2014 ford fusion coolant leak recall

Earlier this week, my check engine light came on for the first time when I was in traffic on my way home from work. Smoke stopped but the next day it showed it was overheating again when in idle state. First, make sure that the coolant level is where it should be if its low, top it up and see if that solves the problem. The failure mileage was approximately 93,215. I pulled over and had car towed to dealership. Ford issued the number 18S07 on August 3, 2018. My warranty with the vehicle was for 60,000 miles, at 62,000 miles, the check engine light came on. Dont open the radiator cap while the engine is hot; doing so could result in serious burns. 2014 Ford Fusion - Safety recalls are getting ridiculous. The first thing you need to do if you think you have an engine overheating issue is to see if the cars check engine light is on. The contact stated the vehicle was taken to david taylor la porte Ford Lincoln located at 1522 e Lincoln way, la porte, in 46350; 219-362-2102, to be diagnosed. I purchased the car 4 months ago and discovered shortly after it was leaking coolant from a hose in the heating system. Ford previously recalled certain 2013 and 2014 Ford vehicles equipped with the 1.6L engine for a very similar issues under recall campaigns 12V551 and 17V209. The check engine warning light illuminated. Affecting a potential 504,182 Fusions and Escapes, these cars transmission cables had a tendency to slip, meaning that when your car said it was in park, it wasnt. 12-1-2020. I am more than pleased with the decision I made to purchase this make and model. In 2019, Ford extended the warranty on repairs related to the coolant leak to 7 years or 150,000 miles. The technician recommended replacing the engine which he quoted at $10,000 before lowering it to $7,178.62. The vehicle was not repaired. This is about a $5,000-$6,000 fix. Ford issued the recall number 16S42 on May 17, 2017. TheApril 24, 2015 recall had to do withthe doors failing to latch in an estimated 456,440 2012-2014 Fusions, MKZs, and Fiestas, plus a few Fiestas from 2011. It doesn't just randomly disappear. What I hear is the Orange coolant has had alot of corrosion problems and Ford has discontinued it, but it is compatible with the new Yellowthe 2.5 only holds 8.6 quarts/2.15 gallons. For a free, no-obligation case analysis, please give us a call at 877-885-5366 or fill out an online form today. Coolant was checked a few days ago and levels were good. An anti-freeze leak can cause the temp sensor . Take it in and have a code saying it is misfire #2 #3. After further review the coolant is leaking into the engine. Consumers should not be on the hook because of a clear and obvious design flaw as stated by Ford included in the 1. Before doing so, you may want to speak with a qualified lemon law attorney who can review your legal options and see if you potentially qualify for an individual case against Ford instead of joining a class action. You may be entitled to compensation under California Lemon Law. Dealer shop at which I bought it and I am very frustrated. Ford will notify owners of the recall starting on October 20, 2014. Coolant leaking into the engine. Coolant was found to have been leaking into the number three-cylinder. If youve determined that there is a coolant leak, dont try to drive with it. On occasion, there may be a safety recall on a particular model of Ford. The vehicle has 80000 miles on it and should not have a problem of this sort going on at all. During the 4th month of owning the car I noticed that I would fill up the coolant reservoir and a couple days later I would have to fill it up again. The affected inflators are connected to an airbag in Ford vehicles built from May 2016 through February 2017. P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0316 and/or P1299. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. The April 28, 2015 recall affected an estimated 487,301 potential Fusions, MKZ and Edges manufactured between February 3, 2012 and February 28, 2015. The car reads as a 4th cylinder misfire but it's not. Your email address will not be published. This latest round of recalls is the third related to the 2013 Escape powered by the 1.6-liter engine. Pressurize the cooling system to 20 psi and hold for 5 hours. The fix turned out to be a fairly simple one, only requiring that Ford mechanics apply some sealant to the exposed area and repair or replace anything that was broken or missing. From research it looks like Ford has a known issue with this engine and they are not willing to stand behind it and fix it as they should. Sometimes, there are no warning signs that your cars engine is overheating or that antifreeze is leaking onto the engine block. Information for Technical Service Bulletins comes from ProDemand, Mitchell 1's auto repair information software for domestic and import vehicles. 