headquarters. The Zodiac Killer was so eager to prove that he was behind the attack that he drew the crossed-circle symbol on Bryan Hartnell's car. According to Bryan, he and Cecelia were lying on the ground along the shoreline when she noticed a man lingering in the shade of some trees nearby. fear), potential embellishments, the brightness of the background lighting, shadow, distance numerous factors are involved. The dam stands 304 feet (93 meters) tall and stretches about 1,300 feet (400 meters) across Devil's Gate, a narrow pass on Putah Creek. The suspect hung around the area for about 45 minutes, then left walking back up the hill. November 2022 30 years old. I want to report a murder no, a double murder. THE SCENE OF THE CRIME * Lake Berryessa, September 1969. * Photographs of the Phone Used By The Zodiac to Call The Napa Police Department, * Sketches of the Zodiac in costume and a man seen at the lake. We could go out and either go for a walk, go to San Francisco, or, you know, just', cause we used to be good friends. 1978 Letter 6, stocky build, ~200 lbs, dark clothes, straight dark hair neatly combed. Every time I have gone there, there have been many members of the public wondering about. May 2016 Furthermore, I would make a logical leap that the perpetrator was motivated by the lack of coverage of his previous crimes. Bryan survived to describe the terrifying experience. Lake Berryessa Recreation Area is covered by the Lake Berryessa, CA US Topo Map quadrant Free US Topo Map PDF Order Waterproof Printed Topo Map Water Land Man-made. The words made him psychologically committed to carrying out the misdeed. They walked down towards the beach where they saw a man walking in the area. The Celebrity Cypher We will use these details from the police report:The three young women who potentially saw Zodiac, You will notice that the white horizontal line above passes through the identical features on both images of Lake Berryessa, indicating that Dr Rayfield & Son and the three girls were visiting the near identical location that day, adding weight to the idea, that the suspicious character observed by both had good reason to be in that area. At that point, the Zodiac Killer approached the two students. Also the close proximity to water is intriguing. The hooded stranger moved toward the couple. Edwards and Domingos were identified as possible Zodiac victims because of specific similarities between their attack and the Zodiac's attack at Lake Berryessa six years later. They are two miles north of park headquarters. Privacy Policy. Victim stated that the suspect stabbed Miss Shepard "much worse than him". BRYAN: What? ( or ) Sure, Ill show you. Pines Card I guess we see this all the time when a baby arrives and other family members say things like "Oh look, he has his mother's nose and Grandpa Arthur's chin!". Bu 40 years old, 6 tall, 200-210 lbs. Shepard lapsed into a coma during transport and never regained consciousness. (Or, and probably this: Now that all is said and done, was that gun really loaded?), A: Yes, it was! The killer checked, and tightened Hartnell's bonds after discovering that Shepard had bound Hartnell's hands loosely. Had they done so, we may not be speculating on this topic 50 years after the fact. The artificial lake was created in the 1950s with the construction of Monticello Dam and flooding of Berryessa Valley. ASSAILANT: Yes, it was! ABOUT THIS SITE / SOURCES & LINKS * FORUM * GALLERY * BLOG * UPDATES * MAIN MENU. Headlights were long rather than round. Napa PD police report on Lake Berryessa crime (35 pages). SEE: https://www.zodiackiller.com/LBReport10.html (pgs. Law enforcement have developed some reasonably clever ones that can be used to analyze stills from security cameras to detect facial matches with known criminals and terrorists. When deciphered, the message began with the words, I like killing people because its so much fun. The writer also referred to collecting slaves for his afterlife. Lake Berryessa (Pope Creek Bridge) Facility Address: berryessaKnoxville Rd Napa, CA 94558 Phone: (707) 966-2111 Website: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/ccao/berryessa Body of Water: Lake Berryessa County: Napa Type of Facility: Landing/Boat-In Sites Open To: Public Jurisdiction/Authority: US Bureau of Reclamation Region: Northern Interior Mailing Address: At 7:40 pm, the Napa County Police Department received a call that had been placed from a telephone booth located a few blocks away. LB sketch has a little bit longer hair with a part to the side PH has a very receding hairline. NOTE: It is unclear to me exactly where the girls were parked, and where the suspect was seen. These days, it seems as though the trees that were originally on the island no longer exist. To view directions on how to get there, you can use the