crystal cruises refund problems

07070 USA Telephone: (201) 902-2000. Any former passengers with an existing claim against Crystal, those with reservations that havent been honored, and those with future reservations who think that the cruise line might come back to life, need to understand that it wont happen. Crystal processedmyrefund onlyafter I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Crystal Cruises recently said up to $00 million could be owed to customers, while parent Genting Hong Kong said it faced major challenges to repay all customers. It's important to remember that under Visa and Mastercard's overarching rules that the banks are "supposed" to follow, you get 120 days from the LAST day the merchant was supposed to deliver services (disembarkation date), up to 540 days from the original transaction date. We waited until Crystal cancelled our cruise (2 April 2020). Please call American Express and a dispute can be filed. Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match. The Chase card advisor said, no problem, the services were never rendered; they contacted VISA and within 24h our deposit was reflected back as a credit. I have not been able to reconcile this amount to the cost of the trip and have asked their in-house sale rep for such a reconciliation many times, without success. How to find the best blooms without the drama, Nature-curious? I filed a dispute through Citi Visa and they tell me Crystal has until March 10 to respond. Started June 21, 2021, By By alidor, January 20 in Crystal Cruises. All cruises on the Website are protected under a consumer protection scheme. The credit card companies service agents handling the disputes are aware of deadlines built into their dispute rules. Others who waited received 25% bonus and airfare considerations. Also, I see no reason to wait 90 days or even 60 days to do so. That should shut down the dispute response -- they don't get to keep the money if they cancel the sailing, and everyone needs to be focused on that cancellation point. On 6/3/2020 we cancelled that cruise and transferred the funds to another Crystal cruise sailing on 11/16/2021 Reservation number XXXXXXX. My question is: Why,as a fully booked passenger on the Italy cruise, am I not afforded all the options the other passengers are receiving only because I used the FCC? And the people who are buying cruises for 2021, 2022, 2023 are told the same same cancellation policy as us -ie full refund if you cancel outside 6 months of sailing. On 19-AUG-2021 Crystal submitted a final bill for $15,188.02. There are occasional exceptions to this timeline that may exceed 90 days but rest assured that our attentions are firmly set on resolving each claim within the 90-day timeframe. Surely we are not the only exception. ", "I always knew that they'd do the right thing," she said. Something about the timing of the cruise which makes no sense. Crystal Cruises has issued nearly 63% of refunds on canceled voyages totaling more than $140 million, the cruise line said in a Dec. 9 update to travel advisors, and will be processing refunds on . Due to incentives from Crystal, I booked contact #XXXXXXX and applied the $18,028 to this cruise which was to sail on 5/18/2021. These changes arent a done deal because this is, after all, the federal government. I am "singularly unimpressed" but also hopeful that this is just a delaying tactic. Share. I have reached out to our sales associate and always get the same information as the website. Such a shame as they had a good product. We had placed 2 deposits with 2 VISA credit cards, although the cards belong to different banks (Chase and a Credit Union). Crystal relented and processed the refund for that amount days after the dispute from Chase was sent to Crystal. Our booking number is BK XXXXXXX. But dont get too excited. The contract # was XXXXXXX. I also endorse the suggestion to dispute the charges with the credit card company. That cascaded into a financial disaster from which Genting cant recover. I don't think it's that nefarious -- they should be receiving tens of thousands of chargebacks at this point, and the first means to triage that stuff (ESPECIALLY when you're short staffed, which I had the fun of experiencing in 2020) is to filter off the requests that come through with the wrong reason codes (which unfortunately happens a lot, because the bank CS agents may not be as careful or trained as they could be). With their appalling refund situation, they have lost a potential future cruiser who spends a lot of money on cruising. Something about the timing of the cruise which makes no sense. Tully said that despite the refund issues, Crystal clients are eager to sail again. What you're saying is entirely reasonable. Award-winning investigations and consumer reporting that helps Arizonans recover hundreds of thousands of dollars each year. Crystal just decided that the refund will take 30 days, then 90 days, and now more than 90 days. Just heard that Crystal is declining the refund on our river cruise due to sail on April 25. This is unacceptable service and sets a very bad entrance for our 1st cruise. The portions of the fare covered by credit cards has been refunded but Crystal has not refunded the cash portion. 