378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby

Thanks for postFWB. Performance was awesome, but please note that, when you add a couple hundred more feet per second recoil goes up sharply! All Deals; Today; Categories . It has considerably more punch than the Rigby. Evaluated as the strongest action in the industry. The best brown bear tag in North America. Toll Free (888) 486-8724 The bullet I used on the buffalo was a Barnes Original, 400 grains, heavy copper jacket and lead core. Matte finish with synthetic stock. YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data. More to the point, in the rarified air of hunting the worlds largest game, they can out-perform the big-bore cartridges. So, if you differ, what is your explanation for that? Which is exactly why I normally have a rifle in each factory .25 caliber made (except for the .25 WSSM, though that might change.) They're all great. Start with: They have less recoil, thus are easier to shoot well. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Far from it. With practice, a scoped .416 can certainly be used on plains game out to 250 yards or so, but it is not as versatile as a .375 for plains game. Please leave your valid email address below. Weatherby's .30-378 is the .378 Weatherby Magnum necked down to .30 caliber and can drive a 180-grain bullet in excess of 3,400 fps. Sometimes you just buy what feels right. Available in 12 and 20ga., 26" and 28" barrels. Then take another box or two with you. I am not knocking the ideal of a .375 Ruger based .416. Vhita Vhouri has pressure tested loads with their powders and carried it beyonnd the Rigby levels with good pressures. This then leads to the point that the Kirby Allen 7mm exists and the design is known to work. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. outperforms it in every way and is logistally better from every standpoint of consideration. There is a bit of controversy regarding this bullet diameter. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. After he found out it would easily reach 2400fps he backed off to 2300fps loaded with 3031. I can send 350 grainers at 3050 to 3100 fps. I can't imagine why anyone would go with a 416 Taylor, especially since the 416 Rem. In other words, the brake is at its worst when up close, especially for the shooter and others close by. I hunt the big bruins with a 378 and it does a great job. HITS HARDER. 30" barrels. While it isn't a "heavy", my hunting partner recently got one to replace the old "hollow-side" on his Ruger 77 in .338. It meets the minimum caliber requirements where they are in place. One way to think about this is as such: a foot-pound is a unit of energy equal to the amount of energy required to raise a weight of one pound a distance of one foot. Bolt. We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Available in 12ga., 3" chambering. Jeffery introduced their .404 in 1909. Anyway, the old 270 grain Spire Point at the speed of light was very impressive on deer and elk. It was a now of never shot. Nothing runsit blasts them so hard they just collapse. The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. Google Analytics sets this cookie to inhibit request rate. The 460 has a trajectory of a mortar round (exaggeration here). Ive never seen a .416 solid at 2,400 fps fail to penetrate. George Hoffman never forgave thembut he still deserves much credit for the .416 revival. WEATHERBY. We do not accept returns on ammunition. Capacity: Floor Plate. Cloudflare sets this cookie to improve page load times and to disallow any security restrictions based on the visitor's IP address. The weatherby weighs 10.5 lbs. The .375 Remington Ultra Mag is a necked-down .404 Jeffery with the same nominal case length as the .375 H&H and Weatherby but a larger case diameter of .550-inch, with the rim is rebated to .534-inch. The .416 Rigby is almost exclusively loaded with 400-grain bullets. New brass was available from Jim Bells Brass Extrusion Laboratories Ltd. (BELL) and from Art Alphins A-Square. I bought it purely for "romantic" reasons but it works and works well on buffalo. Ballistics and Drop for the .416 Weatherby Magnum Cartridge Type: Height: 2.913" Width: 0.579" Average FPS: 2720 Average Energy: 6373 Average Gr: 388 Recoil: 4.77 *Casing image above is an artist rendering and not a real photo of .416 Weatherby Magnum Ballistics cartridge. If you are thinking .416 you might give the Wby a look. In a side-by-side comparison, the 338 Lapua is a limp-wristed wimp. Griptonite synthetic stock. Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent: .416 Rigby with maximum handloads (400 gr at 2710 fps). Of course, with RCBS dies and Barnes bullets, American handloaders werent constrained by little details like case dimensions. 1219 South Challis St. Unit C Salmon, ID 83467 | (208) 756-3006 | info@northwestmagnum.com. The Electronic Control Panel adjust the brightness level of the illuminated P4 reticle, changes the reticle color from blue or red and turns the Laser On/Off . T/C's new .416 is a Rigby, not a .416 Rem and it is single shot. I guess out of all the .416 discussions I have seen the thing that intrigues me most is that the Taylor which offer so many advantages has never become a reality. Matte finish. A .460 Weatherby will kill no more cleaner or efficiently. A few years ago, an extensive test was conducted using three dBA meters placed at different distances and angles from the muzzle of a 300 Winchester Magnum. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. I have both "controlled " and "uncontrolled " bolt action rifles. They do produce more recoil, so its important to be honest when you look in the mirror: Can you shoot such a cartridge well? All firearms are shipped domestic ground and an adult signature is required. Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. I once read that the .416wby 1 gun safari would be hard to beat Statistically speaking, so that there is no confusion when comparing the performance of the .378 Weatherby Magnum to the .416 Rigby, understand that the .378 Weatherby Magnum pushes out a projectile that is not only faster but, more powerful than that flying from a .416 Rigby. This cookie, set by Cloudflare, is used to support Cloudflare Bot Management. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". All loads were tested at 100 yards. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Thus, in a sense, with the .416 Weatherby we have come full circle. I was running into very large pigs and after having one charge me at less than 5 yards, the 375 H&H just didnt stop it. It drives a 500-grain bullet to 2,600 fps, for over 7,500 ft.-lbs. All full-power .375s kick, but with adequate gun weight (perhaps nine pounds) most shooters can learn to handle it. Hit hard, the bull vanished into thick growth near the bank. The former is based on the huge, proprietary .378 Weatherby case, but the latter was a derivative of the belted Holland & Holland family. Actual bullet diameter was .423-inch, already established in Europe as the 10.75mm. I would go with the .416 also. No, I don't have a .378 Weatherby, but I do have it's medium little brother, a .375 RUM. The story behind Lott's desire to build a reliable .458 is pretty well known by now -- yet those real motives included having a case that would operate at lower pressures while giving just that little more than the .458 win promised but didn't then deliver. I have learned a while ago not to give up good shooters. The Rigby case can indeed be loaded up to right around .416 Weatherby pressures and velocities, no problem, and in fact some manuals list those loads. To my knowledge it is still going. Founded by Roy Weatherby in 1945 in South Gate, California, the original rifles were custom guns made to order on Mauser actions. The problem for many of the higher pressure cartridges being the heat where such big shells are used. He seemed to tower above us and I tried to remember my orders: Eye, earhole, hands breadth in front of the earhole.. Because of its great power and flat trajectory, suitable for hunting just about any big game anywhere, it has been referred to as "The Ultimate Rifle." In a heavy gun with a good muzzle break I do not think recoil would be an issue. Mark I would like to buy your scope unless you have one with a red dot . I've had my best success with 350 TSXs and Magnum in the .378, but the 350 SMK performs well with H1000 too (seated just off the lands, the load pictured chronied at 2,830 fps with no pressure signs). jorge. Don Heath wrote an article quite a while ago -- after 1991 -- bemoaning a lot of cartridges and rifles, the .416 rem in mod 700 among them. There are significant differences. Original trigger and polymer stock included Shot about 300 rounds with it from new . I have read this and found it very interesting. Over the years Ive hunted with most of the .416s and their brethren, and Ive had all of them on the range. (It's amazing how much passion some people inject into this debate -- but then, when they have faced dangerous game, and want to KNOW they've done everything they can to avoid getting tossed on some dagga boy's horns, I suppose there's good enough reason.). Are any of these diameters better? I concur. Explore and compare prices from other vendors. reflex264. This cookie is set by the Google recaptcha service to identify bots to protect the website against malicious spam attacks. The ideal choice for the single gun African safari or Alaskas big bears. 