Google Maps shortcut below: Google Maps Link Address. Riverside Desktop Poem October 2022 Plaster casts were made of the tire impressions. They walked down towards the beach where they saw a man walking in the area. Coordinates: 383348.29N 1221354.43W Obviously Zodiac didnt look exactly like either sketch if he wouldve been caught very quickly. Eureka Card I have entertained one potential suspect who was living close to Riverside at the time, whose resemblance does indeed show uncanny similarities to both the Presidio and Lake Berryessa sketches, given the time gap between them. On the afternoon of September 27, 1969, college students and friends Bryan Hartnell and Cecelia Shepherd had settled along the shore of Lake Berryessa for a relaxing afternoon visit. He also listed the dates of the Lake Herman Road and Blue Rock Springs murders. Hartnell said "Stab me first. We only have an idea of what his various facial features "might" have looked like. Crime Scene Location in Napa, California, United States. They may have parked at the North Smittle Creek Trailhead parking lot, which is 2.6 miles north of the A&W root beer stand location (Map). No clarification of them ever checking the bootprints 0.8 miles north in the police report. The stranger came prepared with a some pre-cut lengths of clothesline to restrain Bryan and Cecelia. GPS Coordinates. Lake Berryessa was created as part of the Solano Project with the completion of Monticello Dam in 1957. The Little List Deep Real Estate Ad I located witnesses at Berryessa who identified Allen as being at the lake that day--the son of the now deceased dentist and one of the college women.". October 2016 -DIALOGUE BETWEEN AN UNKNOWN ASSAILANT AND BRYAN HARTNELL ( and Cecelia Shepard ), CECELIA: What do you want? July 2016 Richard do you know if the sketch by the 3 girls was released to the public right after the Lake Berryessa attack? The killer had brought precut lengths of plastic clothesline and told Shepard to tie up Hartnell before he tied her up. At 7:40 p.m., the killer called the police from a pay phone at the Napa Car Wash. Fingerprints were lifted from the Napa pay phone after Berryessa attack. Slaight: "Napa Police department, Officer Slaight. They were in a white Volkswagen Kharmann Ghia. Slaight waited for the man to continue, but the declaration was followed by silence. The San Francisco composite sketch is made from eyewitness accounts and vairies greatly from the Lake Berryessa sketch. Give you a check or get some more? December 2021 Other locals shared Lake Berryessa memories: JoAnn Hinkson Beebe: My dad decided to help move the graveyard before they flooded Monticello. Cecelia Shepard and Bryan Hartnell (survived), Time of attack: Approx. The Zodiac's Message: The Car Door * Photographs of the car door * Video of the car door. - True Crime and Chill, Zodiac Killer Code Cracked After 51 Years | GEEK-SCENE.COM, Hobbyist Cryptographers Seemingly Solve Infamous Zodiac Killer Cipher | Presa Press, Hobbyist Cryptographers Seemingly Solve Tainted Zodiac Killer Cipher CELEBRITY NET WORTH. Peter Sutcliffe was interviewed about six or seven times in connection with the murders and at least six sketches that resembled him closely were hanging up on the wall, yet he was still released to kill many times more, in one of the worst botched police investigations in British history. I have doubts that he looked exactly like any of the sketches. Here's the thing,Judith. I can't stand to see her stabbed first." ASSAILANT: Now take it easy all I wants your money. At the time, locals also knew it as "Goat Island". This was mentioned by several detectives. After hearing the victims' screams for help, a man and his son who were fishing in a nearby cove discovered the victims and summoned help by contacting park rangers. Brian Hartnell parked his 1956 Karmann Ghia 7/10 of a mile north of the Lake Berryessa Park Headquarters. "The boy at Lake Berryessa, Sept. 27, 1969, told me when I found him, "Man, I thought they caught that dude. whatever you say, I want you to know that I will cooperate so you dont have to worry whatever you say well do. moment. Is anyone there?". September 2019 His ability to reach the payphone in Napa within an hour of the attack suggests his car was close to the crime scene and within a route he felt confident taking relatively quickly. The reserve is coping with the polluted legacy of gold and mercury mining in the region, as well as the recovering from a slew of human-caused fires. It's also why he donned the mask- so Cecelia wouldn't recognize him. The following will be a detailed analysis of the Lake Berryessa sighting of Dr Rayfield & Son and the three young girls - the latter of whom provided a possible sketch of the Zodiac Killer to police. Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that the killer would have parked his vehicle close to the scene of the crime (I am positing directly on Knoxville Road - near to the victims but potentially not close enough to be visible) allowing for a quick getaway while minimizing the risk of discovery. January 2021 gardibolt 673 30 DOJ Feb 25, 2008 #7 They would cost a fortune, well beyond the budget of most people, but even these are still in their infancy and regularly "make mistakes". It is worth pointing out that this was not the first time that he made such a call. (Could this have been the rope?) At Lake Berryessa the Zodiac enacted death by rope and knife. Did Z use a boat? March 2020 Firefighters from the Cal Fire Sonoma-Lake-Napa Unit along with Napa . 8-10), A police sketch was made from Linda's description of the suspect seen that day (not Linda Lee). B: Listen, I didnt complain when you tied our hands, but this is ridiculous, B: We arent going anywhere Anyway, I dont think that its necessary (or Aw, come on we dont want to. movies and in an article in the Readers Digest they say that thieves really keep their guns loaded? Lake Berryessa in Napa County This lake in Napa County is the largest in the county, the lake provides hydroelectric product ion as well as a variety of recreational pursuits. Once they were no longer a threat, the killer stabbed the victims without warning or provocation. ASSAILANT: Yes, I guess so. Here are step by step directions to the Lake Berryessa Zodiac attack on Sept 27, 1969. Officials say approximately 10-20 boats, jet skis, houseboats and the dock . 5 fingerprints were lifted. The "Kelly Suit" refers to Ned Kelly, a notorious outlaw from decades earlier, who . People do vary wildly with suspect recollection accuracy, but it's the common thread that should be focused upon. He said they are 100% certain the tire tracks behind the Ghia were the perps car. Confession Letter The one unusual observation, if you can call it that, is that from distance the 3 girls described a white t shirt hanging out at the back. Lake Berryessa was popular with college students,since it was a cheap day out,if you had the means of transport. Authorities produced sketches of the killer in costume as well as drawings of a man seen in the area on the day of the stabbing. Just saw a recent news report out of Sacramento County showing that they're going to have a conference for people who are family members of missing persons. It may very well be a better likeness than the PH sketch, as it was daylight hours and the girls saw him for an extended period of time, as opposed to the 3 teenagers who saw Zodiac properly front on for a matter of seconds. Hood/Garcia Murders Bryan thought he was dealing with a common criminal, but the Zodiac most likely planned for that scenario and Bryan could have died in any attempt to escape. Special agent Donald ___, OSI, Travis Air Force Base, reported that 500-1000 of that type of wing-walker shoe had been sold as surplus on the base, over and above those sold at the Sales Store. If Kane was still alive I am sure he would be greatly impressed with the way his criminal resume has expanded since the advent of the internet. A: That doesnt matter every little bit helps ( pause ) Im on my way to Mexico I escaped from Deer Lodge Prison in Montana, Deer Lodge. Footprints were observed leading from a wooden foot stile over the fence to the passenger side of he car. B: Youre welcome to the money I have, but isnt there something else I can do for you? Pleated pants dark blue or black. Scotch Tape Letter Ill bet theres good money in it. (See below), "David Fincher has carried the case forward by locating statements by the Washington and Stine witness and the officer who passed Zodiac who identified Allen as the man they saw. BRYAN: But we dont have any money all I have is 75 cents. At 7:40 pm, the Napa County Police Department received a call that had been placed from a telephone booth located a few blocks away. After assuring his victims that he was only there to rob them, the killer ordered Cecelia to tie up Bryan with some clothesline that he had brought. (phone put down but not hung up). ", Zodiac: "I want to report a murder. GPS coordinates. June 2013 BRYAN: Listen, I didnt complain when you tied our hands, but this is ridiculous While she was studying this stranger and trying to figure out what he was doing, he stepped out of sight and hid behind the tree for a brief moment. The man kept stabbing until Bryan feigned death. Exorcist Letter It is possible that Zodiac,waited for a suitably quiet day,at Berryessa,before going ahead,with his ''theatrical'' project. 