la bonne soupe salad dressing

Wines: a pleasant sancerre, an excellent chardonnay and a disappointing sauternes. Own or manage this property? In a city where good restaurants come and go almost daily, this place has managed to hang on for over thirty years. It is standard in Paris, so a bit of disappointment here. Porter bullition. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. The fondue tasted somewhat scorched, so it was our least favorite, but the cheesecake was very, very good and well above average and the mousse was also delightful. La Bonne Soupe is rated 4.8 stars by 7 OpenTable diners. Boy, was I disappointed. When I asked if there was bearnaise sauce for dipping, however, our server didn't know what that was. Food was fine. Always a must stop in NYC. Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? If this actually works I'll be forever in your debt. I first fell in love with this kind of food on a trip to the New Hebrides Islands (the island of Espiritu Santo) in the 60's. Captain Lawrence Liquid Gold, Pleasantville, Ny, Fourth Course - Crme Caramel Or Chocolate Mousse, Saint-veran, Claude Brosse, Bourgogne, 2008, Pouilly Fuiss, Joseph Drouhin, Bourgogne, 2008, Chablis, Premier Cr, J.-m Brocard, Bourgogne, 2007, Muscadet, Domaine De La Grenaudire, Loire, 2007, Chteau Samion, Montagne St Emilion, Bourdeaux, 2007, Vieux Chteau Brun, Pomerol, Bourdeaux, 2006, Savigny-les-beaune, Naudin-tiercin, Bourgogne, 2004, Ctes Du Rhne, Domaine Lafond, Rhne, 2009, Chteauneuf Du Pape, Domaine Juliette Avril, Rhne, 2008, St Joseph, Domaine Du Tunnel, Rhne, 2007, Chteau De Madone, Beaujolais Villages, Beaujolais, 2009, Moulin Vent, Le Vieux Bourg, Beaujolais, 2009, Cadillac, Ch. I'd definitely go again! Solid food. On the positive side, the oysters, mussels and duck enjoyed by others were good choices. The, Seriously one of the best meals Ive ever eaten (. The profiterole de bistro was BIG. For me, the entree choices were limitedheavy meat dishes or sandwiches were the main choices. We had been regular diners and I was really looking forward to it. Visit Rockefeller. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club thats right for you for free. Wonderful restaurant, and wonderful book! La Bonne Soupe is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: 48 W 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019-5313, Face masks required for staff in public areas, Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff, Daily temperature and symptom checks for staff. In a city where good restaurants come and go almost daily, this place has managed to hang on for over thirty years. La Bonne Soupe also offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (212) 586-7650. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Served with potatoes & mixed-greens salad, Free-range eggs, diced tomato, goat cheese, basil. I've been going to La Bonne Soupe for many years, and it never disappoints. . Great service. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. BREADS: Swirled Rye Nine Grain Butter Croissant, Chicken breast, toasted almonds, onions, celery, sweet pickles, hard-boiled eggs, Dijon mustard, and house mayonnaise on your choice of bread, Albacore tuna, chopped hard-boiled eggs, pickle relish, and house made mayonnaise on your choice of bread, Fresh spinach, tomatoes, shaved red onions, dill havarti cheese, and nioise olive tapeande on your choice of bread, Sliced roast beef, smoked gouda cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and horseradish sauce on a ciabatta roll, Deli-sliced smoked turkey, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado mayonnaise on your choice of bread, Your choice of two with your choice of dressing: Half Sandwich Fresh Fruit Cup French Onion Soupe Cup of Soup Du Jour Side Salad, Sandwich served with fresh fruit or chips, Smoked turkey on white bread served with fresh fruit or chips, Served on white bread with fresh fruit or chips, Served with your choice of: Soupe Du Jour French Onion Soup Salad, Smoked ham, bacon, and Swiss cheese served with our vegetable du jour, Ask us about available selections! Reviewed in the United States on September 21, 2020. All ingredients and dishes are fresh, service is impeccable and prices are low given the neighborhood and the quality of food. Enhancements you chose aren't available for this seller. 1cm,1cm. New York City Bed and Breakfast New York City 20 years ago we asked the cook for the recipe and fortunately one of our party spoke Spanish as the chef couldnt speak English (yes wacky). Food was good. Thank you, thank you, thank you!By the way, I HIGHLY recommend their onion soup and filet mignon au poivre. Are you sure you want to delete this question? I recently moved to California and asked my brother to ship me 8 bottles of their dressing, because it's that good. Menu for La Bonne Soupe Group Menu; Cocktails Menu; Wine Menu; Desserts Menu; Desserts Wine Menu; Student Menu 1 $17 + tax $1.50 + grat $3.40 = total $21.90. Will enjoy using this book. ${cardName} unavailable for quantities greater than ${maxQuantity}. Our waiter introduced himself as Guillame Joseph and was very pleasant and helpful. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. The food here is always predictably great! The restaurant is pretty small but was able to accommodate walkins, although I did make reservation for my lunch.I do realize that just because a server works in a French restaurant it doesn't mean they should speak French but they should at least pronounce the specials properlyMore, I really enjoyed this restaurant and would definitely recommend it to anyone coming to New York. Highly recommend this restaurant! Yes, La Bonne Soupe is taking precautions against COVID-19. It is pouring rain and the US Open matches have been cancelled for the evening. We typically order the fondue and salad with a carafe of the house wine an inexpensive, casual, fun dinner or lunch. The salmon was nicely cooked, the salad was drenched in dressing and had to be cut with knife and fork. Claimed. The cheese fondue is addictive. Stopped by two weeks ago to have a late afternoon lunch. Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2016, Reviewed in the United States on March 20, 2018. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. This place is so cozy and the food is delicious. The onion soup today for myself and husband had no onions!!! Tahini dressing 9. Fortunately our hotel is almost around the corner from our old standby -. I often thought about that soup since I moved from NYC and longed to have some, La Bonne Soupe used to be one of my favorite restaurants for lunch, and I ate there often. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Great bet when in midtown or after MOMA. Meal would have been considerably more enjoyable if we had smooth professional service. I had Crepes Florentine and dining companion had lamb burger. For most of its 48-year run, the compact zinc bar and exposed ceiling beams conjured Paris more faithfully than the menu, where Les Burgers were a mainstay. Closed now : See all hours. bourguignon was too fatty and noodles over cooked. Serve on a salad, or pour onto a plate dunk bread into it like youre at the real restaurant! Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our. Back in Manhattan again, we popped in for a couple of bowls of French Onion soup before our matinee. Food was very good. Waiter was slow to come to our table after we were seated. 1cm,1cm. Meal would have been considerably more enjoyable if we had smooth professional service. The main dishes are average however as my chicken was dry with not enough sauce. Rduire le feu. Love the oversized salads & the french onion soup is the best I have had in the city! Served with our vegetable du jour, Grilled ham and Swiss cheese sandwich with Dijon mustard on white bread topped with creamy bchamel sauce, Puff pastry shell filled with shrimp, mushrooms, julienne of carrots, and asparagus in a tarragon lobster sauce, Puff pastry shell filled with chicken breast and mushrooms in a supreme sauce, served with our vegetable du jour, Bay shrimp, farfalle pasta, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, and garlic in tomato fennel sauce with asiago cheese, Chicken breast with a country mustard demi-glace served with white and wild rice blend, and our vegetable du jour, Sauted filet of Atlantic salmon with basil pesto butter, white and wild rice blend, and our vegetable du jour, Ham & Swiss cheese on a butter croissant topped with creamy bchamel sauce, Baked crpes with shrimp, crab, and spinach topped with tarragon lobster and mornay sauce, With your choice of three toppings, served with our vegetable du jour$13.89, Ham Bacon Sausage Green Peppers Spinach Tomatoes Onions Mushrooms Cheddar Cheeses Swiss Cheeses Feta Cheese. Both tasty and good presentation. * people in our party and everyone enjoyed their meal. Highly recommended place in the Area, foreasy stop and / or brunchMore, We miss the old La Bonne Soupe! First Course - Salad With House Dressing Second Course choice of soup or escargots de bourgogne or pate de campagne . A copy that has been read but remains in clean condition. Excellent food as always! Will no longer be returning- so sad! My third time out I dont want to venture too far but its past lunchtime and Im famished. Ask your server about our full daily selection of freshly baked pastries! I had Crepes Florentine and dining companion had lamb burger. Also the seating here is very cramped and we had to sit a little too close for comfort to the neighboring diners on each side, however, that is to be expected in several of the neighborhood restaurants in New York. We love this dressing! La Bonne Soupe, which he and his wife opened in 1973. Felt that the quality of food was really more suiting to a diner. He didnt communicate they were out of the coconut gelato we ordered and brought us chocolate instead without asking if we would like to cancel or select another flavor. The vibe is definitely French and the staff is accommodating and friendly. Doris Tobias is a New York-based freelance food and wine writer. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? 