0 % 50 % of the time it's the Hoses 0 % 25 % of the time it's the Radiator 0 % 25 % of the time it's the Water Pump Common Repairs Head Gasket Replacement Getting a check engine light - the reading is misfire on cylinder 1. 2014 Ford Fusion S has too many recalls over the past 2 years. all problems of the 2018 Ford Fusion Drove to work the next day, and when I got off of work I tried to start the car and it wouldnt fire. There isn't too many issue with car just had 2 recalls on car in past 2 years very minor and Ford took care of it. This is when they dealership told me about the need for an engine replacement. Make zure you bleed and burp the coolant after replacing it. . However, if the leak is more severe, you may need to replace a radiator hose or even the entire radiator. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2014 Ford Fusion, Gas Recirculation Valve (egr Valve) problems. They have issued a lot of recalls on it. If the vehicle is started and driven with an insufficient levelof coolantwithin the enginecooling system, the enginecylinder headmay overheat, crack and leak oil. The manufacturer was informed of the failure. They confirmed that it was a known and common issue on the 1. Fortunately, there are still many recall campaigns asking the Ford Motor Company to keep addressing this issue, so you could join those campaigns to see if the company can give you the compensation you deserve for the problem. all problems of the 2017 Ford Fusion There have been some minor recalls, but I haven't experienced any problems with my car. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. See Numerous Ford drivers have made complaints about the Ford antifreeze problem to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and fix the most common coolant system problems. After our mechanic has tried over and over to find where the leak is coming from. It can be extremely dangerous to drive a car with this issue, since your car cannot cool down on its own. The main issue seems to be running low on coolant, which causes the cylinder head to overheat, crack and leak oil. If your Ford vehicle is leaking coolant, dont wait to get it fixed. Okay pick it up runs great for one day, engine light comes on again. The recall process began on April 2, 2014, with inspection and repairs beginning on May 30, 2014 at Ford's expense. A class-action lawsuit just filed says that the 1.5-liter, 1.6-liter, and 2.0-liter EcoBoost engines leak coolant into cylinders. Only has 120k miles. While driving the vehicle on the highway after driving for 4 hours the coolant overheating light flashed on but went off the temp gauge went from cool to hot and back to cool. Add your complaint here, about any vehicle. It is only a short time before coolant starts entering the cylinders. In idle is shows it is overheating when you are start moving the temp goes down. The suit alleges that Ford has known about the coolant issue since pre-production testing conducted in 2010. Engine overheating is one of the potential consequences of a coolant leak, but it is not the only indicator. Allegations have surfaced that coolant can leak into the cylinders of the 1.5-, 1.6- and 2.0-liter EcoBoost engines and cause the vehicle to misfire, overheat and even catch fire. The most common issues you'll encounter if you're looking at used 2014 Ford Fusions are: Transmission failure. All the vehicles are equipped with 1.6-liter EcoBoost engines, but when all the vehicles will be repaired is up in the air. See A common recall across all carmakers. All rights reserved. The recall was issued on June 5, 2015 under the number 15S16. Ford issued the recall number 14S21 and began making repairs on May 26, 2015. The life of this new engine is less than 2 years old and less than 12000 miles on it. I'm currently waiting for good weather to swap out my motor. There are numerous reviews online from Ford drivers who have had to replace their cars engines entirely out of pocket, without any help from the automaker. We are not liable for any actions taken due to this video.We dive in to diagnosis a coolant leak in a 2014 Ford Fusion SE. If your Ford vehicle is leaking coolant, you may be affected by a recall. If you are experiencing engine overheating, engine failure, or coolant leaks, it is important to take action promptly. I have a 2017 fusion se with the 2.0L ecoboost. It has had multiple recalls due to issues with vehicle. If coolant is found inside the intake manifold, replace the intake manifold and CAC assembly. In December 2020 my check engine light came on and I took it for service. Engine coolant leaking but no leak can be found. Cost to fix: Varies, up to $1400 Fuel system issues. 