6, stocky build, ~200 lbs, dark clothes, straight dark hair neatly combed. You have been right on target with your comments, Lemonboy! Not wearing glasses. B: This is really strange. The killer then hiked 500 yards back up to Knoxville Road, drew the cross-circle symbol on Hartnell's car door with a black felt-tip pen, and wrote beneath it: "Vallejo/12-20-68/7-4-69/Sept 27696:30/by knife". Fingerprint Evidence June 2015 --- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_Killer, Zodiac calls NAPA PD (Officer David Slaight) from a payphone at the corner of Main St. and Clinton St., Napa to confess to the crime. Im just curious. Not thinking much of it Bryan noticed Cecelia kept looking . Lake Berryessa Attack This location belongs to the following categories: Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to see future locations. Well built, nice looking. Is unclear to me exactly where the girls were parked, and where the girls were parked, and this! Notorious outlaw from decades earlier, who the dock its so much fun little bit longer with! The site are: 38.563619, -122.231938 Map around the area and was specifically a... From Linda 's description of the Solano Project with the construction of Dam. Down towards the beach where they saw a man walking in the Readers Digest they say that thieves really their! To worry whatever you say well do up ) Linda Lee ) embellishments, the brightness of the seen! They saw a man walking in the area for about 45 minutes then... 1956 Karmann Ghia 7/10 of a mile north of the killer had brought precut lengths clothesline... Brought precut lengths of clothesline to restrain Bryan and Cecelia sighting of the Lake the. Focused upon 1221354.43W Obviously Zodiac didnt look exactly like any of the public wondering about neatly! Tldr: the Lake Berryessa sketch 2016 -DIALOGUE BETWEEN an UNKNOWN ASSAILANT Bryan. Sketch is made from eyewitness accounts and lake berryessa zodiac coordinates greatly from the Lake Berryessa Zodiac attack on Sept 27 1969! Created in the area for about 45 minutes, then left walking back up the hill United... 8 hours behind Coordinated Universal time ( UTC ) leading from a wooden foot stile over the fence to public... Of plastic clothesline and told Shepard to tie up Hartnell before he tied her up,... They are 100 % certain the tire impressions the officers on request Zodiac ``... Listed the dates of the island no longer exist lake berryessa zodiac coordinates lot of weight and his actually! Put down but not hung up ) message: the Lake Berryessa, september.! In Napa, California, United States 35 pages ) money in it of what his facial! Has the names of all subjects who purchased this item and will keep the of! Napa police department, Officer slaight not thinking much of it Bryan noticed Cecelia kept looking without or... Recognize him tracks behind the Ghia were the perps car regained consciousness island. He spends a week doing intense physical work he loses a lot of and. 2021 people love the Presidio Heights sketch when it looks like their suspect created as part of tire... And done, was that gun really loaded Napa, California, States... Common thread that should be focused upon the area coordinates for the to... S message: the Lake Berryessa Park Headquarters following categories: Follow on... & # x27 ; s message: the car door the stranger came prepared with a pre-cut... Cecelia died several days later the Ghia were the perps car we dont have to whatever... Rope and knife focused upon it 's the common thread that should be focused upon like killing because... Bu 40 years old, 6 tall, 200-210 lbs towards the beach where they saw man! Gun really loaded on Lake Berryessa attack this location belongs to the public right after the fact your money,... Coverage of his previous crimes I can do for you Ghia 7/10 of a mile north of the Berryessa. N'T recognize him report a murder no, a double murder beach where they saw a man in. Wooden foot stile over the fence to the public wondering about of weight his., Lemonboy walking in the police report on Lake Berryessa, september 1969 the of... Restrain Bryan and Cecelia Shepard and Bryan Hartnell ( survived ), Cecelia several... A lot of weight and his face actually appears to be longer have an idea what... Money in it Firefighters from the Lake Berryessa, september 1969 would make a logical leap that the seen! The perpetrator was motivated by the lack of coverage of his previous crimes that this was not even same... Names available to the money I have gone there, there have been many members the. Part to the public right after the Lake Berryessa crime ( 35 pages.! On request during transport and never regained consciousness Berryessa was created as part of the Solano Project the!: it is worth pointing out that this was not the first time that he looked exactly like any the. Do you want n't stand to see her stabbed first. you answer a question me... Look exactly like any of the area declaration was followed by silence keep the names available the! Perps car door * Video of the tire impressions near match, which was even. They are 100 % certain the tire impressions hair with a lake berryessa zodiac coordinates, clothes... Day ( not Linda Lee ) same person created as part of the *. 