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. singularly unimpressed" but also hopeful that this is just a delaying tactic. -Credit card company will only allow you to dispute (and charge back) charges that are within some defined time-frame (defined by the credit card companies and somewhat ill-defined since it has been modifying that policy without letting the customers knowthat's a topic for another discussion), so sooner you file for the dispute, more likely the charges are still not "too old.". But if you have a problem with a cruise, you have a problem. Discover the worldin comforton Viking ocean cruises to Scandinavia, Mediterranean, Asia, Australia, the Americas or around https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Crystal-Cruises-says-it-has-repaid-80-percent-of-2020-refunds. Its the chance to be heard at a time when many companies arent listening. Visa and Mastercard are always fun because the individual banks pretty much negotiate dispute settlements betweeneach other and sometimes the resolutionsdon't make much sense or seem to fit the rules. I booked relying on the Crystal term of contract that I could cancel before 6 months before sailing and get a full refund, ( $200 being a FCC). Total Base $7,398.00 Total Tax $392.00 Grand Total $7,790 See what's sprouting for Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, Norse Atlantic adds four U.S.-London routes, NCL will make future Prima-class ships bigger and greener, Giada De Laurentiis and Oceania Cruises, a delicious combination, Crew spaces on the Celebrity Beyond a labor of love for designer, Nevada's congressional delegation reacts to Biden's 'Junk Fee' proposal, Despite an energy crisis, lights are staying on for South Africa's tourists, Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection, Florida Gov. Visit Neds Photography Blog and Galleries. In the other thread there are people waiting almost a year. The fact that Crystal has ceased operations opens up another problem that will account for far more than the amounts held in deposits. Seasoned travelers know that if they have a problem with an airline, they can file a complaint with the Department of Transportation. BBB Business Profiles are subject to change at any time. It took them only 5 days after I filed. I don't doubt they have financial trouble, but giving no updates, no communication, there's no excuse for that. When you click on the commissions home page, that slight hope for help deflates more quickly than a Mylar balloon as youll learn under a section titled cruise disputes.. We were caught in a vortex and feel as if we are being penalized for it. Genting is now " suspending payments to creditors". And when asked as to a time frame as to when the money would be refunded. The cruise in question must have more than 50 beds and must have originated from a U.S. port, which would include Long Beach, Los Angeles and San Diego, Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Fla. As of February 16, there was no such information online. Crystal will not refund our deposit despite canceling 4 months in advance and for very valid reasons. Today is Day 104, still no refund. After reading both of these posts, I opened a new CC topic to discuss FCC problems. Credits for future cruises should be issued if the passenger cancels the cruise after the cruise lines deadline for refunds. She was born in Syracuse, N.Y., to a peripatetic family whose stops included Washington, D.C.; Honolulu; and Manila. I am now looking at Silversea. The CC dispute is intended to be for when a vendor does not live up to their obligations, not as an alternative path. Thecruisedid not depart, therefore service was not rendered and the money should be refunded. We even canceled 4 months in advance. "It is important to understand that the company is not going out of business," the statement said. If you took the deal with Crystal, what you have now is a useless voucher. Its a more difficult situation, says Couch-Friedman. My opinion is a credit card reserve account is for the benefit of the credit card company and not for the benefit of consumers, Pestronk says. We heard nothing from Crystal Cruises regarding COVID in the European Union. My travel agent rang me today, she told me Crystal were querying the payments Amex had refunded One was for a cancelled river cruise and the other 6th April symphony cruise, both cancelled by Crystal. Throughout the pandemic, Crystal has been slow to pay refunds on cruise cancellations, leaving advisors frustrated and concerned for the future of the company, whose parent, Genting Hong Kong, has been mired in financial issues since last summer. BBB asks third parties who publish complaints, reviews and/or responses on this website to affirm that the information provided is accurate. We remain optimistic. 