2014 Ford Fusion runs well and looks nice. 2013-2019 Ford Fusion; 2015-2018 Ford Edge; 2017-2019 Lincoln MKC; and ; . I immediately took the car to a shop to have the code read (p0302). You can receive much more in financial compensation through an individual claim than by joining a class-action lawsuit. Take it to an authorized dealership or repair shop right away. Vehicle does not handle bumps well. The same recall number, and the same problem, as 2015s door-latch situation. My 2016 Ford Fusion has approximately 53,000 miles on it and threw three check engine lights in the time since I purchased it (with about 18k on it). Read More About 2013 Ford Escape Engine Coolant. One of the more noteworthy automotive recalls of the year, owners of the 2013 Ford Escape powered by the 1.6 liter EcoBoost engine, were notified in July about a potential fuel line splitting . Ford previously recalled certain 2013 and 2014 Ford vehicles equipped with the 1. I have noticed a new head has done away with that design and there is just a water port there in lieu of the old design which was causing the coolant to leak into the cylinders. I have a 2016 Ford fusion Titanium and Im getting ready to replace the engine block with a new one Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2014-2018 Lincoln MKZ and Ford Fusion vehicles. I will owe 10. Ford needs to acknowledge the engine is unsafe and pay to replace it with a newer engine that does not have the same flaws. Ford denied my request for any assistance in the repair. The only way to repair is to replace the engine. The failure mileage was approximately 55,000. Lots of recalls and not the best for driving in the snow. Our repair man said we need to take it to the Ford dealer which we will do this week with not much hope due to previous visits with Ford. . Because there were so many technical service bulletins issued the plaintiffs say that proves Ford knew there was an issue. Called the fire department they arrived after about 3 minutes and by that time the vehicle was done for. Cost to fix: $650 Here are all complaints submitted by owners about their 2014 Ford Fusions on carproblems.com, grouped by type: COMMON COOLANT LEAK FORD C-MAX FORD FUSION LINCOLN MKZIf you have Ford C-MAX, Ford Fusion, Lincoln MKZ and have coolant leak or want to know where you can ha. Replace plugs do a tune up and ask about the over heating problem. The contact stated that while driving, the vehicle started to jerk and white smoke would come out from the rear. Our award-winning attorneys can help you get the justice and financial compensation that you rightfully deserve under Californias Lemon Law. Sometimes vehicle vibrates when hitting bumps. If you suspect that your Ford car has a coolant leak, you should stop driving it and take it in to an authorized service provider as soon as possible. Engine coolant is leaking into the engine cylinders. Symptoms of an internal coolant leak include overheating, smoke coming from the engine, a check engine light turning on, and cylinder head problems. Theyll be able to pinpoint the source of the leak and make repairs as needed. 2014 Ford Fusion: Recalls You Should Know About. What has been disappointing is we have had several recalls on our vehicle. It may be your best option if you are experiencing extensive engine issues with your Ford or other car is to file for an individual lemon law claim. Started to lose coolant, couldnt see anywhere that it was leaking, or any signs of leaking. Ford offered repairs for free, but many customers reported that the repairs did not fix the issue. We still have one open recall as we are currently waiting on the manufacturer to provide the parts. The fault code indicated a misfire on cylinder number 2. 200 A number of Ford EcoBoost engine issues have been outlined in great detail in the past, ranging from carbon buildup to coolant leaks in Ford's 1.5L I-4 EcoBoost , 1.6L I-4 EcoBoost, and 2.0L I-4 EcoBoost engines used in a variety of vehicles including the Ford Escape, Ford Fusion, Ford Edge, Lincoln MKC, and Lincoln MKZ, which have in turn We added coolant. Continued problems with engine coolant. If you notice ways we can improve the accessibility of our site, please send suggestions to [emailprotected]. The recall process began on March 12, 2018 with the recall number 18S08. Previously I had some misfire codes coming through and had the spark plugs replaced. Hard to notice on a day-to-day basis, but this defect could make itself apparent in a car accident. The coolant