acme, washington homicide

He couldn't get life because prosecutors did not charge him with premeditated murder they were not sure they could convict him of that charge. An autopsy report was expected today on Amanda Stavik, 18. When the results came back from the state crime lab, Basss DNA from the soda and cup were a 1 in 11 quadrillion match to DNA recovered from the dead young woman, prosecutors say. Stavik, 18, was home from college for Thanksgiving when she disappeared. Anderson and Backstrom had creepy encounters with him around the time of Stavik's murder, but they had never come forward with their suspicions. Peter Van Sant: Why did you stay with him? The Whatcom County Sheriff's Office has arrested the third man it suspects was involved in a planned robbery that ended in the death of a woman in Acme . Peter Van Sant: Mandy had come home for Thanksgiving break. The case went cold, and the murder hung like a dark cloud over this community for the next two decades. Despite that testimony, defense attorney Shoshana Paige has an explanation for his behavior. Then, almost 25 years later, a new suspect emerged, and he had lived right in Mandy's neighborhood. Peter Van Sant: Tim says he's an innocent man. And I did leave, actually. Crime in Acme, Washington Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime) Acme violent crime is 16.4. April 10, 2020 8:02 AM. The rape charge had been thrown out due to the statute of limitations expiring. Please share your experience here: Woman." Tom Bass: Social interaction's never really been natural to him. What do you say to someone like that? And for the past 25 years, Tim had been living a quiet life in a nearby community, married with three children, and driving a delivery truck for a bakery. When authorities tested the cup, Bass DNA matched the DNA taken from Staviks body. Acme jobs have increased by 1.7%. The conversation shifted to the Stavik murder. Jim Freeman was Mandy's high school basketball coach and gave the eulogy at her memorial service, attended by nearly a thousand people. Nearby Cities With Low Crime Rates Cities with similar population Geographic Variation Among counties with 20 or more homicides in 2009- Merrilee Anderson: So, I open the door and there's Tim Bass at the door. And which, you know, whatever. They got some background from his younger brother Tom Bass. Gerber is suspected of driving the vehicle that hit and killed Sather Saturday morning, April 4, at the South Fork Park in Acme, according to Whatcom County Superior Court records. And we know that she was kidnapped, she was raped, and then she was killed. In 2013, investigators went to Bass workplace, a bakery outlet store, in the hopes of obtaining a DNA sample from his delivery truck. Gerber said he, Mulryan and OKeefe, who was seated in the back, drove to the park just before dawn Saturday. And his employer, Franz Bakery, would not voluntarily allow investigators to swab for a sample without a warrant or subpoena. Starck Follis is one of Bass' defense attorneys. We had posters on the wall and maps. Heather Backstrom: No friend or family in the community that I lived in, 'cause of the weight of that. Robert John Bardo traveled from his home in Arizona to West Hollywood to kill the actress in cold blood in a crime that shocked Hollywood. And it was kinda, like, "OK, I think we're bein' played here." Kim Wagner, part of that trio of women, credits Mandy's hometown of Acme. Hours later, the dog returned home, but Ms Stavik did not. he said that he used to drive by our house. Kevin Bowhay: I didn't believe him. The community could feel safe and be whole again. COURT CLERK: We the jury find the defendant Timothy Forrest Bass guilty . Peter Van Sant: For you, that moment when you're seeing the family embrace and the tears, did you think, "This is what justice looks like? Sather and two friends drove to the park early Saturday morning, April 4, to buy illegal drugs. What a birthday present.". And we went through everything just like the attorneys did. Did you sleep the night before? TOM BASS [on witness stand]: He said that the cops are lying, everyone's out to get him. And he apparently had a pistol with him. Gerber was formally charged Tuesday, April 7, with first-degree murder and first-degree robbery, according to Whatcom County Prosecuting Attorney Eric Richey. Authorities began searching. Kevin Bowhay: So, about three months later, we got the results from the state crime lab and Katie from the crime lab says, "Kevin, we've got a match.". Det. He who could who could forget Mandy Stavik? (The US average is 22.7) Acme property crime is 50.0. Reporter Denver Pratt joined The Bellingham Herald in 2017 and covers courts and criminal and social justice. Like, you have to be careful about what you say. Det. In the fall of 1989, Ms Stavik was a freshman at Central Washington University. When asked about Mandy, Bass pretended he didn't even remember her. Go get make me food.". In an Instagram post he said he could now breathe independently following his suspected poisoning last month, Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga, former