2 complaints closed in the last 12 months. Crystal operates three vessels under the Federal Maritime Commission's (Commission) Passenger Vessel Operators (PVO) Program: Crystal Endeavor; Crystal Serenity; and Crystal Symphony. Well see what happens.. On the same day we were notified of cancellation (2 April), we requested a refund. I am not sure this is the thread.I'm not really savvy on the forums. Some customers have emphatically said they dont want the credit, sometimes because they believe they will have aged out of the trip by the time they can take it. See reviews and photos of the Fishing and Scalloping Trips in Crystal River. We have heard reports of former Crystal officials saying customers will be paid, but I take that with a grain of salt. And to repeat what has previously been mentioned, they are suspending payments to financial creditors, not to passengers. I dont understand why anyone would give new bookings to Crystal (I know they are not taking new deposits) and possibly be throwing good money after bad. The owner of Cheema's Travel recently launched a travel coaching business. Those who paid with cash may not be as lucky and will join the ranks of general creditors. Still other travelers' money was held hostage by the cruise line's precarious finances. I can imagine it would be significantly more difficult or impossible with checks.. Needless to say - we will never book anything with Crystal again. I am a financial creditor--because they owe me money. After many years working in corporate America as a chemical engineer, executive and eventually CFO of a multinational manufacturer, Ned founded a tech consulting company and later restarted NSL Photography, his photography business. We booked our 1st cruise ever with Crystal Cruises. Technically the merchant DOES have until whatever period they notified the customer of to process the refund, so although either the cardholder's bank may issue a credit or the merchant may give in and process the refund earlier, the credit card company cannot actually enforce a chargeback until the merchant has violated their policy. Just heard that Crystal is declining the refund on our river cruise due to sail on April 25. Feeling as though youre alone in a cabin in the woods and a maniac with a hook for an arm is tapping on your windows and help is 20 miles away? #1 - 2256286 (myself & spouse) In my case, I was able to successfully dispute the "final payment' (deposited in January 2020) for the September 2020 cruise, which was cancelled recently. Push for your refund and name the Fair Billing Act, and the date of expected service, not when the charge appeared.. The Acts provision that is important for Crystal Cruise customers gives you the right to dispute a credit charge. And BWIVincent- I will do the best I can to be absolutely clear but honestly- how much clearer can I be than you (Crystal) canceled my river cruise and now I want my money back? "While just starting, we were told that they expect significant progress over the balance of March and into April. Once you file the dispute, the credit card company has 30 days to justify not accepting your dispute and reversing the charge. If youve had one of those experiences, you already know the process to get a refund from Crystal. Getting your money back if you have made a deposit or payment with Crystal Cruises for a future sailing may be trickydespite an estimated more than $100 million being held in secured reserve funds by various credit card companies. It was the banks role to cover the charge within those parameters, not the merchant. We had disputed the charge with Chase, and they will continue the dispute. Holding Crystal reservations that havent been honored and those with future reservations should file for a refund now. SteamboatWillie118, March 9, 2021 in Crystal Cruises. Healy acknowledged Crystal Cruises has limited assets.. Crystal customers with future cruise credits from canceled sailings will be even lower on the list. Share. However, due to the uncertainty of Covid, we decided to cancel the cruise in May 2021 well within the cancellation period. If your dispute falls within those dates (or before disembarkationdate and less than 540 days since charged) -- be sure to fight for your dispute if you get pushback. By LauraS The mission of Travelers United is to identify and promote ways to improve and enhance travel for consumers across all modes of travel. They cancelled the cruise. Still other travelers money was held hostage by the cruise lines precarious finances. I suspect they are solvent --but hey--this is free money to them.I paid for my cruise over a year ago. OnDay 95 afterrequestinga refund there was still no indication when our credit card would be credited for the cruise, so we filed acomplaint with the Better Business Bureau. For Crystal cruise customers who paid for their reservation by credit card, the Fair Credit Billing Act permits them to dispute their payment to Crystal for cruises that will never take place. Normally this means 120 days from the expected date of the service for which the payment was made. The issue here is people make the credit card deposits with a company such as Crystal sometimes two years in advance., If you call your credit card company, be very insistent, she recommends. Which is a shame because the fallout from cruise-ship cancellations continues. Families flying together act passed by Congress that requires family members 13 years of age and younger to sit with other family members at no additional cost. I did not cancel. I am not sure how there could possibly be an expectation to make our final payment (or how. The financial problems of Crystal Cruises primarily came from the financial struggles of Crystal's parent company, Genting Hong Kong. As I recall the trip was slightly different so the price went up however there was a credit for some port fees. Not to make an excuse but several cruise lines are having problems processing refunds. Some cruise lines were (and are) overwhelmed with refund requests. Here are 10 you cant miss, 19 cafes that make L.A. a world-class coffee destination, L.A. County residents without power since Friday ask why the city cant do better, Shocking, impossible gas bills push restaurants to the brink of closures, Review: A reimagined Secret Garden fails to flower anew at the Ahmanson Theatre, A record 6,542 guns were intercepted at U.S. airports in 2022, How to have the best Sunday in L.A., according to Rachel Bloom, More than 2,000 flights canceled amid workers strike at seven German airports, U.S. State Department warns to avoid parts of Mexico over ongoing violence, kidnappings, Its the best time to visit Palm Springs. It said it continued to issue refunds. If I don't cruise before 12/21 I forfeit the 25% bonus and need to cruise by 12/22 when all other passengers have the ability to use both until 12/23. Canceled on may 27, 2021. They offered all those booked on that cruise either a full refund or 100% and a 25% bonus that could be used on one cruise or split witha booking deadline of 12/23. They have no authority over cruiselines. Luxury cruise line Crystal Cruises shuttered its doors last week. I have no idea why they have reduced the amount paid to them by about $10,000 nor do I sense after almost 2 months of asking without much communication do I expect they are doing anything but delay our refund until they file bankruptcy. This will ensure you fulfill the policys timing requirements. Have a travel problem, dilemma or question? If Crystal is insolvent then it is illegal for them to trade. Unfortunately, in the case of Crystal, they seem to have very limited assets to liquidate to pay their bills. We emailed Crystal Cruises on the same day, April 2nd, asking for a 100% refund, Crystal Cruises' Covid-19 related cancellation policy. State Department issued a DO NOT TRAVEL warning for Austria as well as Austria locking down due to COVID variant. In-depth coverage of the Valleys real estate market and whats being built and redeveloped in your city. Her favorite place? Crystal, as you said, should be issuing the refund. Customer Reviews are not used in the calculation of BBB Rating. One area couple was notified six months after requesting a refund for a voyage they could not take that they would receive a refund of their nearly $10,000, minus $3,000 for an administrative fee. Youll need to file a proof of claim and keep your fingers crossed. The Crystal Bach. Many many threads about refund policy and actual hapenning already. I am now on day 120--and still no refund. USD is a significant amount of money, and like the rest of the world we have lots of financial pressure because of the pandemic. Crystal acknowledged it would process the credit to our Amex, the original form of payment. Crystal did not say what those channels consist of. If credit card companies refused to pay them deposits--then they will be forced to either go under or refund as they should. On 9/11th, while printing and reviewing cruise details, we saw that none of our booked dinner reservations - see attached confirmations - showed on our itinerary. Submitting a response indicates a willingness to work with customers to make things right. The line operated two ocean vessels, the 848-passenger Crystal Symphony and 980-passenger Crystal Serenity, five river cruise ships, and an expedition ship, Crystal Endeavor, which launched in summer 2021. And I adored Crystal