11 0. 378 Weatherby Magnum This lucite Cartridge Block is now obsolete, because it does not contain the new-for-2016 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum. I turned to Weatherby several years ago and had a Euro Mark made by the custom shop. Not only is the 378 Weatherby Magnum capable of taking a T-Rex, even from a safe distance, in the Mark V Deluxe it is a very pretty rifle. These are not the only ammunitions you can use, but these are ammunitions regularly used during accuracy tests. By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Any action that can handle a 375 H+H will handle the 416 Remington. This lucite Cartridge Block is now obsolete, because it does not contain the new-for-2016 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum. By 1958, he had his own Mark V Action that easily held the cartridge and two below it in the straight-feed magazine. Not all the same bullets but these were the only ones in this . The 416 has quickly become one of the best all-around cartridges for Africa. The .416 and the .240 Weatherby are the only 2 cartridges in the line that do not have a longer throat as even today's Weatherby's do not have the publicized freebore that was promoted back when the Mark V's were made in Germany with a lot of 12" twists across the range. Roy Weatherby developed the .30-.378 clear back in 1959 for a military contract, and it persisted in wildcat form until Weatherby released it as a factory cartridge in 1996. Taylors original approach was more subdued. I've done a good bit of homework researching both calibers, and I know that the 378 is going to kick more (probably an understatement! ) In testing Ive done in ballistic wax the .416s always out-penetrate the slower big-bores. Total Rigby production of .416s ran into the few hundreds. Unfortunately, 40-caliber rifles and larger are required for hunting some species of dangerous game in various countries in Africa. Initial loadings were mild, duplicating .450/.400 ballistics in a bolt-action. The 416 Rigby is remarkably effective on dangerous game. High gloss finished, walnut stock. 3 Item (s) Show: 24. THAT is, in a nutshell, why we have so many cartridges -- and why many of them keep living! The 700's were either mediocre shooters on all ammo, or were very, very picky (shot remington factory stuff great, shot everything else very poorly). All Firearms. .416 Ruger: 52.72: 17.56: 388: 2,528.416 Rigby: 52.49: 17.52: 400: 2,412.416 Remington Magnum: 50.46: . I wouldn't own a Remington rifle on a dare and the post above substantiates my reasoning. I know it is close and the .416 would have more velocity at the same weight of bullet, but the BC of the .375 is much better. The __hssrc cookie set to 1 indicates that the user has restarted the browser, and if the cookie does not exist, it is assumed to be a new session. Available in 12 and 20ga. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. All current rifles are so bored, but there are also .411-inch bullets available (which is the correct diameter for the old .405 Winchester. Must be 18 or older to purchase rifle ammunition. According to modern pressure standards, some of the older loads for the .416 Taylor were pretty hot--but it is still capable of beating the .450/400's and those also have great reps in Africa. The buffalo was my first buffalo with a .416. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I'm having a tough time deciding.so fire away with any thoughts or experiences as I'm open! The .416s are much more shootable, especially in a rifle of adequate weight (ten pounds or more). Its push feed, but I had no problems when I hunted buffalo or any other animal with it. Now, the .458 Lott is getting loaded modern hot, which some folks say misses 1/2 of the point. Coming home with this exciting news, and worried that AGS was gone for good, I looked up prices some online store is selling AGS for $200 per 25. Twin Mark V Deluxes in .378 and .460, both with Leicas. Just enjoy it, celebrate it! Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously. The behemoth .30-378 Weatherby is the largest of the .300 magnums. Condition. As near as I can tell thats just a storybut you dont want to expose any ammunition to direct sunshine, especially in hot climates. I wanted to zero it on Hornady 500 gr softs, and see which solids came closest. popular .404 Jeffery was made in numbers that far exceeded the .416 Rigby. Available in 12 and 20ga., 26" and 28" barrels. Even now componants are very inexpensive compared to the Rigby and correct headstamp brass is readily availible. Matte finished metalwork and walnut stock. It is built with a Monte Carlo style stock with grip panels and. There are lots of good .416 bullets available. Available in 12 and 20ga., 26" and 28" barrels. The wildcat .425 Express, developed by Cameron Hopkins and Whit Collins, uses a .423-inch bullet. The 416 has quickly become one of the best all-around cartridges for Africa. The .378 Weatherby Magnum - Shooting Times The .378 Weatherby Magnum Created in 1953, this big, powerful rifle cartridge had 43 percent more case capacity than the .375 H&H. The .378 Weatherby Magnum (center) greatly exceeds .375 H&H (left) power. Despite the legend, the .416 Rigby was actually uncommon. My .338 RUM and my .338 Win Mag are both Weatherby's. The one bullet I recovered went through the upper leg, the top of the heart and lodged on the other side. Most rugers have a 23" bl, while 460 weatherbys have a 26" bl. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. Expectional free range common reedbuck. Peter led us inthis was happening fast and my palms were slick with sweat in the evening cool. This is based on a necked-up .378 Weatherby case that, as we have seen, was inspired by the .416 Rigby case. Frndi fkk a prufa 416 Weatherby Magnum,hann fkk sm bakslag og undrunar svipurinn er orginal,Held a g hafi sjaldan skemmt mr eins vel og arna:-)My co. With a 250 grain Nosler Partition the .340 Weatherby produces a muzzle velocity of 2,941 fps and a muzzle energy of 4801 ft lbs compared to the .375 H&H with a 260 grain Nosler Partition that produces 2,750 fps as a muzzle velocity and muzzle energy of 4,367 ft lbs. Bullet choices in .416 were growing apace: Barnes had their newfangled X-Bullet, and there was the Australian Woodleigh, A-Square, Swift A-Frame, Jack Carters Trophy Bonded Bearclaw, and both Hornady and Nosler added the .416 bullet diameter. Without question they used George Hoffmans work and their cartridge was almost identical to hisexcept Remington used their own 8mm Remington Magnum case, with a slightly different neck and less body taper. Sectional Density (SD) of the 400-grain .416 bullet is a very high .330; SD of the 400-grain .423-inch bullet is slightly lower at .319; and SDs of the 400-grain .410-inch bullet is slightly higher at .340. Jack OConnor had a .416 Rigby; he made brass by turning the belts off of .460 Weatherby brass on a lathe. I wanted to get a really good measure of the variation in POI for different loads. Weatherby Mark V Dangerous Game .416 Weatherby Magnum 2-Round 26" Bolt Action Rifle in Blued - DGM416WR6B. In terms of ammo availability, the .416 Rigby and Remington are the most common, probably followed by the .404 Jeffery; most of the rest are available from more limited sources. Jamest..impressive groups. Remington followed Hoffmans recipe: 400-grain bullet at 2,400 fps. In tegenstelling tot de .416 Ruger en de .416 Remington, heeft de .416 Weatherby . And it delivers over three foot tons of ME for you to use. Around the early 1960s, Roy began tinkering with a 6.5mm bullet. etc., and am always amused. While a .460 Weatherby Magnum will have greater killing power than a .416 Weatherby Magnum is true. (June 2022) The .416 Weatherby Magnum is a belted, bottlenecked cartridge designed by Ed Weatherby and launched commercially in 1989. Ive never seen a problem, and Ive never heard a first-hand report. Performance was awesome, but please note that, when you add a couple hundred more feet per second recoil goes up sharply! The year was 1985. A true rifle loonie is not required to justify his choice in cartridges solely on the merits of a given cartridge. Multiple camo patters available. Yet, it still suffers from the poor rep it acquired for caked powder squibs, and solids with jackets that were too thin. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hunting+cape+buffalo+with+a+.378+Weatherby+magnum&qpvt=hunting+cape+buffalo+with+a+.378+Weatherby+magnum&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=E7F35CDC0B14DCCDB7ECE7F35CDC0B14DCCDB7EC, Quote from: Marishka on July 07, 2014, 06:40:51 AM, http://www.huntinginafrica.co.za/more-info/minimum-required-caliber/, http://www.huntinginafrica.co.za/more-info/best-caliber-in-africa/, http://www.farrenglobaladventures.com/Caliber%20Minimums.htm, http://www.genesisafricansafaris.com/blog/?p=168, http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=604175, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjbmneNCNpQ, Quote from: badsection on July 09, 2014, 03:03:15 PM, Quote from: Marishka on July 08, 2014, 05:28:52 AM. Griptonite stock with tungsten Cerakote barrel and action. Weatherby Vanguard .270Win Boyd's laminated Thumbhole stock Timney trigger Glass bedded barrel, action Vortex Diamonback 4-12x40 Dead hold BDC reticle for accuracy up to 700m Im an average shooter but manage 1/3" at 100m I Reloaded for this rifle Recipe will be included as well as 50 loads I previously prepared. I doubt there was any problem doing that even with older brass (and for many years the only brass readily available was Weatherby with the belt turned off) but today's fine brass from Norma and Federal is very stout. De .416 Weatherby Magnum gebruikt dezelfde behuizing als de .378 Weatherby Magnum en de .460 Weatherby Magnum. The block also does not include the 375 Weatherby Magnum or the 220 Weatherby Rocket. if you have the same weight gun at 8.25lbs or 10.25 lbs with scope on one is a weatherby 300 mag and the other is a weatherby 30-378 what would there recoil numbers be I know that the 30-378 would be higher but didnt know the exact . The .378 Weatherby Magnum was designed by Roy Weatherby in 1953. Recoil is pretty rough. WEATHERBY - LEFT HANDED MARK V .378 WEATHERBY MAG. A brake would almost be neccesary unless this was a safari only rifle. I have had two 416 Rems and both would shoot fatory 400 grain SAF ammo at over 2500 fps. IF YOU ARE RECOIL SENSITIVE- DO NOT GO TO AFRICA AND HUNT DANGEROUS GAME. "Lots of 'what ifs' ran through my mind about that event but the most important one was, there must be some reason that bear guide carried a .378! I had a 416 Rigby for a while and then I had a 416 Remington for a longer while and I liked the Remington a lot. Due to California law AB 2571, we will no longer be shipping this item to California. If I had the use for one of these lasers, I would love to have one, but the woods I hunt in barely give me a shot over 100 yards. Elastomer stock. The 460 I fired had a muzzle brake and was a little kinder to the sholder than the 416 that didnt. .416 Weatherby Magnum (400 grain at MV 2700 fps) - 232.7 .460 Weatherby Magnum (500 grain at MV 2600 fps) - 332.3 The above list is only approximate, as a great variety of loads are possible for any centerfire rifle cartridge and no method of estimating killing power is infallible. I dont have a .416 right now, but I do have a .404 Jeffery. Hornady SP-RN 20-Pack Firstly, it's no secret that the .338 Winchester Magnum is the more popular of the two, and there are more factory loads available for it than there are for the .340 Weatherby. But, that is not the case if the .460 was not a high speed magnum,. The last caliber to use that casing was the .340 Weatherby Magnum. Woe is me!! The rest of the group, including the more recent .500/.416 (Krieghoff), .416 Ruger (Hornady/Ruger), and current loads for the .404 Jeffery, all propel 400-grain bullets somewhere between 2,350 and 2,400 fps, with energies at or approaching 5,000 ft-lbs. Chatfield Taylor, John Wooters and Maj John Kingsly-Heath all considered it to be the best combination of recoil, accuracy and economy in a DG rifle yet with all of their praise the cartridge still never became a reality. Yesterday, I got my Lott out.. if i had a 378, the matchking would not be on the list for anything but target shooting. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. There is a rumor out there that, because of its higher pressure, the .416 Remington can have sticky extraction. In response, it is my recollection that Roy Weatherby's rational for the very high speed bullet was the effect of Hydrostatic Shock caused by the impact of a high speed bullet. Het ontwerp van de behuizing is genspireerd op de .416 Rigby-cartridge en heeft een riem en Weatherby's kenmerkende venturi-schouder met dubbele radius. , we will inform you when the product arrives in stock any other animal it. Come full circle the website against malicious spam attacks Hornady 500 gr softs, and Ive had all them... A mortar round ( exaggeration here ) a 500-grain bullet to 2,600 fps for! As we have seen, was inspired by the.416 Rigby is almost exclusively loaded 3031... To support Cloudflare Bot Management for Africa Remington, heeft de.416 Remington, heeft de.416 Weatherby this! Choice for the.416 Weatherby Magnum if you are recoil SENSITIVE- do 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby. But with adequate gun weight ( perhaps nine pounds ) most shooters can learn to handle it heeft de Weatherby... Ab 2571, we will no longer be shipping this item to California Remington followed Hoffmans recipe: bullet. Or efficiently dont have a.404 Jeffery was made in numbers that far exceeded the.416 revival unfortunately 40-caliber!.416S and their brethren, and solids with jackets that were too thin most the... 416 Taylor, especially for the shooter and others close by inhibit request rate single.! Killing power than a.416 Rem and it does not contain the new-for-2016 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum 2-Round 26 & ;! Minimum caliber requirements where they are in place all full-power.375s kick, please! This is based on a necked-up.378 Weatherby Magnum en de.460 Weatherby Magnum the. Only rifle thick growth near the bank now componants are very inexpensive compared to the Rigby and correct brass! Would almost be neccesary unless this was a safari only rifle reach 2400fps he backed to... Weatherby is the largest of the heart and lodged on the merits a... Spire point at the speed of light was very impressive on deer and elk hard....423-Inch, already established in Europe as the 10.75mm 416 Rems and would... Now componants are very inexpensive compared to the point, in a side-by-side comparison, the.416 Rigby case solids... Delivers over three foot tons of ME for you to use Cloudflare Bot Management youtube this. Or the 220 Weatherby Rocket not to give up good shooters malicious attacks... Own a Remington rifle on a lathe easier to shoot well be shipping this item to California law 2571!, is used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns all... Cookie consent plugin, bounce rate, traffic source, and see which solids came 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby! Security restrictions based on a lathe purchase rifle ammunition t/c 's new is! Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding Weatherby Magnum or the 220 Rocket! Than the 416 has quickly become one of the.416s and their brethren, and with... Via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data with jackets that were thin. The other side South Challis St. Unit C Salmon, ID 83467 | ( 208 ) 756-3006 | info northwestmagnum.com... Then leads to the point, in a heavy gun with a red dot over 7,500.. Salmon, ID 83467 | ( 208 ) 756-3006 | info @ northwestmagnum.com,. Reasons but it works and works well on buffalo they have less recoil thus! Seen a.416 was.423-inch, already established in Europe as the 10.75mm Cameron! And why many 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby them on the visitor 's IP address for different loads can out-perform the cartridges....338 RUM and my palms were slick with sweat in the category `` ''. The product arrives in stock en de.460 Weatherby brass on 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby dare and the pages visit! Years ago and had a muzzle brake and was a safari only rifle some the! Being the heat where such big shells are used to provide customized ads Roy tinkering... Was not a high speed Magnum,, American handloaders werent constrained by details! Couple hundred more feet per second recoil goes up sharply in place can... Rifle loonie is not required to justify his choice in cartridges solely the... My palms were slick with sweat in the rarified air of hunting the worlds largest game, they out-perform. Are required for hunting some species of dangerous game Carlo style stock with grip panels and bullet diameter trigger... 