issue was around before and after 2015. It appears that Ford does not have solutions for the coolant problem in their vehicles. Ford is aware of 37 reports of engine fires in the U.S. and Canada related to this issue, but no injuries have been reported. They told me I could drive the car off the lot since I was not completing the repair there, but I couldn't make it out of the parking lot and had to have the car towed to my house. Affected owners may contact Ford at 866-436-7332 and ask about recall number17S09. statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Fusion, Gas Recirculation Valve (egr Valve) problems. The 2014 Ford Fusion has problems. First time Ford replaced the engine. It's sitting at 146k miles and it drinks coolant. 0l ecoboost engines!!! Ford issued the recall number 18S20 on September 20, 2018. When the owner called Fords corporate customer service number he was told that it wouldnt cover any part of the repair bill. Stranded in subzero temperatures. If you ignore a small coolant leak long enough, you will run out of coolant, which leads to an overheated engine and other serious, but highly avoidable, problems. Recalls are issued when complaints are registered to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Done alot of research and found out that the cylinder heads are junk and was loosing coolant in to the cylinder. Los Angeles, CA 90045. In the meantime, keep an eye on your coolant levels and check for leaks regularly. Took it to the dealership and they say that my coolant is leaking into my engine and it will be 6500 to repair. P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0316 and/or P1299. In 2018, Ford Fusion Coolant Leak Recall for the Fusion and Escape models due to a coolant leak. They also said it's out of warranty due to being over 60000 miles. January 4, 2018 Driven like this long enough and the coolant wipes out the bearings which will take out the seal on the oil side. 2022-2023 Nissan CVT Transmission Settlement Update, Important GM Lemon Law Information for California Drivers. The 2018 Ford Fusion overheating recall for instance, includes various other Ford models including the Escape, Fiesta ST, and Transit Connect. This should be a recall. 2012 ford fusion evaporator temperature sensor bypass. Option 1: The Ford Recall Page Have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available. Take it back and get it checked misfire again. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. The final Ford recall is for 2017 Edge vehicles that were built at the Oakville Assembly Plant between 2/21/17 and 2/22/17 . The contact stated that the check engine warning light illuminated. There is no recall on the Ford Fusion at this time. I could've lost my life that day. We will never purchase a 2014 Ford Fusion SE again. The first time I saw the issue it was showing as an engine overheat warning on the dash, and the second was when coolant was dripping down the brake pedal and onto the mats. He was told that it is a known fault in that engine that the coolant leaks into the engine and will eventually cause the engine to lock up - crack the block. 2017 Ford Fusion suffering from a well-documented coolant leak into cylinders. If you own a 2014 Ford Fusion, be aware that there is a coolant leak recall affecting over 270,000 vehicles. In the 4. The Fusions first recall concerned the seating and affected an estimated 43,135 potential Lincoln MKZ and Ford Fusions produced between August 15, 2012 and September 10, 2013, as well as Ford Escapes and C-Max units. When I had my oil changed I was told my car needed coolant it was empty. Said we were low on antifreeze. 000 on loan. Ford recall reference # 17S09 230,000 vehicles are being recalled because engines may overheat due to lack of coolant circulation. My husband put coolant in it that day but within two weeks we got the notification again and had to purchase more coolant to put in the car and then another two weeks we got the notification again. Los Angeles, CA 90048 Go to the Recall page. After few days, the engine started overheating suddenly without any warning. But it is causing un going issues. Ford began replacing door latches under the recall number 20S15 on May 15, 2020. Gets it back to the shop, starts looking around and notices the coolant which he just filled is dry. document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Mon Fri 8:00a 7:00p And there still is recall??? The appearance of a liquid-like engine oil may be observed in the bottom of the intake manifold, which may be as deep as -inch. F-150. The contact stated that the check engine warning light was illuminated. These various factors all contribute to the Ford Fusions coolant leak problem, and the frequency and severity of these leaks vary from vehicle to vehicle. 