Defense Minister Shigeru Ishiba and former Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida celebrate after Suga was elected as new head of the ruling party at the Liberal Democratic Party's leadership election in Tokyo, A man stands behind a burning barricade during the fifth straight day of protests against police brutality in Bogota, Police officers block and detain protesters during an opposition rally to protest the official presidential election results in Minsk, Belarus. That it was Tim Bass. ACME, Wash. (AP) _ A college student who disappeared while jogging alone was found dead in a riverbed three days later after a search by neighbors and residents of this small Northwest town. WATCH NIGHTLINE EPISODES: abc.go.com/shows/nightline ALSO AVAILABLE ON HULU: hulu.tv/2wSmSrZ #Nightline #MandyStavik #KimWagner #TimBass #KevinBowhay #ColdCase #CollegeStudent, convicted Bass of murder in the first degree, Murdered UNC Students Family Thinks Her Roommate Knows More Than She Is Telling. It was June 2013. Anderson told CBS News that Bass was a friend of her husbands and that one night a few years after Staviks death, he came to their house and made sexual advances toward her. Peterson, and so many others in the small community of Acme, Washington, are still emotional even 30 years later. WEATHER & CLIMATE Acme police department Sex offenders in Washington There are a total of 6,688 sex offenders in Washington. I think that he really thinks that women are inferior to him. When the results came back from the state crime lab, . Acme, Washington (WA 98220) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, news, sex offenders Acme, Washington detailed profile Toggle navigation Forum Cities Cities Schools Schools Neighborhoods Neighborhoods Assessments Assessments As kids, they palled around together like most brothers. Then, in 2017, detectives returned to the bakery and encountered the woman who helped them land the case by providing the information about his 1989 deliveries and the Coke can. ''All these terrible things, all you can think is it doesn't happen to you. Peter Van Sant: And what are you feeling at this moment? Is anyone feeling that the mom has strong narcissistic vibes, I worked on both cases. Ron Peterson: It was like an assault on all of us. Jim Freeman [emotional reading card]: "For Mr. Freeman, the one person who has inspired and influenced me more than anyone. The fast moving Glass fire has burned over 1,000 acres and has destroyed homes, A villager along with a child offers prayers next to a carcass of a wild elephant that officials say was electrocuted in Rani Reserve Forest on the outskirts of Guwahati, India, The casket of late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is seen in Statuary Hall in the US Capitol to lie in state in Washington, DC, An anti-government protester holds up an image of a pro-democracy commemorative plaque at a rally outside Thailand's parliament in Bangkok, as activists gathered to demand a new constitution, A whale stranded on a beach in Macquarie Harbour on the rugged west coast of Tasmania, as hundreds of pilot whales have died in a mass stranding in southern Australia despite efforts to save them, with rescuers racing to free a few dozen survivors, State civil employee candidates wearing face masks and shields take a test in Surabaya, A man sweeps at the Taj Mahal monument on the day of its reopening after being closed for more than six months due to the coronavirus pandemic, A deer looks for food in a burnt area, caused by the Bobcat fire, in Pearblossom, California, Anti-government protesters hold their mobile phones aloft as they take part in a pro-democracy rally in Bangkok. Although his DNA did not match the crime scene, Bowhay still wanted to talk to him again. All that promise came to an abrupt end in 1989, when the college freshman came home from Central Washington University for Thanksgiving. Det. Ron Peterson: I immediately went, "Oh my God, she was runnin' away. Det. Molly Brighton: It was such a relief. COST OF LIVING Compared to the rest of the country, Acme's cost of living is 8.0% higher than the U.S. average. The state's case is simple: DAVE MCEACHRAN OPENING STATEMENT: The defendant's DNA was inside her. This week on ID, the team at 20/20 examine this tragic case that devastated this rural, tight-knit community. You're 15 years old. Later, a detective called back, asking if Bass ever ate food at work. The investigation stalled yet again until police received an unexpected helping hand. For prosecutor Dave McEachran, it's been a long road to justice. Senator Murray Highlights Millions in Funding to Fix Water Supply Issues, Promote Drought Resilience in Central WA. "No." Friends of Mandy described him as a loner and an oddball. He had moved out of the area a couple of months after the murder. And that's what I thought. "I'm gonna find something. Det. But Kim Wagner knew she had one more job to do. He didn't rape anyone. Det. It was it was agonizing As hard as it was, I I knew I had to do it. Although no one testified to ever seeing Tim Bass and Mandy together, juror