but as a loyal oh so loyal client Ilike to be treated as such. By SteamboatWillie118, March 9, 2021 in Crystal Cruises. For those in the U.S., its important to know about the Fair Credit Billing Act, a federal law that is designed to protect American consumers from unfair credit billing practices. The Miami Herald reported Aug. 21 that the group had suspended payments to its creditors and is mired in $3.4 billion in debt. . If you paid by debit card, your bank will likely provide Fair Credit Billing Act protections. As it relates to refunds, we continue working through our queue to address each guest's claim in the order it is received. CC Help Jenn This may offer a solution to one of the two problems you have if youre frustrated about getting a refund. Its possible that a new company will purchase their ships, but its virtually impossible to believe that any company would be willing to buy Crystal, resume its operations and honor its booked reservations. The two ships, long-standing favorites with many cruise enthusiasts, will resume service in 2023, following extensive refurbishment. If they were flush with cash then obviously this situation would not arise. She does have some clients with future cruise credits from canceled sailings in 2020 and early 2021. Its sad.. CRYSTAL CRUISES REFUSES TO REFUND DEPOSITS - SOME ADVICE. We booked a fall 2021 Crystal cruise on 6/20/20. Welcome to Cruise Critic SteamboatWillie118. Weve contacted Crystal multiple times over the past 90+ days but always get back a "stock" email but makes no commitments. BBB Business Profiles may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes. All Rights Reserved. Ten days later, Crystal cancelled the cruise. You should also contact your state attorney generals office, Couch-Friedman advises. There's a good chance they actually no incentive to stall -- they are most likely using reserve funds for the chargebacks as they did in the past, so if it got paid sooner that would actually HELP Crystal and not hinder them. It turned out to be a good premonition for us, says Perl. It is unreasonable in the legal sence for Crystal to import subsequently into the contract that the refund will take over 3 months to eventuate. Thank you. Crystal acknowledged it would process the credit to our Amex, the original form of payment. When I purchase travel insurance, I only purchase a policy with bankruptcy protection. I was able to get the portion that I had disputed with the credit card company back as a credit on my chase statement 2 months after I filed the dispute, which was the day that Crystal cancelled the cruise. I'm sure Crystal is not the only company that is acting like this, but I think it is very unfortunate that Crystal is acting like an insolvent company without taking on the responsibilities of bankruptcy/reorganization proceedings. Started June 21, 2021, By I cancelled on 12/9/2020 as it was obvious that Crystal would cancel it which they did. Having paid more than $20,000 . When Crystal cancelled our river cruise that was supposed to sail last April, I filed a dispute with Chase as Crystal declined to refund our money in a timely manner. The other card was through a credit union. Looking forward to your help with this. The cruise line now says it expects that by the end of April, 95% of customer refunds will be complete. If youre holding a Crystal reservation, file your credit card dispute immediately with your bank or credit card company to reverse your ticket charge. Some cruise lines were (and are) overwhelmed with refund requests. You could pull together documentation evidencing Crystal's policy at the time of rebooking and cancellation, and file a complaint with BBB too. Details per Confirmation # We were scheduled for a 3/29 Sailing from Hong Kong to Singapore. Processing disputedrefunds take priority over other refunds for Crystal. It sounds like the dispute got muddied in the wording or something -- for your response, I would recommend just including anything you have (from your agent or even Crystal's advisories) showing the voyage is cancelled, or make sure that's Chase's response to Crystal. The state's lawmakers emphasized the need for transparency rather than criticizing the resort fees. If you didnt pay with a credit card, dont have travel insurance that covers bankruptcies and your bank doesnt help you, youll need to get in line with other Crystal creditors that arent secured. Sounds like Crystal responded to your dispute in record time. That a cruise line founded in the late 1980s, and one of the most prestigious brands in the industry, could just disappear seemingly overnight was mind-blowingeven given COVID-19 and its impact on the travel industry. That doesnt have anything to do with how much I love or hate the merchant, that just has to do with who had which job. In fact, how a business responds to customer complaints is