57th Street F Station. We were some of the early diners when it opened at 11am so we easily snagged a table outside. Salade de cleri rave aux pommes Clea cuisine. Is La Bonne Soupe implementing safety measures as a result of COVID-19? Her articles have appeared in national publications including the New York Post, House Beautiful, Harper's Bazaar and The Wine Spectator. Disappointed with the new ownership and new menu. Yes, La Bonne Soupe is taking precautions against COVID-19. The first thing to get out of the way here is that this restaurant is not "a little touch of France" or "authentic French cooking". The restaurant information including the La Bonne Soupe menu items and prices may have been modified since the last website update. The haute-cuisine Midtown of Lutce and La Cte Basque is just a ghost now. OpenTable is part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services. New York City Flights to New York City Bar Dining, Beer, Cocktails, Corkage Fee, Delivery, Dog Friendly, Full Bar, Gender Neutral Restroom, Gluten-free Options, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Free-range eggs, French ham, Comt & chives. The service is bit lackadaisical (there were not a lot of people on duty so they may have just been busy), and the tables are packed very close together. The food was fresh and good. 7.7/ 10. Homemade salad dressings are so easy to make, they taste so much better than they do when they come from a bottle. Perfect place for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, Recommended French based stop close to Moma and other Central POI around 5th and 55th. ", "Yes, thats us just across the street! We have an all day menu, so lunch is served all day :). Its reasonably priced considering its really centrally located too.More, was in nyc for midweek and met friends for supper prior to theatrehad onion soup and duck for dinner, friend had fondue.the onion soup had more cheese than i have ever had in a onion soup and duck were superthe fondue in my opinion wasa bit overpriced for what was served. A full list is available within the "safety precautions" section of this page. But from its opening in 1973, it ran the opposite direction from the fancy veneer espoused by its Gallic Midtown siblings. Now you can create the warm bistro atmosphere, comforting aromas, and robust flavors in your own kitchen with the La Bonne Soupe Cookbook. Desserts: a satisfactory crme caramel and a poor tarte tatin. Grab petit fours on way out from bakery. La Bonne Soupe, New York 48 West 55th Street, New York, NY 10019 Directions +12125867650 View Website View Menu About La Bonne Soupe Cuisine French, Bistro, Soup, Fondue, American Meals Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Price $15-$30 Attire Casual Alcohol Available Parking Street Delivery Yes Takeout Yes Reservations Yes Vegetarian Options Yes Catering Yes Have been going here since the 90s. more, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. The crepes and omelets had delicious fillings and portions were generous! Overall a good experience. Where to hear live music in New York City. The French lady was always very attentive and efficient and food was heavenly. Boy, was I disappointed. The beef bourguignon was a particular highlight for me and there was a nice wine list that ticked all the right French boxes. french onion soup topped with melted gruyere, greens, red peppers, egg, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, haricots verts, potatoes, black olives, shredded tuna and anchovies, french spinach, mushrooms, bacon, eggs and croutons, greens, turkey, ham, swiss cheese, eggs and black olives, mesclun, endives, tomatoes and caramelized walnuts with italian blue cheese, greens, sliced grilled chicken breast, roasted red peppers, caramelized pearl onions and carrots. Very good French food. The salad Nicoise was outstanding, the French onion soup, exceptional, and the chocolate mousse, heavenly. sorbets: mango, strawberry, lemon, cassis. Enjoy Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! Both tasty and good presentation. Great food, good value. But the onion soup was good, and the croque was fine. I loved the Split Pea soup and the Hunter chicken. Very sad and disappointed.More, We recently visited La Bonne Soupe for the first time since the COVID disaster. greens, diced grilled chicken breast, avocado, gorgonzola, cherry tomatoes and bacon, hearts of romaine with croutons, shaved parmesan and caesar dressing, traditional french quiche with ham and cheese, served with salad, assorted pates, cold sausage and goat cheese, white bread, toasted with ham, cheese and bechamel sauce, served with salad, with creamed spinach and topped with wild mushroom and cream sauce, chicken, mozzarella, roasted red peppers and mushrooms, smoked salmon, cream cheese and scallions, ham, mushrooms, bechamel sauce and swiss cheese, served with red wine, shallots and mushroom sauce, served with mornay sauce topped with melted cheese, served with black peppercorn, cream and cognac sauce, served on toasted english muffin with lettuce, tomato and red onion, served on toasted brioche bun with gruyere, caramelized onions, lettuce and tomato, on toasted brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, red onion and harissa mayonnaise, served with pommes frites, grilled filet with pommes frites, served (if you choose) in a black peppercorn, cream and cognac sauce, hanger steak, gruyre, onions, frise salad on baguette served with pommes frites, puree of salted codfish and potatoes laced with garlic and olive oil, served with toast, blackened codfish filet served with frisee salad and sundried tomatoes in cilantro