Ed Beaman says they had a lot to discuss. Kevin Bowhay: This is the Standard Road where Suchy was observed. This goal was based on a 10% improvement from the national age-adjusted homicide rate of 6.1 in 2007. (The US average is 22.7) Acme property crime is 50.0. TIM BASS INTEROGATION: It was more of a friendship-type thing, we just talked. Peter Van Sant: And back in 1989, 1990 Did they go to the Bass household and question people there? It also happened to be her birthday. Read More . So, I grabbed it and then I was like [laughs] I threw it in my desk drawer. Whatcom County Sheriff Larry Mount said she was murdered. GINA MALONE [on witness stand]: He asked her, "Can we say dad did it?". Many people were looked at for her murder in Acme, Washington, including the Green River Killer. Kevin Bowhay: No. Ron Peterson: We're upstream from where I recovered her. In the same filings, Basss wife ominously claimed her husband often watched cold-case, true-crime television shows. Belinda Temple from Katy, Texas, appeared to have a bright future. Gerber said he accelerated to 30 mph and started swerving, but Sather was holding onto the truck. On the Friday after the holiday, Ms Stavik left for a jog around 2:30 p.m. wearing a light-coloured sweatshirt, green sweatpants and blue running shoes, according to the Herald. Mandy Stavik's killer Timothy Bass was caught in the most unusual way when police got some help from Bass' coworker Kim Wagner. Bass was sentenced to 27 years in prison. And Wagner says she experienced Tim's low regard for women. He says various indicators say it was much sooner. Acme is located in the South Fork Valley between the northern Cascade Mountains and Lake Whatcom. Kevin Bowhay: I believe whoever was chasin' her caught her and and hit her in the head, knockin' her out and then placed her in the river to make sure she drowned. The police were again circling the Franz Bakery Outlet in the spring of 2017, hungry for information, and now she knew why. Peter Van Sant: Any criminal record? He kept to himself, and, for the most part, worked and came home. The Whatcom County Sheriffs Office has identified another man wanted in a planned robbery that ended in the death of a woman in Acme over the weekend. On November 24, 1989, 18-year-old Stavik was home from college for Thanksgiving when she went out for a run near her home in Acme, Washington, and did not return. But they wanted to cast a wider net of potential suspects to be sure they were on the right path. Two days later, they discovered a pair of abandoned green sweatpants in the woods. An autopsy revealed drowning as the cause of death; she had also received a blow to the head and had been sexually assaulted. Do you, This was definitely in IL because we are friends with, Hi. Right after that conversation, on December 12, 2017 28 years after Mandy had been found dead police arrested 50-year-old Tim Bass in the bakery parking lot. Twenty-nine years and six months to the day had passed since Mandy Stavik was killed. If Washington's current homicide rate remains steady, Washington will also meet this goal. 2013 of aggravated first-degree murder for the murder of Correctional Officer Jayme Biendl on Jan. 29, 2011 while she was on duty at the Washington State Reformatory Unit of the Monroe Correctional Complex in Snohomish County. Kevin Bowhay: They got a warrant and got his DNA and he was ruled out. More Economy. Please enter valid email address to continue. It was a town where everyone knew each other and it had a safe and friendly feel about it. The friends told sheriffs office investigators that after Sather stuck her arm into the passenger side to exchange the money for drugs, the truck took off with Sather hanging onto the side, court records state. The population is 220. Also, he was charged with first-degree rape and first-degree kidnapping too. And it may well not have been a sexual assault. "Then why would your DNA be inside her? At trial, Mandy's mother Mary. A scholarship fund has been set up in Mandy Stavik's name at Mount Baker High. Peter Van Sant: And what? But it wasnt a clean getaway, 20 pounds of meth sailed from Bellingham on a ferry, rolled into burritos, Defense attorneys seek dismissals in cases against Bellingham school administrators. Mary Stavik: Definitely closure, I feel. GINA MALONE [on witness stand]: She put her hands over her face and like this [covers her face with her hands]. Heather Backstrom: He would talk about my eyes and say that my eyes were beautiful. JUDGE OLSON: If you would like the opportunity, now is the time. According to a news conference held after Basss arrest by Whatcom County Sheriff Bill Elfo, eventually his investigators tried to shake loose names from the community in the 2010s. "So, you didn't even kiss her or anything?" Gerber told investigators he remembered the passenger door opening and Sather falling to the ground. However, after hearing each other's stories, Anderson decided to talk to police. Kim Wagner: And I asked if her family knew. He began scouring the case file, pouring over old leads and old suspects. I was "every juror, please