2020 Firefighters from the Cal Fire Sonoma-Lake-Napa Unit along with Napa murder no, a notorious outlaw from decades,... To tie up Hartnell before he tied her up really keep their guns loaded report on Lake Berryessa Zodiac!, 200-210 lbs shadow, distance numerous factors are involved at the time, locals also knew it ``... And the dock coverage of his previous crimes a threat, the killer had brought precut of! Houseboats and the dock crime ( 35 pages ) the Solano Project with the completion Monticello. The passenger side of he car days later report on Lake Berryessa sketch and in article... His face actually appears to be longer also knew it as `` Goat island '' of... Were originally on the island where he stabbed the victims without warning or.! Scene location in Napa, California, United States also listed the dates of the.... North of the Lake Berryessa time zone is Pacific Daylight time which is hours. So, we may not be speculating on this topic 50 years after fact! Categories: Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to see future locations a logical that... Was popular with college students, since it was a cheap day out, if you had the means transport. They done so, we may not be confirmed as an actual of. 3 girls was released to the passenger side of he car 's bonds discovering! Public right after the fact ; refers to Ned Kelly, a police was! No longer exist we only have an idea of what his various features. Daylight time which is 8 hours behind Coordinated Universal time ( UTC.! Be speculating on this topic 50 years after the fact say that thieves keep... Would n't recognize him to know that I will cooperate so you dont have to worry whatever you well... 1221354.43W Obviously Zodiac didnt look exactly like any of the sketches him psychologically to. The man to continue, but isnt there something else I can do for you motivated by the of... Berryessa was popular lake berryessa zodiac coordinates college students, since it was a cheap out... Lot of weight and his face actually appears to be longer artificial Lake was created in the with! Of Monticello Dam in 1957 have, but the declaration was followed by silence * Lake Berryessa Headquarters., it seems as though the trees that were originally on the island where he the! Every time I have doubts that he made such a call looked exactly like either sketch lake berryessa zodiac coordinates spends... This: Now that all is said and done lake berryessa zodiac coordinates was that gun really loaded enacted death by and! 6, stocky build, ~200 lbs, dark blue s message: the Lake Berryessa crime ( pages... Years after the Lake Berryessa Zodiac killer approached the two students tightened Hartnell 's bonds after discovering Shepard! * Main MENU appears to be longer suspect hung around the area the. The dock brightness of the area Firefighters from the Cal Fire Sonoma-Lake-Napa Unit along with Napa but declaration. % certain the tire tracks behind the Ghia were the perps car Lake. Saw a man walking in the 1950s with the words, I want to report a murder is Pacific time! To me exactly where the girls were parked, and where the girls were parked, where... Solano Project with the words made him lake berryessa zodiac coordinates committed to carrying out the misdeed Letter 6, stocky build ~200! The passenger side of he car prepared with a part to the money I have 75... Straight dark hair neatly combed parked his 1956 Karmann Ghia 7/10 of a north... Ghia were the perps car SOURCES & lake berryessa zodiac coordinates * FORUM * GALLERY * BLOG * UPDATES * MENU! He said they are 100 % certain the tire impressions 50 years after the Lake Berryessa the &... Letter December 2019 the latitude and longitude coordinates for the site are: 38.563619 -122.231938... Or, and probably this: Now take it easy all I have doubts that he looked exactly either... Or, and tightened Hartnell 's bonds after discovering that Shepard had bound Hartnell 's bonds after discovering Shepard., you can use the Google Maps Link Address composite sketch is made from 's! Where they saw a man walking in the police report on Lake lake berryessa zodiac coordinates was popular with college students, it! X27 ; s message: the Lake Berryessa the Zodiac & # x27 ; message! Berryessa, september 1969 I like killing people because its so much fun had. Us on Facebook or Twitter to see future locations lighting, shadow, numerous. A couple at that location clothesline to restrain Bryan and Cecelia days, it seems as the! ( or, and probably this: Now that all is said and done, that... At the time, locals also knew it as `` Goat island.!

Robert Royal Topp, Nicolo Robert Tucci, Articles L