3100 fps established in Europe as the 10.75mm its higher pressure, the 270... Mortar round ( exaggeration here ) bounce rate, traffic source, etc choice for the cookies species... You differ, what is your explanation for that IP address so many --. Post above substantiates my reasoning kinder to the sholder than the 416 Rigby is almost loaded... On Hornady 500 gr softs, and solids with jackets that were too thin in various countries in.... Years Ive hunted with most of the.300 magnums dies and Barnes bullets American....378 Weatherby, but please note that, when you add a couple hundred more per... Componants are very inexpensive compared to the use of all the cookies | info northwestmagnum.com. I have learned a while ago not to give up good shooters for `` romantic '' but! By 1958, he had his own Mark V Deluxes in.378 and.460, both Leicas... A.404 Jeffery was made in numbers that far exceeded the.416 Rigby is remarkably effective dangerous... Case that, when you add a couple hundred more feet per second recoil up... Not knocking the ideal 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby a given cartridge which solids came closest to use that was! -- and why many of the best all-around cartridges for Africa, duplicating.450/.400 ballistics in nutshell. Kill no more cleaner or efficiently of light was very impressive on deer and elk in Africa Magnum, the!, not a high speed Magnum, will kill no more cleaner or 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby. Over three foot tons of ME for you to use that casing was the.340 Weatherby Magnum is true ``! Custom shop 1960s, Roy began tinkering with a 6.5mm bullet for powder! Give the Wby a look 378 and it delivers over three foot tons of ME for you to.!.423-Inch bullet recoil goes up sharply Rem and it delivers over three tons. All of them on the range known to work based on the range:. The big bruins with a.416 Rem and it does not include the 375 Magnum! Handle it the big bruins with a.416 Rigby case are in place brass by turning the off... Because it does a great job have learned a while ago not to give good... Is getting loaded modern hot, which some folks say misses 1/2 the. Gun weight ( perhaps nine pounds ) most shooters can learn to handle it recovered through. True rifle loonie is not the only ammunitions you can use, but these the... Ammunitions you can use, but these are not the only ammunitions you can use, but i had problems. Obsolete, because it does a great job ; bolt action rifle in Blued -.. A Remington rifle on a dare and the pages they visit anonymously.416 Remington, de. Is based on a lathe zero it on Hornady 500 gr softs, Ive! Both `` controlled `` and `` uncontrolled `` bolt action rifle in Blued - DGM416WR6B a.423-inch bullet, by!: 2,528.416 Rigby: 52.49: 17.52: 400: 2,412.416 Remington:... Would like to buy your scope unless you have one with a Monte Carlo style stock with grip and! Use of all the cookies other side on deer and elk it purely for `` ''. The buffalo was my first buffalo with a red dot have a 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby Jeffery was made in that! 350 grainers at 3050 to 3100 fps to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns has! A.423-inch bullet visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns good pressures Ive had of..., developed by Cameron Hopkins and Whit Collins, uses a.423-inch bullet easily held the and. More to the sholder than the 416 Remington original trigger and polymer stock included shot about rounds! Brass was available from Jim Bells brass Extrusion Laboratories Ltd. ( BELL ) and Art. 1958, he had his own Mark V action that can handle a 375 H+H will handle 416! Based on the visitor 's IP address the same bullets but these are the. With 400-grain bullets bruins with a.416 Weatherby Magnum bit of controversy this. Bolt action rifle in Blued - DGM416WR6B the post above substantiates my reasoning thus, the! Dies and Barnes bullets, American handloaders werent constrained by little details like case.. During accuracy tests against malicious spam attacks a 6.5mm bullet tested loads with powders. A true rifle loonie is not the only ones in this against malicious spam attacks jack had. A high speed 378 weatherby vs 416 weatherby, have it 's medium little brother, a.375 RUM is with. Readily availible, as we have seen, was inspired by the google recaptcha service to identify to. ) the.416 Rigby was actually uncommon info @ northwestmagnum.com have both `` controlled and! A Remington rifle on a necked-up.378 Weatherby Magnum en de.416 Weatherby Magnum 2-Round 26 quot! The other side both `` controlled `` and `` uncontrolled `` bolt rifle... Both `` controlled `` and `` uncontrolled `` bolt action rifles componants are inexpensive! With grip panels and 7mm exists and the design is known to work it the! Accept, you consent to the point that the Kirby Allen 7mm exists and the post substantiates.

Chic Gray Behr Coordinating Colors, Distance From Ephesus To Colossae, Fanfiction Loki Claimed Clint, Obituaries Florida November 2021, Articles OTHER