do the right thing. DAVE MCEACHRAN | PROSECUTOR: She was raped and then was killed and deposited in the river and drowned in the river. It didnt take this long. The sheriff's office never gave up on Mandy [emotional]. Thank you, you're the greatest. KIM WAGNER [on witness stand]: If Tim was potentially involved in that crime, I wanted to do the right thing for Mandy. Hearing Backstrom's story, Anderson told her ownwhich was far more chilling. Mary Stavik: And he says, "We've got him." 2019 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. Wagner came up with a plan to help police get the DNA they needed to connect Bass to the crime. Kim Wagner: My gut said it was him and my heart said it wasn't, because I just didn't really want to think that we all were betrayed. this is an investigation based on the faulty assumption that this is a sexual assault. She understood. Tim had always been a loner, but as a teenager he began to reveal deeper issues. In 2010, he traveled all the way to Cambodia where Wisnewski now lives to question him. I looked in the garbage and my heart was likebeating out of my chest, Wagner told ABC News. I'm gonna get you something.". Testifying for the prosecution, is the woman who helped retrieve the DNA evidence that linked bass to the crime scene. And I had hoped, at that point, the family could heal. She was runnin' away from whoever had her. Last August, a judge ruled the evidence was admissible because the woman came up with the idea on her own. Acme Neighborhood Map. Abe announced he will resign over health problems, in a bombshell development that kicks off a leadership contest in the world's third-largest economy, Residents take cover behind a tree trunk from rubber bullets fired by South African Police Service (SAPS) in Eldorado Park, near Johannesburg, during a protest by community members after a 16-year old boy was reported dead, People scatter rose petals on a statue of Mother Teresa marking her 110th birth anniversary in Ahmedabad, An aerial view shows beach-goers standing on salt formations in the Dead Sea near Ein Bokeq, Israel, Health workers use a fingertip pulse oximeter and check the body temperature of a fisherwoman inside the Dharavi slum during a door-to-door Covid-19 coronavirus screening in Mumbai, People carry an idol of the Hindu god Ganesh, the deity of prosperity, to immerse it off the coast of the Arabian sea during the Ganesh Chaturthi festival in Mumbai, India, Firefighters watch as flames from the LNU Lightning Complex fires approach a home in Napa County, California, Members of the Israeli security forces arrest a Palestinian demonstrator during a rally to protest against Israel's plan to annex parts of the occupied West Bank, A man pushes his bicycle through a deserted road after prohibitory orders were imposed by district officials for a week to contain the spread of the Covid-19 in Kathmandu, A car burns while parked at a residence in Vacaville, California. WSDOT traffic camera image. His brother Tom took the stand. So, cops called the bakery where Tim worked and spoke with his boss, Kim Wagner. Det. Staggering snowfall in California mountains leaves residents trapped for days, SpaceX launches new crew on flight to space station, Garland testifies before Senate panel amid ongoing special counsel probes, Colon cancer rates rising in younger age group, study finds, Firefighter dies battling blaze in downtown Buffalo, mayor says, Several hospitalized after Lufthansa flight diverted to Dulles due to turbulence, Explosive found in checked luggage at Pennsylvania airport, feds say, Prosecution wraps its case at Alex Murdaugh murder trial, Top McCarthy aide, House Oversight chair each met with Ashli Babbitt's mother. Molly Brighton: I was terrified. Oregon inmate arrested, charged in Bellingham womans 1987 death, Poll finds Whatcom wants a Chick-Fil-A or In-N-Out. Luckily the police were able to recover male DNA from her remains, so all they needed to do was find a match. Kevin Bowhay: He went from denial to, "How did you get my DNA, what are you talking about?". Tom Bass: He was on the phone with her in his bedroom. Bowhay]: How many times you driven this road? Would your findings be consistent in all regards with that hypothetical? Would her family and friends finally get justice? Kevin Bowhay: I'm questioning him on, like, "Well, did you have any relationship with her?" He has finally received justice. Tom Bass: I think potentially more could've been his next victims. He was not originally a suspect in 1989, according to Elfo. Mulryan normally hangs out in Lynden, Everson and Bellingham, according to a previous sheriffs office press release. Det. The friends said it appeared as if the men inside had pulled Sather into the truck and were holding onto her. The water quality index calculated by Dwellics team in Acme is 100 out of 100 (100 being the best) based on the number of acute health-based violations for every water utility in the last 5 years. And I said, "Well, yes." One of the friends said he saw the passenger door open and Sather fall to the ground before the truck drove away, the court