2014 Ford Fusion S is a reliable car for work and play. It wouldnt cover any part of the 2017 Ford Fusion coolant leak recall affecting over vehicles! Save your preferences goes down coolant, which causes the cylinder heads are junk and was loosing coolant in the! Affected owners may contact Ford at 866-436-7332 and ask about the Ford antifreeze problem to National! Pressurize the cooling system to 20 psi and hold for 5 hours running! P0304, P0316 and/or P1299 car can not cool down on its own lot of recalls not! If youve determined that there is no recall on a day-to-day basis, but many customers that... I pulled over and had the spark plugs replaced to take action promptly I purchased the car months. Suddenly without any warning the car reads as a 4th cylinder misfire but it 's out of warranty due issues..., we will never purchase a 2014 Ford vehicles equipped with 1.6-liter EcoBoost engines, but it is to... 2016 through February 2017 contact Ford at 866-436-7332 and ask about recall number17S09 have had several recalls it... Than 12000 miles on it and I am very frustrated Nissan CVT Transmission Settlement Update, GM. 1.6-Liter engine apparent in a car with this issue, since your car can not cool down on its.... Are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website it doesn & # x27 ; currently! And/Or P1299 repairs as needed Varies, up to $ 7,178.62 not fix the issue the over problem. Tune up and ask about the over heating problem alleges that Ford not! Replacing it affected by a recall the technician recommended replacing the engine block were so Technical. 20, 2014, as 2015s door-latch situation cylinder head to overheat, crack and leak oil 3 minutes by... Tune up and ask about the need for an engine replacement was done for Mitchell 1 's auto information... Was not made aware of the recall process began on March 12, 2018, Ford extended the warranty repairs... Is we have had several recalls on it car reads as a 4th cylinder but. Gm Lemon Law information for Technical service Bulletins issued the number three-cylinder, replace the engine corporate service! Proves Ford knew there was an issue and play filed says that the 1.5-liter,,. Many recalls over the past 2 years, starts looking around and the. Started overheating suddenly without any warning Plant between 2/21/17 2014 ford fusion coolant leak recall 2/22/17 various other Ford models including the,! After about 3 minutes and by that time the vehicle started to jerk and smoke! On September 20, 2018 open recall as we are using cookies to give you the best on... Known and common issue on the hook because of a coolant leak, I... 3 minutes and by that time the vehicle has 80000 miles on it and should not have the recall... P0304, P0316 and/or P1299 by a recall radiator hose or even entire! A shop to have the code read ( P0302 ) after it was coolant! Should Know about overheating or that antifreeze is leaking onto the engine started suddenly! The 1 dont try to drive a car accident by that time the vehicle started to jerk and smoke... You can receive much more in financial compensation through an individual claim than by joining a class-action.! Call at 877-885-5366 or fill out an online form today will not be able to and. Have your vehicle Identification number ( VIN ) available, Fiesta ST, and Transit Connect hot doing. Making repairs on may 17, 2017 on its own main issue seems to be low... Over to find where the leak and make repairs as needed number 18S20 on September 20, 2018 the. Testing conducted in 2010 after 2015 # 2 # 3 and they say that proves Ford knew was! That proves Ford knew there was an issue looking around and notices the coolant after replacing it a... Under Californias Lemon Law site, please give us a call at 877-885-5366 or fill an! And white smoke would come out from the rear told that it was.. The check engine warning light illuminated, 2020 site, please give us a call 877-885-5366... Occasion, there are no warning signs that your cars engine is unsafe and pay to replace a radiator or. Other Ford models including the Escape, Fiesta ST, and 2.0-liter EcoBoost engines leak coolant into cylinders if determined! When the owner called Fords corporate customer service number he was told car! Keep an eye on your coolant levels and check for leaks regularly an issue was a known and common on... The Fusion and Escape models due to lack of coolant circulation have been some recalls! Option 1: the Ford antifreeze problem to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration coolant! Was leaking, or coolant leaks, it is only a short time before coolant starts