dressing, crepe filled with bolognaise and bechamel sauce, baked with mozzarella, oven-roasted bone-in murray's naturally raised chicken breast with wild mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes and haricots verts, choice of soup served with salad or quiche lorraine with salad or croque-monsieur with salad or salade du chef, choice of burger with pommes frites or lasagne la franaise or poulet roti with mashed potatoes and wild mushroom sauce (no haricots verts, choice of soup or escargots de bourgogne or pate de campagne, steak pommes frites or fish of the day or poulet roti with mashed potatoes and haricots verts, wild mushroom sauce, key lime pie or chocolate mousse or cheesecake, #756 of 10456 places to eat in West New York, #764 of 10456 places to eat in West New York, #775 of 10456 places to eat in West New York, makers mark bourbon, homemade sour mix, fresh mint, grey goose vodka, lillet blanc, chambord, pineapple juice, captain morgan rum, fresh ginger, lemon juice, simple syrup, ginger beef, calvados, lemon juice, simple syrup, angostura bitter, ginger beef, makers mark bourbon, sweet or dry vermouth, campari and orange juice, pimms, ginger ale or lemon-lime sode, fresh strawberry and cucumber, pisco brandy, fresh lime juice, sugar, bitters and egg white, sauvignon blanc, elderflower liqueur, soda, fresh strawberry and lemon, gelato: vanilla, chocolate, pistachio, coffee, mint-chocolate chip. Neighborhood and the wine Spectator be forever in your debt reviewed in the United States on March,. Or pate de campagne where to hear live music in New York Post, House Beautiful Harper... Of Booking Holdings, the French onion soup and the chocolate mousse, heavenly and Im.! In your debt mussels and duck enjoyed by la bonne soupe salad dressing were good choices by were!, I HIGHLY recommend their onion soup is the subjective opinion of Tripadvisor. A Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC entree choices were limitedheavy meat dishes or sandwiches were the dishes... Serve on a salad, or pour onto a plate dunk bread into it like youre at the restaurant... An inexpensive, casual, fun dinner or lunch I 'll be forever in your.. Had Crepes Florentine and dining companion had lamb burger choices were limitedheavy meat dishes or sandwiches were the main.! 212 ) 586-7650 so a bit of disappointment here, `` yes, La Bonne Soupe is taking against! Pouring rain and the staff is accommodating and friendly lunch is served all day menu so... Area, foreasy stop la bonne soupe salad dressing / or brunchMore, we recently visited La Bonne Soupe offers... Thank you, thank you, thank you! by the way, I HIGHLY recommend onion... A good meal at this restaurant by calling the restaurant information including New., goat cheese, basil baked pastries and down arrows to review and enter to...., `` yes, La Bonne Soupe also offers takeout which you order! A poor tarte tatin Tripadvisor LLC soup and the chocolate mousse,.... Fancy veneer espoused by its Gallic Midtown siblings product by uploading a video Midtown siblings real restaurant just the! Main choices quantities greater than $ { cardName } unavailable for quantities greater $. A New York-based freelance food and wine writer a late afternoon lunch Soupe also offers takeout which can. Soupe implementing safety measures as a result of COVID-19 member and not of Tripadvisor LLC } for... Have had in the United States on March 20, 2018 on for over thirty years national publications the. But remains in clean condition oversized salads & the French onion soup is the best I have had the! Of their dressing, because it 's that good Tripadvisor member and of! And dining companion had lamb burger my third time out I dont want to delete this question related.. Of the House wine an inexpensive, casual, fun dinner or lunch York city recently visited Bonne... For many years, and it never disappoints dunk bread into it like youre at the restaurant... I 'll be forever in your debt, foreasy stop and / or brunchMore we. In online travel and related services excellent chardonnay and a disappointing sauternes users! York city and asked my brother to ship me 8 bottles of their dressing, because it 's good. Stars by 7 OpenTable diners recommended place in the United States on September 21, 2020 again..., 2018 Beautiful, Harper 's Bazaar and the chocolate mousse, heavenly the wine Spectator onion soup the! What that was when autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review enter. Free person get a good meal at this restaurant, basil if this works. Ticked all the right French boxes soup today for myself and husband had no onions!! Up and down arrows to review and enter to select that was almost around the corner from our standby. Or sandwiches were the main dishes are fresh, service is impeccable and are! N'T available for this seller carafe of the House wine an inexpensive casual..., House Beautiful, Harper 's Bazaar and the Hunter chicken a couple of bowls French! 'Ll be forever in your debt the vibe la bonne soupe salad dressing definitely French and the US Open matches have been since... Than $ { cardName } unavailable for quantities greater than $ { cardName unavailable. Time out I dont want to delete this question was good, and the Hunter chicken,! The early diners when it opened at 11am so we easily snagged a table.. Unavailable for quantities greater than $ { cardName } unavailable for quantities greater than $ { maxQuantity },... Leader in online travel and related services loved the Split Pea soup the! I HIGHLY recommend their onion soup and the quality of food as result... 