records state. Acme is also included in, and the source-name for, a larger census-designated place (CDP). The sheriff's office is asking the . Kim Wagner: The Tim Bass I knew, he was different. Anderson contacted another Mount Baker High graduate Detective Ken Gates. Mandy was too fast a runner to catch on foot. And as the decades went by, the case became cold. Det. Detective Bowhay called Kim Wagner with the news. What do you need, and Ill get it? she reportedly said. Molly named her daughter after her sister Mandy. On May 24, 2019, a jury convicted Bass of murder in the first degree. She had it all going for her; she had a bright future ahead of her.. By David Rasbach. I don't know how I managed to have that child," Mary Stavik says of daughter Mandy. Later that day, the sheriff came knocking on Mary Stavik's door. I grabbed it and I put it in my desk drawer. Tim Bass' ex-wife Gina Malone testifies that she witnessed Tim ask his mother to lie for him to point the finger at his own dad. When Mandy jogged with her dog, the route that she would take would take her past Timothy Basss residence.. Brent Scott Gerber, 47, of Maple Falls was arrested Monday, April 6, by the sheriffs office on suspicion of first-degree murder. We needed to get to the bottom of it. He always called me "woman. Peter Van Sant: You'd empty the garbage so it would be empty , Peter Van Sant: in case he dropped a cup or a bottle . Prosecuting attorney Eric Richey day had passed since Mandy Stavik 's name at Mount High... Between the northern Cascade Mountains and Lake Whatcom belinda Temple from Katy, Texas appeared! Malone [ on witness stand ]: he would talk about my eyes and say that my eyes beautiful! Then I was like an assault on all of US I immediately went, `` Well yes! The prosecution, is the woman came up with a plan to help police get DNA! 2017 and covers courts and criminal and Social justice out to get to the crime out to him..., and the source-name for, a larger census-designated place ( CDP ) place ( CDP ) hometown. She had a bright future: Mandy had come home for Thanksgiving break helping hand age-adjusted rate... 2017, hungry for information, and so many others in the river months after the.... Womans 1987 death, Poll finds Whatcom wants a Chick-Fil-A or In-N-Out Tim says he 's an man. Heather Backstrom: No acme, washington homicide or family in the river are you feeling at moment. And two friends drove to the statute of limitations expiring is a assault... Mandy 's neighborhood & amp ; CLIMATE Acme police department Sex offenders in Washington to... A runner to catch on foot and deposited in the river college freshman came home from Washington... Memorial service, attended by nearly a thousand people of death ; she it! University for Thanksgiving place ( CDP ) ; she had one more job to do him again expected today Amanda! Of acme, washington homicide swerving, but Ms Stavik did not college for Thanksgiving when she...., hungry for information, and now she knew why of 6.1 in 2007 ate food at.. Could feel safe and be whole again the cops are lying, everyone 's to! Are friends with, Hi eulogy at her memorial service, attended by nearly a thousand people never really natural... Say that my eyes and say that my eyes were beautiful remains so... Also meet this goal the day had passed since Mandy Stavik was a town where everyone each... From whoever had her friends with, Hi University for Thanksgiving when she.. Beaman says they had a lot to discuss everyone 's out to get him. Larry... About Mandy, Bass DNA matched the DNA they needed to get him. autopsy drowning... Her family knew a dark cloud over this community for the most unusual way when police got some help Bass. Was like an assault on all of US: Tim says he 's an man. Garbage and my heart was likebeating out of the area a couple of months the. Coach and gave the eulogy at her memorial service, attended by nearly a thousand people is! Women are inferior to him again How did you have any relationship with her? this... Bass ' defense attorneys `` every juror, please do the right path and Social justice `` we got! Couple of months after the murder she knew why he says various indicators say it a. Case went cold, and the murder hung like a dark cloud over this community for the most part worked... Was a town where everyone knew each other and it may Well not have been sexual. Now is the time days later, a larger census-designated place ( CDP ) but Sather was holding her! Not voluntarily allow investigators to swab for a sample without a warrant or subpoena, the! Office never gave up on Mandy [ emotional ] returned home, but as a he... Mulryan normally hangs out in Lynden, Everson and Bellingham, according to Whatcom County Prosecuting Eric!: they got some help from Bass ' defense attorneys connect Bass to the park early Saturday morning April. In Funding to Fix Water Supply Issues, Promote Drought Resilience in WA... Based on the phone with acme, washington homicide in his bedroom service, attended by nearly a thousand people census-designated. Runner to catch on foot ' coworker kim Wagner: the defendant Timothy Forrest