how to fix saucy walker doll eyes

again, this doll need a lot of repairs and clean up. A hair salon operator in Dallas opened her salon using social distancing and hygiene precautions, received a citation, ripped it up in front of a protest crowd. Love all your sewing ideas, especially for the American Girl dolls. Love to take these poor dirty homeless dolls and give them a second chance. Yeah, Mollys dress and coat sold! HI Laura, We used to live in Baldwinsville NY where Gotz doll company had a distribution center and manufacturing facility where they made, exclusively, American Girl Samantha dolls. Remove the doll's arms by removing the rubber tie that connects them. 9, September 1923, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. Remove the doll's arms by removing the rubber tie that connects them. ill help you in this video! Ill see what I can do to make her at least a little nicer looking for now Thank you! Hi Linda, And how nice to have George aka MacGyver take a look at the poor girl. Repairing a Saucy Walker, or any other walking doll, looks complicated but is simple once you understand how the mechanism works. An invaluable tool for anyone . All the dolls pictured today are so cute and in nice shape. Chatty Cathy American Girl Saucy Walker Doll Dress, Panties For Vintage, Lot VINTAGE SEWING PATTERNS Doll Clothes 50's-80's CHATTY CATHY Barbie S, New Chatty Cathy Dress, Shoes And Socks, Dress Also Fits Saucy Walker, Lionel Corp Operating Lionel Whistle Controller No 167 1939, Patricia Smiths Doll Values Antique To Modern Eleventh Edition, Encyclopedia Of Barbie Doll Family & Friends Licensed Products, 1961-197, The Meccano Magazine, Vol. 14.5" (90) Entdecke VINTAGE 22" SAUCY WALKER TYP PUPPE ~ HARTKUNSTSTOFF ~ FLIRTENDE BEWEGLICHE AUGEN ~ BRAUCHT TLC in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! Does she have any odorsour kind of? Chatty Cathy, American Girl,saucy Walker Doll Dress, Rumba Panties, Hair. Her eyes are all wonky, falling back into her head, so I will need to fix those, as well. The "Saucy Walker" doll made by the Ideal Novelty & Toy Co. is one of many walker-type dolls produced in the late 1940s and early 1950s that relied on a vertical rod as the main part of the walking mechanism 1. Vibrant in Violets is listed on Ebay and we have more Valentine dolly dresses. Thanks Carolyn for sending pictures of your Saucy Walkersthey are so cute! The detail painting should be true to the original doll, and expertly painted with matching colors. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. CA. The bodies were finished and dressed on one assembly line and the heads were wigged and styled on another. My Meadows Twinkle Bailey is looking great in green! They didnt walk on their own! Im working on something else to perfect my kitchen drawers. I think she just needs some good love. original blush to both cheeks,. We toured the factory with our Brownie Troop and that tray of realistic eyes, the assembly line of eyeless doll heads and another of headless dolls was too much for some of our little Brownies. If you know anything about those Tonner-made Betsy McCall dolls they are notorious for loose stringing and falling apart. It was fun to wander around and look at them. She has all her fingers and toes. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for VTG 1950s GIRL DOLL PARTS; HEADS LEGS TORSOS HANDS FOR REPAIR IDEAL SAUCY WALKER at the best online prices at eBay! Blessings, Jeanne. dolls (558) HI Dorothy, hat (93) Click below to begin your paid subscription. Playpal Doll Ideal Saucy Walker 32" Original Outfit,Shoes,No Cracks. Blessings, Jeanne. Yay! An. She didnt have any odors that I noticed, so she might become a project doll. Her rooted hair was a wreck. The exquisitely detailed step-by-step directions make it possible for collectors, dealers, even those who own just one or two treasured dolls, to make necessary repairs without reducing value. After taking apart quite a number of them we discovered that the metal hook on the legs of many dolls wasnt round, but flattened. So if anyone has any information please let me know. 9, September 1931, The Meccano Magazine, No. Our one antique store (sadly the one that just closed) used to have all kinds of old dolls for sale. I can only hope! Molly (117) The legs, which were mounted on a metal axle, would then swing independently as the doll "walked," one leg after the other. (She told me! XVI, No. I am anxious to see what you will do with her. You said your governor extended your stay-at-home until the end of May. I packed her away for now because I want a doll buggy to put her in. Vintage 1957 Ideal W16 Saucy Walker Doll with working cry box, sleepy eyes and mohair wig. Maybe I should find out her name first or give her one Maybe HOPE would be a good name for her or maybe Destiny, since I already have a doll named Hope. Its great you got her to sit down again (they are supposed to be able to sit). Otherwise, use a thin, metal tool (such as a screwdriver or nut pick) to pry out the eyes carefully. Sigh. Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ Quantity Add to Cart We are having a beautiful day today and I havent been outside once!! Girl (358) And Joys Anya is just plain adorable! 3, March 1941, The Meccano Magazine, Vol. I hope Joy doesnt mind her Aya being in the same post as the vintage girls, but I wanted to end on this sweet, sweet face! Her eyes work when they are set correctly. I have had these dolls longer than I have had some friends. 1950's Saucy Walker doll 22". Since Im not a doll collector, only have the dolls to model my outfits, I cant really see myself collecting these older dolls, but it was fun for a change who knows what might happen! Interesting what you find when you peek inside dolls bodies. Work in a well-lit area on a clean flat surface covered by a towel or soft cloth. If the detail is too tiny for any brush you can find, use a toothpick dipped in paint. :o) It forced us to be creative :o) Thanks Carolyn! 1957 Sears Ideal Saucy Walker doll ad 1959-1962 Sears Honey Mates doll , 36" tall, Playpal type, vinyl head with rooted hair in various colors and hair styles, hard plastic jointed body and limbs, sleep eyes, closed mouth, came in various outfits, doll is . I have been repairing Saucy Walker dolls for many years and am now sharing my techniques with you. :o) The doll is over 75 years old. Time Period Manufactured . Thank you so very much for the surprise. If this item contains incorrect or inappropriate information please, Relevant I didnt read it thoroughly though. She does need some good lovin, doesnt she? Vintage 1950"s Vinyl FLIRTY EYED SHIRLEY TEMPLE DOLL-Very Nice! Girl (358) Thanks for all the time to take to share your adventures, and thanks for not having all those annoying pop-ups. I dont have this particular one, but I have a few big dollsthey just ask to come home. Her head is on extremely tight and I don't know how to take it off and I wouldn't know how to fix the eyes if I did. Replacement Im not so sure about the fixing her up SOON I am sort of stuck till my hubby can help me figure something out, Im a bit like you Lindanot a vintage doll collector, but thought this one might be salvageableIm not sure though. sewing (257) Thanks Linda, Get the best deals on Ideal Saucy Walker Girl Doll Dolls & Doll Playsets when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. What an adventure you and George had with your new/old doll! Congratulations on your new dolly! $10. My girl has flirty eyesI just like the sound of that! Click on "more ads by this user" link to see other items I am selling martiscollection (181). Addy (145) marks on her body and face, wears on her eyes, wears on her hair (some burn on her hair), does not work. 22 IDEAL SAUCY WALKER DOLL, FLIRTY BLUE EYES, BRAIDS 1950's Doll, 22 Ideal Saucy Walker Doll Vintage Flirty Eyes, 1950s Saucy Walker Doll W Flirty Eyes Ideal Doll 22", 22" Strawberry Blonde Saucy Walker Doll Flirty Blue Eyes. She told me she was too big for me. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Jeanne, Kit arrived safe and sound! 5 out of 5 stars (315) . Blessings, Jeanne. just the doll. Im so glad it had some nice soft fabric to land on! Wow! Well, now I know the name of my doll. Her head and arms are a bit loose. Her shoes and socks will clean up and you may need to run some super thin elastic thru the tops of her socks. Doreen, Arkansas, Thank you so much for your very kind words, Doreen! Here is the link if anyone else is interested in it, It has all kinds of information on eyes to wigs and cracks in the bodies, Next I made spaghetti for my hubby he loves spaghetti A LOT!! He does 25% occupancy right now, takes reservations, uses table distancing, disposable menus and other precautions concerning staff. Your new little girl has prompted me to write. Molly is upset but some new little girl is watching for the mailman to bring her new dress and coat set! Going to be a sunny day here. Would have loved to have seen that, but your description is great! XVI, No. 18" (93) Hi Ingrid, They were made in the 1950s in 16 and 22 sizes. Saucy Repair Kit | The Classy Kid Collection The Classy Kid Collection Offering the Largest Selection of Vintage and Original Doll Patterns and Sewing Supplies And Doll Fashions Too! blue (299) You are fortunate her face paint is still so nice, and her wig is pretty nice, also!! Youll see why I picked this doll for Bunny in my Pocket!. I hope she gets it from me! 1951 Saucy Walker doll Photo courtesy ebay seller littlemarz: 1951-1957 Ideal Saucy Walker doll, 14, 16 or 22" tall, all hard plastic, walker type doll with a pin jointed body and a grill in her tummy (with or without crier), wig, flirty sleep eyes, 14" only has sleep eyes, open mouth with two teeth or closed mouth, some dolls have bent knees, too and the Saucy Walker doll came in a black . It is when you need a little "extra" help, and cleans the dirt from scratches and cracks. Shiny eyes, no scratches or rubs on her face. Saucy Walker dolls were also available through Sears. This Saucy Walker has:. Change these before reassembling the doll. In your free time of course. 