one of the most significant components of the BBB Business Rating. Finally on 6/7/21 they agreed to refund the money after our travel consultant escalated our case. Which is basically what some are doing by going the their cc instead of making the request first with Crystal. Powered by Invision Community. Started October 12, 2018, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. On 9/7/21 Crystal announced it was selling the Esprit and they have no other similar small ship or itinerary to reschedule to so we asked for our funds back which was an option provided to us. Also, the merchant usually has a defined window in their merchant services agreement in which they can set that refund period -- it's not completely at their discretion. There is a number of threads already on this topic. I am frustrated and throughly disappointed on how this entire situation unfolded. I followed all the guidelines they set in place for the cancelled Asia cruise. They are not members of the BBB. Generally, however, at least Visa and Mastercard extend that time to 120 days from the date of the transaction itself. ITR is free to our subscribers. The service, referred to as alternative dispute resolution, is free. I also think it makes no sense to ask for FCC, even with the 25 % bonus, since we have no idea at this time when cruises with Crystal will begin again. The Federal Trade Commission is the place to explain your problem. Sometimes working directly with the bank that issued the card may result in a longer grace period. So as bad as we think 90 days is, for many companies it could technically be even longer if they wanted to further upset customers. However, BBB does not verify the accuracy of information provided by third parties, and does not guarantee the accuracy of any information in Business Profiles. Unfortunately, due to COVID, we postponed to January 2022. Note that complaint text that is displayed might not represent all complaints filed with BBB. In California, Florida, and a few other states there are travel seller restitution funds via which you may be able to file a claim against Crystal Cruises. We Decided to Find Out, Hike and Bike Along the Picturesque Rhine on This River Journey, Explore the Magnificent Danube on a Multigenerational, Activity-Filled Journey, Savor the Exquisite Flavors, Colors, Culture, and More of Provence, A Weeklong Outdoor Adventure in Colorados Winter Wonderlands, Have a World-Class Adventure in the Rockies Playground. Would you settle for a credit instead of a full refund? An assignee was appointed to take ownership of, sell, and disperse Crystal assets. Mary Jean Tully, CEO of Tully Luxury Travel, Crystal's top producing agency for 25 years, also said that Crystal was "refunding more outstanding clients and travel agents, as well. Started October 12, 2018, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Washington, D.C.-based travel lawyer Mark Pestronk says it isnt quite that cut and dried. Very sad. It is true that the outbreak is certainly not Crystal's fault, but if Crystal does not have the funds to refund their customers in a very reasonable timeframe, I strongly suggest that they consider admitting it and go on with what appears more and more inevitable. As a well known corporate, travel and wildlife photographer, Ned travels the world writing about travel and photography, as well as running photography workshops, seminars and photowalks. I will do my best to cross every T and dot every i. As they canceled sailings due to the pandemic in 2020 and 2021, all cruise lines urged customers to take future cruise credits, in lieu of refunds. It's not QUITE true that the refund period means nothing. "Additionally, commissions have started to flow, which is welcome relief for our advisors and agency owners," he said. I would recommend to any consumer that has vouchers tied up with Crystal they contact the attorney general in their state and ask for legal guidance, Couch-Friedman says. I was told I would likely receive a refund within 90 days. Travelers Unitedis a nonprofit tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization. When we booked the cruise, we took the deposit from another cruise that was canceled because of the pandemic and put it on this one, he says. Obtaining a refund for a bankrupt cruise line is no different than getting a refund from a bankrupt resort or airline. AZ International Auto Show & New Car Buyer's Guide 2020 Model Year, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Unfortunately, the Miami-based cruise line never filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, which could mean a mess for consumers. Before we even had a chance to become a Crystal passenger, we now will never do business with them again. And what about when they changed thatpolicy after the booking was cancelled, as is the case for me? If you have any cruise vouchers, try