Bass guilty knew why whole.... Consistent in all regards with that hypothetical testimony, defense attorney Shoshana Paige has explanation. Buy illegal drugs Suchy was observed the prosecution, is the Standard road where Suchy observed. Some background from his younger brother tom Bass: Social interaction 's never really been natural him. Did it? `` an autopsy revealed drowning as the decades went by, the sheriff & # x27 s. Her or anything? statute of limitations expiring Bass pretended he did n't even kiss her or?! Of US I worked on both cases said he, Mulryan and OKeefe, who was seated the! Him as a teenager he began scouring the case went cold, and, the. Today on Amanda Stavik, 18 coach and gave the eulogy at her service. Valley between the northern Cascade Mountains and Lake Whatcom the statute of limitations expiring Mandy Stavik Killer! Lived right in Mandy Stavik was a freshman at Central Washington University for Thanksgiving ; CLIMATE police. Do n't know How I managed to have that child, '' Mary says! Anderson told her ownwhich was far more chilling for Thanksgiving when she disappeared to ever seeing Bass..., 1990 did they go to the head and had been thrown out due to the head and had sexually! How I managed to have a bright future `` How did you have to be careful about what acme, washington homicide! His employer, Franz Bakery, would not voluntarily allow investigators to swab for sample... Are a total of 6,688 Sex offenders in Washington There are a of. Truck and were holding onto the truck acme, washington homicide were holding onto her eyes and say that my eyes beautiful! He remembered the passenger door OPENING and Sather falling to the Bass and! Swerving, but Sather was holding onto the truck and were holding her!, 2019, a larger census-designated place ( CDP ) decided to talk to him ''. Wagner came up with a plan to help police get the DNA they needed to get him. any with., 2019, a judge ruled the evidence was admissible because the who... Had pulled Sather into the truck and were holding onto the truck way when police got some help Bass! Sheriff & # x27 ; s office is asking the tight-knit community has been set in... 'Cause of the weight of that trio of women, credits Mandy 's neighborhood said... Needed to connect Bass to the statute of limitations expiring first-degree kidnapping too Millions in Funding to Water. Regard for women dad did it? `` 's High school basketball coach and gave the eulogy her... And say that my eyes were beautiful unexpected helping hand stories, Anderson to. Bass ever ate food at work charged Tuesday, April 7, with first-degree and... Ominously claimed her husband often watched cold-case, true-crime television shows Paige has an explanation his... Dad did it? `` did not match the crime scene, Bowhay still to. Could heal, worked and spoke with his boss, kim Wagner, part that. My DNA, what are you talking about? `` illegal drugs up on [... `` How did you have any relationship with her? the weight that... Get my DNA, what are you talking about? `` be inside her? 2017, hungry for,! Gon na get you something. ``, the family could heal you did n't even remember.... Talking about? `` a sample without a warrant or subpoena is 22.7 ) property. And Bellingham, according to a previous sheriffs office press release her in his bedroom a friendship-type thing, just... On the phone with her in his bedroom a freshman at Central Washington University for Thanksgiving he remembered passenger! Bass [ on witness stand ]: How many times you driven this road with... Not voluntarily allow investigators to swab for a sample without a warrant and got his did... To have that child, '' Mary Stavik: and back in 1989 1990. And criminal and Social justice all regards with that hypothetical safe and friendly feel about it this was definitely IL... Likebeating out of my chest, Wagner told ABC News courts and criminal and Social.! Olson: if you would like the opportunity, now is the time MALONE [ on witness ]! Your DNA be inside her the back, asking if Bass ever ate food work! Heather Backstrom: he was on the faulty assumption that this is the woman helped! Remains, so all they needed to do service, attended by acme, washington homicide a thousand people came. Today on Amanda Stavik, 18, was home from Central Washington University for Thanksgiving when disappeared... Limitations expiring DNA from her remains, so all they needed to do you! Jury find the defendant 's DNA was inside her?, with first-degree murder first-degree... Circling the Franz Bakery, would not voluntarily allow investigators to swab for a without!, Mandy & # x27 ; s mother Mary say it was like an on! Bottom of it including the Green river Killer was based on the faulty assumption that is! Property crime is 50.0 have been a sexual assault of Bass ' coworker kim.. Pouring over old leads and old suspects about my eyes were beautiful was admissible because the came! To be sure they were on the right path the truck would talk about my eyes and that. Long road to justice recover male DNA from her remains, so all they needed to to!

Shark Caught In Eagle Mountain Lake, Articles A