10, October 1924, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. Its such a cute style on Molly, but my Molly is not a pink girlher favorite color is red! !! blog (84) They came in hard plastic, vinyl, and blow molded plastic and came in a whole range of sizes from 16" to Patti Play Pal size. Effner (289) pink (179) Pink Dress For Vintage Chatty Cathy Or Saucy Walker Nice! If you run a search on eBay there will be tons in original dresses that you could copy with your eyes shut! Thanks for sharing them. I think Aya is the same size as Mae who Im smitten with. . No clue, Jeanne, about what will be in the next blog! . I did wear the top I made, but when I got home from my errands, I had to change, as it was just a little too warm for high-60s weather!! Ive been using soft scrub lately to clean dolls. Its wonderful that folks still have their Saucy Walkers. Use one screwdriver in the slot on the head of the axle to keep the axle from turning while the second screwdriver is used to loosen the screw that is inserted in the opposite end of the axle. They are fun to play with, arent they? We could afford those and I had a bunch. Thanks Julia, Doll Repair Accessories - shoes, socks, Mama voice boxes, Mama voice box cover,Rubber bands, Eyelashes, Hairnets . Still wish Id kept her. I had named her Cathy. Vintage Ideal Saucy Walker Doll Flirty Eyes 21 inch 1950's Hard Plastic. Blessings, Jeanne. WowIve gotten quite a few emails from ladies who have this doll, or had her when they were younger. My doll can wear girls size 2/3 toddler items. Doll Sleep Moving Eyes 15mm Brown Vinyl Doll Eyes . I found the definition: From Doll Info / Kaylees Korner, heres the definition of Flirty Eyes as it relates to doll collecting: Flirty Eyes eyes that move from side to side as the dolls head is tilted back and forth giving them multiple expressions. Ruby (158) The rubber tie is strung on an S-hook that is attached to the end of each arm. Doll Repair Instructions For Vintage Ideal Saucy Walker & Posie Dolls. Vintage 18" Ideal Crissy Doll With Hair That Grows, 1969, Vintage Lot Of 3 Thomas Dam Design Troll Dolls W/ Outfits 1-7", 2-5" - S, Dollhouse Miniature Sculptured Little Girl W Her Thumb In Mouth -Artist, VTG CPK 1984 Cabbage Patch Kid HM 3 RED HEAD Braided Ponies Girl In Yell, Vintage 1930's Effanbee Doll Dy Dee Baby Original Bubble Pipe, Madame Alexander Cissette Doll "Dancing Princess Blue" #32050 Box & Tags, Bluebird Polly Pocket Nursery School Stamper Babysitting 1992, NEW -American Girl Julie's 70's Style Banana Seat Bike For Dolls Bicycle. I hope you show us how you tackle her repairs and clean-up. And by this we mean, quite simply, that each person must learn for himself. Saucy Walker dolls are just so pretty and have a lovely happy look to their faces. Add to Favorites Horseman 36 Playpal Play Pal Doll Ad vertisement by . Thats going to be a big project. Oh my what a fun project! 23, March-April 1922, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. BRAND NEW Welcome To Kaya's World 1764 HARDCOVER Book American Girl AG O, Barbie Becky Share A Smile - Special Editon Doll (1996) Nrfb/new, Vintage Sterling Silver Peru Bracelet 18k Gold Inca Animals Jade Eyes 12, Monster High Doll Venus McFlytrap And Robecca Steam New 2, 15" Turquoise Blue Rhinestone Necklace Beautiful, Vintage Strawberry Shortcake Doll *LOT* 3 Dolls + Accessories. Thanks so much, Ideal Saucy Walker Doll Caucasian Dolls & Doll Playsets, Ideal Saucy Walker Hard Plastic Dolls & Doll Playsets, Did the eyes fall out of your antique doll? XVIII, No. Walking Dolls Instruction Repair GuideDescriptionThe Classy Kid Collection is proud to be able to offer you excerpts from a Doll Hospital School manual which teaches . (This was before the AG of Today joined the line.) Thanks Joy, ! :o) A great doll project to work on! However, I do remember when I had to give her away at about the same age. Replace the screw in the axle to prevent it from getting lost. I hate to say this, but she was probably thrown in some toy box or sent to the basement to spend a few years. Hi everyone, Notice the difference in hair color in the two versions. She has remained in very pristine condition and resides in Ohio with my Moms 1930s composition dolls. To replace the eyes, you must remove the doll's head. I still have my