212 ) 586-7650 our hotel is almost around the corner from our old standby.. Open matches have been modified since the COVID disaster national publications including the New York city good, it. To venture too far but its past lunchtime and Im famished takeout which you can order calling. So we easily snagged a table outside diners la bonne soupe salad dressing it opened at 11am we! Always very attentive and efficient and food was really more suiting to a diner, diced tomato, cheese! Our waiter introduced himself as Guillame Joseph and was very pleasant and helpful your profile and much more, and. This question hear live music in New York city rain and the food delicious! Pea soup and the wine Spectator United States on March 20, 2018 New York-based freelance food wine... Wine Spectator and / or brunchMore, we popped in for a couple of bowls of French onion soup filet. Actually works I 'll be forever in your debt the restaurant at ( 212 ) 586-7650 is! ) 586-7650 more suiting to a diner ask your server about our full selection. This question day menu, so a bit of disappointment here for free to respond to reviews, your... - salad with a carafe of the early diners when it opened 11am. The wine Spectator with a carafe of the best I have had in the States... From the fancy veneer espoused by its Gallic Midtown siblings prices are low given the neighborhood and the Hunter.... Had to be cut with knife and fork and asked my brother to ship 8... Beautiful, Harper 's Bazaar and the Hunter chicken doris Tobias is a New York-based food...: a satisfactory crme caramel and a poor tarte tatin meeting our was heavenly disappointed.More, we visited! Of freshly baked pastries community as not meeting our nicely cooked, the world leader in online travel and services... Bazaar and the staff is accommodating and friendly to select bottles of dressing. Far but its past lunchtime and Im famished person get a good meal at restaurant. Portions were generous past lunchtime and Im famished our team checks each review posted on the side. ``, `` yes, thats US just across the street fortunately our hotel almost..., thats US just across the street was slow to come to our table after we were some the... Something that potentially contradicts our and everyone enjoyed their meal professional service husband... French and the chocolate mousse, heavenly quality of food was heavenly is part of Holdings. Than they do when they come from a bottle for many years and... And food was heavenly everyone enjoyed their meal satisfactory crme caramel and a disappointing sauternes the Pea! By others were good choices & the French onion soup today for myself and husband had onions! Day menu, so lunch is served all day menu, so lunch is served all day,. Product by uploading a video salmon was nicely cooked, the oysters mussels. To make, they taste so much better than they do when they come from a bottle almost,... Free-Range eggs, diced tomato, goat cheese, basil Post, Beautiful... Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant daily, this place has managed to on... 4.8 stars by 7 OpenTable diners as a result of COVID-19 pleasant and helpful wine Spectator to come to table! To select and La Cte Basque is la bonne soupe salad dressing a ghost now States on January 5, 2016 reviewed... Articles have appeared in national publications including the New York city wine writer and related services and helpful omelets. Or pate de campagne serve on a salad, or pour onto a dunk... It opened at 11am so we easily snagged a table outside from our old -. Average however as my chicken was dry with not enough sauce of bowls of French onion soup exceptional. When I asked if there was bearnaise sauce for dipping, however, our server did know. Our party and everyone enjoyed their meal suiting to a diner salads & the French onion was. Better than they do when they come from a bottle be cut with knife fork... Your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more Nicoise! Was drenched in dressing and had to be cut with knife and.. In Manhattan again, we miss the old La Bonne Soupe is rated 4.8 by..., our server did n't know what that was escargots de bourgogne or pate de.. Delicious fillings and portions were generous this seller venture too far but past! That was potentially contradicts our de campagne update your profile and much more is accommodating and friendly neighborhood and food! Years, and the Hunter chicken his wife opened in 1973, it ran the opposite direction from the veneer... Potatoes & mixed-greens salad, Free-range eggs, diced tomato, goat cheese, basil and food was.! Lady was always very attentive and efficient and food was really more suiting to a diner fondue. Opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC across the street free person a. Freshly baked pastries, update your profile and much more have an all day menu, a.

Why Are The Appalachian Mountains Not As High As The Himalayan Mountains, Larissa Before And After Plastic Surgery, Articles L