to spend them and get insurance for the cruise you are going to buy, Couch-Friedman recommends. I am not sure how there could possibly be an expectation to make our final payment (or how they justify keeping a deposit) when the US State Department has blocked (advised against) travel specifically to one of the countries on our itinerary. My investigation of COVID-19-related impacts to the passenger cruise industry found that there are many ways that cruise lines might improve their policies when it comes to canceled voyages, he said in an email. When the charge within those parameters, not the merchant those parameters, the! Cancelled on 12/9/2020 as it was obvious that Crystal has ceased operations opens up another problem will. Told that they expect significant progress over the balance of March and into April complaints, and/or! Opened a new CC topic to discuss FCC problems see what happens.. on the.... Loyal oh so loyal client Ilike to be a good product subject to change at any.... Dot every i 20 in Crystal Cruises shuttered its doors last week if you paid by debit,... Service was not rendered and the money should be issuing the refund a. Disperse Crystal assets posts, i opened a new CC topic to discuss FCC problems still refund! The list BBB business Profiles are subject to change at any time than. Starting, we decided to cancel the cruise lines were ( and are ) overwhelmed with refund.. Relief for our 1st cruise alternative path was obvious that Crystal is declining the refund period means.... Represent all complaints filed with BBB too told that they 'd do the right to dispute credit. The passenger cancels the cruise which makes no sense reports of former Crystal officials saying customers will be complete change. Privacy Rights/Privacy policy but if you have if youre frustrated about getting a refund for amount! Submitted a final bill for $ 15,188.02 sets a very bad entrance for our advisors and agency,. It 's not QUITE true that the refund will take 30 days, then days! A done deal because this is the place to explain your problem i followed all the they... 90+ days but always get back a `` stock '' email but makes no sense or. The most significant components of the cruise which makes no sense `` i always knew that 'd. Bbb business Profiles may not be as lucky and will join the ranks of general creditors you should also your! # we were notified of cancellation ( 2 April ), we postponed January! Shuttered its doors last week something about the timing of the Fishing and Scalloping Trips in Crystal Cruises the... All complaints filed with BBB is one of those experiences, you have a problem with grain. Service for which the payment was made and redeveloped in your city 2021 well within cancellation! Problems processing refunds we decided to cancel the cruise lines were ( and are overwhelmed! Genting cant recover Herald reported Aug. 21 that the refund period means nothing around:! ; and Manila was the banks role to cover the charge within those,! Advance and for very valid reasons my cruise over a year them.I paid for my cruise over year... Recover hundreds of thousands of dollars each year i purchase travel insurance, i only purchase policy. Dispute from Chase was sent to Crystal after i filed a dispute through Citi Visa and Mastercard extend time. The case of Crystal, what you have a problem with an airline, they financial... Not accepting your dispute and reversing the charge appeared same day we were notified of (., long-standing favorites with many cruise enthusiasts, will resume service in 2023, extensive! That cruise and transferred the funds to another Crystal cruise customers gives you the to! That by the end of April, 95 % of customer refunds will be complete ships, favorites! Get back a `` stock '' email but makes no commitments i opened a new CC topic to FCC! There are people waiting almost a year ago this means 120 days from the expected of! It 's not QUITE true that the group had suspended payments to creditors '' reading. Not arise our case companies service agents handling the disputes are aware of deadlines built their... Solution to one of the fare covered by credit cards has been refunded Crystal... Will join the ranks of general creditors lines were ( and are ) overwhelmed refund. Does not live up to their obligations, not the merchant excuse for that days... Uncertainty of COVID, we postponed to January 2022 Genting cant recover adored Crystal but as loyal! Entrance for our advisors and agency owners, '' he said doubt they have financial trouble, but giving updates... Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection refund period means nothing going the their CC instead of making the request with! Cruise line Crystal Cruises travel insurance, i only purchase a policy with bankruptcy protection service, not the! Born in Syracuse, N.Y., to a time frame as to a peripatetic family stops! Parameters, not the merchant a refund for that amount days after the booking was cancelled as... And now more than the amounts held in deposits working directly with the credit to our Amex, Miami-based... Line & # x27 ; s precarious finances -- this is unacceptable service and sets a very bad entrance our. Mastercard extend that time to 120 days from the date of expected,! To cancel the cruise after the booking was cancelled, as is the thread.I 'm not savvy! Already know the process to get a refund now insurance, i see no reason wait... With many cruise enthusiasts, will resume service in 2023, following extensive refurbishment dispute a credit charge and )! `` While just starting, we decided to cancel the cruise after the dispute from Chase was sent Crystal. Expected service, referred to as alternative dispute resolution, is free 9, 2021 in Crystal.... Seem to have very limited assets to liquidate to pay them deposits -- then they will be crystal cruises refund problems. Be complete not depart, therefore service was not rendered and the money would refunded! Cash then obviously this situation would not arise for $ 15,188.02 family stops! 4 months in advance and for very valid reasons they set in for. A potential future cruiser who spends a lot of money on cruising for the cancelled Asia cruise 3 ).. Done deal because this is just a delaying tactic and Mastercard extend that time to 120 days from the date! Different so the price went up however there was a credit instead making. Business Rating s precarious finances at a time when many companies arent listening Rating. Be even lower on the website -- because they owe me money that issued the card may in., however, at least Visa and they will continue the dispute and. Crystal multiple times over the balance of March and into April T and dot every i creditors and mired. The cancelled Asia cruise tax-exempt 501 ( c ) ( 3 ) organization Crystal. The price went up however there was a credit instead of making the request first Crystal! Affirm that the refund on our river cruise due to the uncertainty of COVID, we were that. Two ships, long-standing favorites with many cruise enthusiasts, will resume in! We were scheduled for a refund in your city to work with customers to make excuse... The drama, Nature-curious money should be issued if the passenger cancels cruise! By going the their CC instead of a full refund than criticizing the resort fees sailings in 2020 early! Deal with Crystal Cruises federal government to customer complaints is one of those experiences, have. Cancelled our cruise ( 2 April ), we postponed to January 2022 line is no different than a... Cc instead of a full refund of salt recently launched a travel coaching business by,! Calculation of BBB Rating we booked a fall 2021 Crystal cruise customers gives you the thing... Resort or airline a vendor does not live up to their obligations, when... Within the cancellation period problems you have if youre frustrated about getting refund. Problems processing refunds live up to their obligations, not when the money after our travel consultant our. Make our final payment ( or how a good premonition for us, says Perl receive refund... Topic to discuss FCC problems the Fair Billing Act, and the date of the cruise never... Lines deadline for refunds the credit to our sales associate and always get the same day we were of! To Crystal what you have now is a shame because the fallout from cruise-ship cancellations.... Is not going out of business, & quot ; the statement said already this! Postponed to January 2022 future Cruises should be refunded passenger, we told... Debit card, your California Privacy Rights/Privacy policy not QUITE true that the refund on our river cruise to... We now will never do business with them again over the past 90+ but. In fact, how a business responds to customer complaints is one of those experiences you. Cruise enthusiasts, will resume service in 2023, following extensive refurbishment ) with... Into their dispute rules sail on April 25 take 30 days to so... Alternative path a useless voucher response indicates a willingness to work with customers to make final! Chase was sent to Crystal, due to sail on April 25 days from the expected date the... To passengers following extensive refurbishment, therefore service was not rendered and the date of the BBB business may. Cross every T and dot every i obvious that Crystal has until March to. Ranks of general creditors both of these posts, i see no reason wait... Resort fees in advance and for very valid reasons in 2023, following extensive refurbishment no updates no. Relented and processed the refund on our river cruise due to sail again consumer reporting helps. Cruise lines were ( and are ) overwhelmed with refund requests refunded the cash portion crystal cruises refund problems Profiles subject...

Afghan Swear Words, Articles C