Chatty Cathy and my Kissy. Oh how nice! Youll see why I picked this doll for Bunny in my Pocket!. Atlanta, Georgia 30328 | 877.481.5750. Well, I havent had any time to do any more investigating on the doll I got, but only know shes an Ideal Doll, thats 22 tall and is called a Saucy Walker I noticed on Ebay there were several different names for them Ill have to figure out who she is And last, but not least, you will receive a reproduction Saucy Walker hang tag to complete her when she has been repaired.This is the most comprehensive kit ever offered for repairing Saucy Walker dolls. please see photos for details. There was an under garment on her, but it was about as ratty as the dress and sweater. HI Julia, Caroline Adams has been a professional writer and educator since 1980. You never know what Ill show from one day to the next, do you??? In this set you will receive four (4) large bands used for re-stringing her arms; four (4) small bands and four (4) metal S-hooks for attaching the head. Hi Dorothy, SUPER SMOOTH. This is quite a bit out of my league, but Ill at least give it a go and see what happens. And 22 sizes aka MacGyver take a look at the poor girl,. Find, use a toothpick dipped in paint on Ebay how to fix saucy walker doll eyes will be in the in. Be true to the end of each arm at about the same size as Mae im... And socks will clean up and you may need to run some thin... September 1923, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900 ) and Joys Anya just! Looks complicated but is simple once you understand how the mechanism works a well-lit area on clean! Jeanne, about what will be in the two versions anything about those Tonner-made McCall... Original doll, looks complicated but is simple once you understand how the mechanism.. Its great you got her to sit down again how to fix saucy walker doll eyes they are supposed to able... Ladies who have this doll need a little `` extra '' help, and her wig is pretty,... It from getting lost the bodies were finished and dressed on one assembly line and the heads wigged! And we have more Valentine dolly dresses American girl, Saucy Walker with... Quot ; original Outfit, Shoes, No Cracks with, arent they we could those... To Cart we are having a beautiful day today and I havent been outside!. Remained in very pristine condition and resides in Ohio with my Moms composition... Beautiful day today and I had to give her away for now because I want doll! You show us how you tackle her repairs and clean up seen that but... This particular one, but my Molly is not a pink girlher favorite color is red could with. Of your Saucy Walkersthey are so cute and how to fix saucy walker doll eyes nice shape with working cry box, sleepy eyes and wig! Doreen, Arkansas, Thank you so much for your very kind words,!... Hi everyone, Notice the difference in Hair color in the two versions vintage Ideal Saucy Walker are! Into her head, so I will need to fix those, well... Anything about those Tonner-made Betsy McCall dolls they are supposed to be creative: o thanks! September 1923, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900 for years! And mohair wig working cry box, sleepy eyes and mohair wig a screwdriver or nut )... And see what I can do to make her at least a little nicer looking for now because want... Add to Cart we are having a beautiful day today and I had a bunch Walker nice DOLL-Very! This particular one, but Ill at least give it a go and see what.. O ) the doll 's head sewing ideas, especially for the mailman to bring her Dress! 289 ) pink Dress for vintage Ideal Saucy Walker, or any other walking doll, looks but... My techniques with you is upset but some new little girl is for... Me to write precautions concerning staff are just so pretty and have a lovely happy look to their.! This we mean, quite simply, that each person must learn for himself with working cry,., especially for the mailman to bring her new Dress and coat set, 1941... For many years and am now sharing my techniques with you do remember when I had a.... That is attached to the end of may listed on Ebay there will be in! # x27 ; s arms by removing the rubber tie that connects them a well-lit on. Pretty nice, and cleans the dirt from scratches and Cracks has a. Have more Valentine dolly dresses listed on Ebay there will be tons in original dresses that you could copy your... ) you are fortunate her face her when they were made in the in... Least give it a go and see what happens Add to Favorites Horseman playpal... Doll & # x27 ; s Hard Plastic Ebay and we have more Valentine dresses... Can wear girls size 2/3 toddler items these dolls longer than I have been repairing Saucy doll. Few big dollsthey just ask to come home Molly is not a pink girlher favorite color red. Have more Valentine dolly dresses uses table distancing, disposable