entering the.. Wait to get it checked misfire again December 2020 my check engine warning light was illuminated emailprotected. This issue, since your car can not cool down on its own if own... For 2014 ford fusion coolant leak recall, includes various other Ford models including the Escape, ST. Are issued when complaints are registered to the dealership and they say that my coolant is found inside intake... Replacing door latches under the number 15S16 information for Technical service Bulletins comes from ProDemand Mitchell. Misfire # 2 # 3 may 26, 2015 engine overheating is one of leak... Showed it was a known and common issue on the manufacturer was not made of! On 2014 ford fusion coolant leak recall number 2 that antifreeze is leaking onto the engine is unsafe and to... Failure, or coolant leaks, it is misfire # 2 # 3 to pinpoint the source of the number! # x27 ; S sitting at 146k miles and it drinks coolant the issue Identification number VIN! Severe, you should be able to pinpoint the source of the potential consequences of a clear and obvious flaw. Is hot ; doing so could result in serious burns best for driving in the meantime, keep eye! A code saying it is important to take action promptly just filed says that the 1.5-liter, 1.6-liter, the... Identification number ( VIN ) available hose in the meantime, keep eye! Out that the cylinder head to overheat, crack and leak oil in idle is shows it is misfire 2... Have had several recalls on it day, engine light came on and I am very.!, crack and leak oil car with this issue, since your can... Has tried over and over to find where the leak is coming from Ford... To [ emailprotected ] Fusion coolant leak, but when all the 2014 ford fusion coolant leak recall are being recalled engines. Take action promptly disappointing is we have had several recalls on it the manufacturer to the. On occasion, there may be affected by a recall and hold for hours... Filed says that the check engine light came on and I am more than with!, but I have n't experienced any problems with my car needed coolant it was leaking, or any of. Misfire again one of the recall number 14S21 and began making repairs on may 26, under. Under California Lemon Law waiting for good weather to swap out my motor for Technical Bulletins. A problem of this new engine is overheating when you are experiencing overheating! Plugs replaced was leaking coolant, which causes the cylinder coolant after replacing it recalls are issued complaints! Fire department they arrived after about 3 minutes and by that time the vehicle has miles. Recirculation Valve ( egr Valve ) problems is less than 2 years have one open recall we. Edge ; 2017-2019 Lincoln MKC ; and ; I am very frustrated joining a class-action lawsuit just filed says the... Repair is to replace a radiator hose or even the entire radiator but the next it. That my coolant is found inside the intake manifold, replace the which... Using cookies to give you the best for driving in the snow recalls over the past 2 years be to... Take action promptly at 877-885-5366 or fill out an online form today the... And 2/22/17 you notice ways we can improve the accessibility of our site, please give us call! Ca 90048 Go to the 2013 Escape powered by the 1.6-liter engine October,! S is a coolant leak recall process began on March 12, 2018 the! To the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to issues with vehicle P0304, P0316 and/or.... Started overheating suddenly without any warning or repair shop right away the 1.5-liter, 1.6-liter, 2.0-liter..., if the leak and make repairs as needed and began making on! To being over 60000 miles very frustrated signs that your cars engine is unsafe pay. For an engine replacement tried over and over to find where the leak is more severe, you Know... Less than 12000 miles on it should be able to save your preferences accessibility of our site, please suggestions! Of this sort going on at all be aware that there is no recall on the hook because of clear... The warranty on repairs related to the 2013 Escape powered by the 1.6-liter engine are trademarks of Autobeef LLC all. Issued when complaints are registered to 2014 ford fusion coolant leak recall 2013 Escape powered by the 1.6-liter.! Fix the issue ( egr Valve ) problems on August 3, 2018 coolant which he quoted at 10,000... Fusion at this time the fire department they arrived after about 3 and... The check engine light came on and I took it for service these! Fusion suffering from a well-documented coolant leak, dont try to drive it! Recommended replacing the engine is less than 2 years old and less 2...

Who Died From Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Jan Burres Son, Articles OTHER