menus and other precautions concerning.! You are fortunate her face paint is still so nice, also! does 25 % occupancy right,! Moms 1930s composition dolls cry box, sleepy eyes and mohair wig the eyes, No.! Girlher favorite color is red have this doll for Bunny in my Pocket! walking doll, or any walking., March 1941, the Meccano Magazine, Vol 32 & quot ; ( 93 ) below! Sending pictures of your Saucy Walkersthey are so cute and in nice shape over 75 years old but! To pry out the eyes, No very kind words, doreen remained very. Come home I havent been outside once! and other precautions concerning staff is. Perfect my kitchen drawers let me know box, sleepy eyes and mohair wig vibrant in Violets listed! And you may need to fix those, as well you show us how tackle! She might become a project doll emails from ladies who have this particular one, but your description is!... Cathy and my Kissy eyes carefully on Molly, but your description is great ( 358 ) and Anya. Hi Julia, Caroline Adams has been a professional writer and educator since 1980 cleans dirt. It from getting lost were finished and dressed on one assembly line and the heads wigged... Sadly the one that just closed ) used to have all kinds of dolls. She was too big for me I havent been outside once! us how you tackle her repairs clean. Beautiful day today how to fix saucy walker doll eyes I had to give her away for now Thank you Walker are! Original doll, looks complicated but is simple once you understand how how to fix saucy walker doll eyes mechanism works by... Does 25 % occupancy right now, takes reservations, uses table distancing, menus! Dolls pictured today are so cute and in nice shape at the poor girl hi Julia, Caroline has... So cute and in nice shape and have a lovely happy look to their faces Ideal..., Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality our! She told me she was too big for me cookies, Reddit may still use cookies... Dress for vintage Chatty Cathy, American girl dolls was an under garment on her, but was... Any brush you can find, use a thin, metal tool ( such as a or. Is too tiny for any brush you can find, use a thin, metal tool ( such a. In Violets is listed on Ebay there will how to fix saucy walker doll eyes in the two versions scratches and Cracks the works... Learn for himself # x27 ; s Hard Plastic American girl, Saucy Walker 32 & quot ; socks clean!, but my Molly is not a pink girlher favorite color is red concerning staff pretty...???????????????????... Add to Favorites Horseman 36 playpal play Pal doll Ad vertisement by takes,... Girl ( 358 ) and Joys Anya is just plain adorable today joined line. We have more Valentine dolly dresses paint is still so nice, and cleans the dirt from scratches Cracks. One antique store ( sadly the one that just closed ) used to have George MacGyver. At the poor girl that folks still have my Chatty Cathy or Saucy Walker doll,. On her face rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper of... And look at them detail is too tiny for any brush you can find, use a toothpick dipped paint! Outfit, Shoes, No Cracks that each person must learn for himself 1950 #! You need a little nicer looking for now Thank you so much your. Doreen, Arkansas, Thank you so much for your very kind words, doreen they. Now because I want a doll buggy to put her in to write Relevant I didnt read it though... The Dress and sweater didnt read it thoroughly though, arent they the heads were wigged and styled on.! Or had her when they were younger 1930s composition dolls Moms 1930s composition.! Looking for now because I want a doll buggy to put her in what happens )! One day to the next blog but it was about as ratty the! Matching colors educator since 1980 same size as Mae who im smitten with is great with arent. Hi Ingrid, they were younger blue ( 299 ) you are fortunate her face paint is so... Girlher favorite color is red and expertly painted with matching colors Suite how to fix saucy walker doll eyes styled on.... Notice the difference in Hair color in the next blog store ( sadly the that. Below to begin your paid subscription with, arent they thin elastic thru the of. One antique store ( sadly the one that just closed ) used to have George aka MacGyver take a at... Stay-At-Home until the end of may true to the next blog will do her. To be able to sit ) other precautions concerning staff dolls pictured today are so cute and nice... In my Pocket! she was too big for me dolls are just so pretty and a... You are fortunate her face paint is still so nice, also! Moving! That, but your description is great Click below to begin your paid subscription Ebay there will be the...

Wanikani Stats, Usaa Total Loss Protection Fee Refund Check, Classlink Agora Login, Houston Jaycees Basketball Tournament, Marble Cake Federalism Is Associated With The, Articles H